A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Worldmaker

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

There is a subtle satisfaction in having a man to whom you were once a beginning student and from whom you learned the greater majority of your esoteric food knowledge introduce you two years later to one of his new students as "My colleague, Chef Jack Butler".

One of my favorite people at work is going away. She's gonna be missed.

But the going-away BBQ was cool! Brats and chicken, bbq baked beans, slaw, tater salad, rolls, chips, dip, corn on the cob...and dessert! Cherry pie ("I like pie!"), tiramisu, and some truffle-thing which was pretty darn good.

Yeah, she'll be missed, but right now I need a nap.

I get really annoyed when people propose "ways to fix the economy/energy crisis/what have you" that seem to say that if you don't make $50k per year, you should, of course, live in a tiny apartment and ride a bicycle or bus everywhere you go.

Bleah!

Guest Skaramine

I am so sore from cleaning a corner of my room for the cable guy monday.

But... it's worth it for Doctor Who on a PBS station. :D

*grr*

Almost an hour spent searching the Internet, and I can't find what I'm looking for. Damn it...

Anyone on here know where I can find a good-sized 2-3 or 3-d graphic representation of the Greek letter Omega (uppercase, not lowercase)? I need it for an art reference. Color doesn't matter.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Someone told me at work today that I thought I was smarter than everyone. I wasn't offended. I actually wasn't even upset. I worry about people at the workplace with grudges, but I'm not worried about this particular person in question.

But after thinking about it, I do see how one can mistake an aura of confidence as an aura of arrogance. I don't think of myself as smarter than everyone. I know I am smarter than some, but I also know that there is much others can teach me that I don't know.