Supergirl

Greywind

What a shame Supergirl didn't bring any Medusa virus to Barry's Earth to stop the nonhuman non-Kryptonian aliens...

While it would be logical for Supergirl to immediately go back to her Earth, have Lena Luthor or the DEO whip up a batch of the virus, and take it back to Flarrowverse to defeat the Dominators, it would be against her ethics to do so.

Kryptonian Science is hundreds of years ahead of Earth's so they probably would have found a way to have a virus that Kryptonians are naturally immune to that effects other life forms.

I knew Lena wasn't going to be Evil.  She was Supergirl's friend in the comics, and in her first adventures was mistaken for being Supergirl by accidentally being knocked out with sleep gas while a piece of kryptonite was nearby.

Kryptonian science may be hundreds of years ahead of Earth's, but apparently it is not very hard to reverse-engineer/modify with technology that Kryptonians would regard as ancient and useless (imagine trying to fix a modern computer with the tools and manufacturing capability of the Dark Ages). Dr. Danvers should not have been able to devise an insta-cure for Mon-El when even Kara's birth father said there was no known cure.

While it would be logical for Supergirl to immediately go back to her Earth, have Lena Luthor or the DEO whip up a batch of the virus, and take it back to Flarrowverse to defeat the Dominators, it would be against her ethics to do so.

Exactly. Given her obvious horror at learning her father's role in creating genocidal bioweapons, there was no way she was going down that path.

Daxamites and Kryptonians come from the same genetic stock so Mon El had at least partial immunity

Kryptonian science may be hundreds of years ahead of Earth's, but apparently it is not very hard to reverse-engineer/modify with technology that Kryptonians would regard as ancient and useless (imagine trying to fix a modern computer with the tools and manufacturing capability of the Dark Ages). Dr. Danvers should not have been able to devise an insta-cure for Mon-El when even Kara's birth father said there was no known cure.

not quite the same
1 nobody in the middle ages has a clue about how computers or virology and how the work
   we in the modern age are very familiar w/ both(we also have the tech to see to an extremely small level(pico meter and beyond))
2 while somebody from the middle ages might figure out what a screw is and can after a bit of study fashion a screw driver or a socket wrench to remove parts with
3 Supergirl's earth(39 ?)the DEO has access and an understanding of various alien tech(Alex flying Kara's shuttle pod ,Cadmus handing out alien weapons nilly willy,Schott deciphering alien lore)

Well, you said that Kryptonian Science is hundreds of years ahead of Earth's so they probably would have found a way to have a virus that Kryptonians are naturally immune to that effects other life forms. I feel that the same argument should also apply to the assertion that Earth's centuries-behind science can not simply reverse-engineer an antidote in a matter of hours. There wasn't even time for Dr. Danvers to bone up on centuries of advanced Kryptonian science in the Fortress of Solitude.

no you said Kryptonian science may be hundreds of yrs more advanced
I just pointed out that may not be the case
Fort Roz may have had well stocked infirmary and it landed the same time Kara did(12 yrs ago?)
and Alex's mom is a zeno-biologist
so she has had a bit of experience w/Kryptonian equipment
and she has had contact w/ Superman  so you have at least 2 points of contact w/ Kryptonian science and 2 Kryptonians to study and compare to human biology

Since Daxamite biology is very close to Kryptonian

looking at how Kryptonian biology and looking at what the virus attacks(most likely the nervous system) she might have just use something to boost his immune responce
they had kryptonite so it could have been used to get blood samples from both Kara and Clark in the past

Well, you said that Kryptonian Science is hundreds of years ahead of Earth's so they probably would have found a way to have a virus that Kryptonians are naturally immune to that effects other life forms. I feel that the same argument should also apply to the assertion that Earth's centuries-behind science can not simply reverse-engineer an antidote in a matter of hours. There wasn't even time for Dr. Danvers to bone up on centuries of advanced Kryptonian science in the Fortress of Solitude.

I have to say how impressed I am with how they've handled the Alex Coming Out storyline. Most TV shows treat "turning gay" as a single Very Special Episode moment, cue a little family angst, and then everyone hugs it out and moves on. But with Alex it's been a process, and one that feels much more authentic and closer to what I've watched my LGBTQ friends & family go through. I liked that Kara was supportive but awkward about it* while Mom/Eliza had already figured it out, processed it, and is totally cool with it. And with so many gay characters on TV being defined by their promiscuity, and lesbians in particular often coming across more as fanboy fetish material than anything genuinely representative,** this felt like an actual character having actual character growth. And they've even managed (so far) not to fall into the Maudlin Soap Opera excess that is CW's relationship go-to place. Solid.

* Loving-but-awkward is kindof Kara's baseline anyway.

** I mean I love Caity Lotz, but come on...

Dude, name three TV shows where the incurable disease isn't cured by the end of the episode. Apart from cancer, "incurable" is just TV speak for "it'll take us awhile." I mean I get your point, but that's one of the most common medical TV tropes there is.

Walking Dead - Zombie Virus

The Stand (Mini-Series) - "Captain Trips"

Stargate SG-1 - The Ori Plague (Took a few episodes)

Speaking of Alex, here's some interesting speculation:

http://moviepilot.com/p/supergirl-is-alex-set-to-become-batwoman/4142877#_ga=1.46196583.1563710661.1480619270

Totally just speculation of course, but I can kinda see it.

