Aaron Allston's Strike Force for 6E is Happening!

Susano

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, Susano. Did Mr. Allston mix things from different editions in his campaign towards the end or did he primarily stick to just edition 4th, 5th or 6th? I imagine with a campaign that ran so long, there could be one or two edition changes that happened.

It seems that he updated things as the versions updated. So the character sheets you will see in the book are taken from the 5E character sheets I found in his files.

It seems that he updated things as the versions updated. So the character sheets you will see in the book are taken from the 5E character sheets I found in his files.

Are character sheets from previous editions included in the archive? It would be nifty to see the first few characters he built in 1e when he was preparing for his review of Champions for Space Gamer.

Are character sheets from previous editions included in the archive? It would be nifty to see the first few characters he built in 1e when he was preparing for his review of Champions for Space Gamer.

As far as I can tell, no. Everything that's in there is HERO 5E. 

Wait, no. There's Rogue's Gallery articles, so those could be...  (hmm...) 4E+.

Awwww...that's too bad...but not surprising after all these years.  Thank you for checking, though!

If you don't own the original Strike Force, you can get it for $10.00 as part of the Kickstarter. It has some 3E character sheets, which is about as close as you're going to get to 1E material.

If you don't own the original Strike Force, you can get it for $10.00 as part of the Kickstarter. It has some 3E character sheets, which is about as close as you're going to get to 1E material.

Thanks, I hope everyone does just that!  In my case, I do own the original, but I did get into the Kickstarter at the $100 level, so I should be getting all that, right?

Thanks, I hope everyone does just that!  In my case, I do own the original, but I did get into the Kickstarter at the $100 level, so I should be getting all that, right?

Yes.

You will also receive *all* of the Add-On's, an electronic copy of any stretch goals we unlock, and a physical copy of the Strike Force Anthology if it is unlocked. 

Wow, this is such a big deal it brought Fry Daddy out of the woodwork! :D

Yes it did. Strike Force was so influential to me and the GMs who I've taught that I had to come out of the shadows of Lurker Land and post something. The light is really bright in here...back to the shadows for me. :)

Perhaps the anthology could be a separate KickStarter campaign should the current one fail to unlock it, yes?

High Rock Press (Jason) posted in the campaign comments:

We may very well still do those supplements even if we don't reach them as stretch goals. I would very much like to: M.E.T.E and The Circle were two of my favorite RPG supplements when I was a kid! Put I can't promise this for certain.