Aaron Allston's Strike Force for 6E is Happening!

Susano

I did the conversion of the Metacreator/Hero Creator files to 5e Hero Designer. and to HTML JIC you don't have Hero Designer. Vehicles and Bases could only be converted to HTML. It was a LOT of files.

What? 200? 300? I know it was something like 125 folders worth of stuff.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? 200? 300? I know it was something like 125 folders worth of stuff.

Honestly it's all a fog of opening folders, choosing files, running first one, then another filter on them. Rinse/Repeat.

Then excitement when the Power Supply on my computer went "Pop" with a folder full of un-converted stuff. Yuck. Still worth it though :D

Hope everyone enjoys the files :D

Tasha

We are working on the book right now. We are getting the artwork prepped for the interior, which will be in full color since we hit 40k.

Also being developed is the GMing section, with advice from Aaron and others.

Honestly it's all a fog of opening folders, choosing files, running first one, then another filter on them. Rinse/Repeat.

Then excitement when the Power Supply on my computer went "Pop" with a folder full of un-converted stuff. Yuck. Still worth it though :D

Hope everyone enjoys the files :D

Tasha

I do!

• 3 months later...

Got my PDF today.  At first, I thought that my name had been misspelled on the backer list, but it seems that there was another backer whose name is one letter different than mine.  Also backing at a completely different level, but I didn't remember what level I was.

I hate to be the guy who nitpicks, but...

Page 34, Number of Supers.  (Details redacted to maintain spoilers.)

"Conservative estimates suggest that, in recent years, one person in a million on Strike Force Earth has innate powers that can be considered paranormal or even superhuman. With a world population between X and Y billion ...(REDACTED)..., this yields a figure of X to Y million paranormals."

One billion divided by one million is one thousand.  Either one person in a thousand has powers or the paranormals only number in the thousands.

Page 35 then discusses one paranormal in a thousand being powerful enough to be a hero or a villain, with those then numbering in the thousands, suggesting that the earlier millions is correct.

I hate to be the guy who nitpicks, but...

Page 34, Number of Supers.  (Details redacted to maintain spoilers.)

"Conservative estimates suggest that, in recent years, one person in a million on Strike Force Earth has innate powers that can be considered paranormal or even superhuman. With a world population between X and Y billion ...(REDACTED)..., this yields a figure of X to Y million paranormals."

One billion divided by one million is one thousand.  Either one person in a thousand has powers or the paranormals only number in the thousands.

Page 35 then discusses one paranormal in a thousand being powerful enough to be a hero or a villain, with those then numbering in the thousands, suggesting that the earlier millions is correct.

Those are Aaron's exact words... so as you can tell none of us are strong on math.... 

Anyway, please report all typos and other issues to jason@highrockpress.com

RKA 15d6, Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼)

:shock::jawdrop:

Overlord sure couldn't do that in the original.  That's one heck of an upgrade.  It's not even an armor system.

It's on the character sheet(s(. I have no idea what it is.... and Aaron didn't detail it.

It's on the character sheet(s(. I have no idea what it is.... and Aaron didn't detail it.

Understood.  I just found it odd that there was no mention in his description of what's essentially a single-target tactical nuclear warhead.

EDIT:  I just looked in the Strike Force Archives that I got with the Kickstarter, and I'm seeing a 5d6 RKA that's part of his Multipower, on the 1995 version of Overlord.

SUIT POWER FRAMEWORKS  

107 Multipower (160-pt reserve); OIF: -½  

u-4 Desolidification; Multipower: Fixed Slot; Reduced END: Zero, +½

m-17 15d6 Energy Blast; Range: 655; Versus: ED; Multipower: Variable Slot; Armor Piercing: 1, +½; Reduced END: Half, +¼

u-4 6d6 Flash (Normal Sight); Range: 300; Multipower: Fixed Slot

m-8 25" Flight (NC: 50"); Non-Combat Multiplier: ×2, +0; Non-Combat (MPH): 112; Multipower: Variable Slot; Reduced END: Half, +¼

m-13 5d6 RKA; Range: 470; Multipower: Variable Slot; Reduced END: Half, +¼

m-9 15" Teleportation (Long Range 480"); Increased Range: ×32, +25; Long Range (miles): 0.60; Mass Multiplier: ×4, +10; Fixed Locations: 0; Floating Locations: 0; Multipower: Variable Slot

Understood.  I just found it odd that there was no mention in his description of what's essentially a single-target tactical nuclear warhead.

EDIT:  I just looked in the Strike Force Archives that I got with the Kickstarter, and I'm seeing a 5d6 RKA that's part of his Multipower, on the 1995 version of Overlord.

SUIT POWER FRAMEWORKS  

107 Multipower (160-pt reserve); OIF: -½  

u-4 Desolidification; Multipower: Fixed Slot; Reduced END: Zero, +½

m-17 15d6 Energy Blast; Range: 655; Versus: ED; Multipower: Variable Slot; Armor Piercing: 1, +½; Reduced END: Half, +¼

u-4 6d6 Flash (Normal Sight); Range: 300; Multipower: Fixed Slot

m-8 25" Flight (NC: 50"); Non-Combat Multiplier: ×2, +0; Non-Combat (MPH): 112; Multipower: Variable Slot; Reduced END: Half, +¼

m-13 5d6 RKA; Range: 470; Multipower: Variable Slot; Reduced END: Half, +¼

m-9 15" Teleportation (Long Range 480"); Increased Range: ×32, +25; Long Range (miles): 0.60; Mass Multiplier: ×4, +10; Fixed Locations: 0; Floating Locations: 0; Multipower: Variable Slot

This is what was published in 1988. My character sheet goes off of a 5E Hero Creator/Designer file that was also in the archives.