Well, that would explain why they have a perfect actress (Floriana Lima) for Renee Montoya playing Maggie Sawyer, who was involved with Kate Kane (aka Batwoman a long time). It has annoyed me that they didn't just name her Renee Montoya, they could even have her become the Question, as her character seems known for sticking her nose in and asking a lot of questions. Only reason I can figure is that Renee has been used on Gotham.

Well, that would explain why they have a perfect actress (Floriana Lima) for Renee Montoya playing Maggie Sawyer, who was involved with Kate Kane (aka Batwoman a long time). It has annoyed me that they didn't just name her Renee Montoya, they could even have her become the Question, as her character seems known for sticking her nose in and asking a lot of questions. Only reason I can figure is that Renee has been used on Gotham.

Alex might choose the name Huntress instead of Batwoman, unless we get Superman's "Partner with Gadgets and lots of Demons" to equip her.

I have to say how impressed I am with how they've handled the Alex Coming Out storyline. Most TV shows treat "turning gay" as a single Very Special Episode moment, cue a little family angst, and then everyone hugs it out and moves on. But with Alex it's been a process, and one that feels much more authentic and closer to what I've watched my LGBTQ friends & family go through.

I've been pleased by it too, though I sort of feel it has dragged on for a little too long now. I agree that it shouldn't be something the characters address in one episode and then just move on. But by the same token, I don't feel it needs to be a major plot element for 3+ episodes either. It can fade into the background of Alex's life, at least in terms of what is shown of her life on-screen, while still being a part of her character's development. It's like how we don't need to see Kara training Mon-El episode after episode; we get it, he is being trained, and most of that can happen off-camera in between the margins of each episode's plot. The show has a lot to cover in a small amount of time, and they are throwing an awful lot of screen/screenplay time at this one issue, and it feels a little forced at this point, at least to me.

Speaking of Alex, here's some interesting speculation:

http://moviepilot.com/p/supergirl-is-alex-set-to-become-batwoman/4142877#_ga=1.46196583.1563710661.1480619270

Totally just speculation of course, but I can kinda see it.

I don't think DC will permit a Bat-anything to appear on television (except in animated form).

Walking Dead - Zombie Virus

The Stand (Mini-Series) - "Captain Trips"

Stargate SG-1 - The Ori Plague (Took a few episodes)

OK, points to you. But given that in 2/3 of those choices the incurable disease was the starting point of the whole show, I don't think it undercuts my point much. :)

Alex might choose the name Huntress instead of Batwoman,

Yeah, Huntress could work. Alex feels like a closer fit for Batwoman, but they could make it work either way. Tho I do like the image I have in my head of someone dubbing Alex as Batgirl, and her snarking back "That's Batwoman to you!" with a wink at Kara.

unless we get Superman's "Partner with Gadgets and lots of Demons" to equip her.

Yeah, the fact that they went out of their way to drop that in almost made me wonder if they're setting that up? (Or maybe Berlanti was just floating the idea to see if he could generate some buzz and use that to sell DC on the idea?) I'd have to go back and watch the episode again but I *thought* Kara said her cousin used to work with a guy like that, past tense? So maybe Bats has retired, but maybe Old Man Bruce Wayne shows up in National City to pass on the mantle? OTOH, Alex already has Winn and the entire DEO to gear her up, so she doesn't really need a bunch of 10-year-old batarangs.

Huntress is was already on Arrow. Doubt they would use the same identity on two different concurrent series.

FIFY. They haven't given any hints they want to bring Helena back, and as much as I enjoyed the character I'm not sure she'd fit in well with the current tone of the show. So nothing to stop the writers from handing the mantle off to someone new. And they've already played the "Oh, we have a _____ on our Earth too" card so many times, I don't think it'd be too radical a notion.

I don't think DC will permit a Bat-anything to appear on television (except in animated form).

That was my impression too. But they originally weren't too keen on having Superman appear on the show, so who knows?

Between Gotham and the movies, I don't think it's likely they'll use any Bat-named characters. They've pretty much handed over a huge chunk of the Batman mythos to Arrow. He's the CW version of Batman. It could happen, but I think the chances are pretty low.

While I generally dislike the Willowification of characters just to have a token lesbian on the show, I agree with bigdamnedhero that they've done a decent job of it. The actress has played the part well, and the "late bloomer" aspect has been handled decently.

Of course, we get two attractive, feminine lesbians, to help us digest the added diversity. I'd love for a show to actually have at least one butch lesbian in their token couple. When that happens, I'll believe the goals of diversity are genuine rather than an attempt to boost flagging ratings. (The Walking Dead and some other shows have had at least some more average-looking ladies in their pairings, and seem more genuine about just portraying an average, mixed group of people, rather than going for ratings and/or titillation.)

But they originally weren't too keen on having Superman appear on the show, so who knows?

DC has not shown any ambivalence towards having Superman, in one form or another, on television. Each of the previous two decades has had a (successful) live-action television portrayal of Superman. But there has not been a live-action television portrayal of Batman (or Bat-anyone) since the 1960s version. It is as if DC instituted a permanent corporate ban on the notion.

That's because you don't screw with perfection. :D

Speaking of which, do you have the blu-ray boxed set? It really brings back memories, but it also reveals flaws in make-up, costuming, and set construction that were never evident back in the early days of color television.

I'd love for a show to actually have at least one butch lesbian in their token couple.

Unattractive people on the CW? The deuce you say!

DC has not shown any ambivalence towards having Superman, in one form or another, on television.

I was referring specifically to the Arrowverse. I thought DC/Warner had made comments about keeping the Trinity reserved for the big screen for the time being, but I could be wrong.