A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I am starting to feel, well, not like Hermit, who straddles the fence, but rather more like someone who is on a teeter totter that straddles the fence. Though I try to stay balanced, I keep getting thrown to one side or the other. A lot of the time there is a wind blowing from the Left that pushes me, but it sometimes dies down.

I'm actually closing in on 100 posts.... I'm not really a net/chat board enthusiast, but I _am_ extremely competitive, so this pleases me. I also want more rep, but it looks to me, cynic that I am, like rep goes to them as has it.

-----------------Anti-Liberal criticism follows-----------------------

I was born English, and lived the first 4 years of my life there. I conceived a vast loyalty and attachment to my own Romanticized notion of England, composed of (amongst other things) King Arthur, Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes, the English language, heroism and victory in WWII and football.

In 1992, after _many_ years of residency, I became a naturalized U.S. citizen...and I have never felt the need to condemn my adopted country for all the evils, real and imagined, of the entire world. That's something many natural-born Liberal U.S. citizens canNOT refrain from doing, whether from naïvety, transference of personal guilt, desire to be fashionable or simple ignorance.

I find that Liberal ingratitude and disloyalty digusting! If the Liberals believe that other nations are morally superior to the U.S., that the people of other nations are leading less restricted, freer and more ideal lives than the people of the U.S., then let the Liberals _immigrate_ to those other nations. I'll watch the airports for the vast exodus of Liberals heading for Iraq, Iran, France, Germany, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Korea -- but I think I'll be waiting a looong time for any signs of the American Liberals putting their money where their (big) mouths are.

Hypocrisy, thy name is 21st Century Libralism.

Guest Worldmaker

"The Senator from Wisconsin cannot frighten me by exclaiming, “My country, right or wrong.†In one sense I say so too. My country; and my country is the great American Republic. My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." — Carl Schurz, to Joseph McCarthy

My name is Jack Butler. I'm a liberal, and a natural-born citizen of the United States.

I do not believe my country is morally inferior to any other nation. I do not believe that people of other nations are leading less restricted, freer and more ideal lives than the people of this nation. I do not, in fact, believe much of the utter nonsense that I've seen conservatives state that liberals believe when they want to cast aspersions at liberals.

One thing I do believe is that one of the basic, fundamental ideals that makes us American in the greatest sense of the word is the fact that we are free to criticize the way our government and our culture operates. I think that this ideal, the freedom to speak our mind and the freedom to criticize our government, is indeed one of the reasons we threw the British out back in the 1770s.

And personally, I find the idea that such criticism is somehow "traitorous" is far, far less "American" than any criticism. Calling criticism of the government and of the country "Anti-American" is itself one of the most anti-American acts I can think of.

When I, as an individual, criticize our government for what they are doing, I keep the quote at the top of this post in mind. And when a conservative dares to question my patriotism because I don't like what the government is doing or the direction the country is going, I generally invite them to leave. If they want to live in a bannana-republic dictatorship where "thought-crime" is a reality, they should move to one.

Me? I prefer the United States, where criticism of the government isn't just a right, its a patriotic duty.

I'm sure I'm going to regret this, but...

I, Jonathan Bodey, a natural-born citizen of the United States, just wresteld with my 8 month old daughter to put antibiotics in her eyes. She's probably going to need surgery to clear the tear ducts. They say it's routine, but that doesn't matter when you're her Dad. The only thing I care about is her safety over this one trivial little thing. There are millions like me, caring about their little lives and wondering what all the raging noise is about.

My point is this: I don't give a rat's ass if you are "Lib'rul" or "Neocon". The truth of the matter is that lately you've all* been unreasonable ideological fcuktards from the party leaders right down to rank and file. You all have forgotten basic decency and the 'don't be an asshole' rule and occasionally just how to shut the hell up. There doesn't seem to be a place we can go without you folks raising a din where a murmur would do.

This is the Hero Games forums. Posting anything other than rules questions is a priviege, not a right. You may have Freedom of Speech at all times, but this company doesn't have to let you be heard here, but they do, and you guys all sure do a bang-up job of respecting that every single da---cough---Sorry, had a little sarcasm in my throat.

You want to be a bunch of assholes, go to Dailykos and Free Republic and spew there. Otherwise, do all the rest of us here a favor and close your sphincters for a while. The world won't fall apart if you do, and it'll sure smell better.

And that would be my 'random' musing. Hey, is that pie?

* Ok, "you've all" is a little strong. In retrospect I should have said something like "a sizeable number of you have" or "too god damn many of you have been". Mea maxima culpa.

Guest Worldmaker

The local rock group down the street

Is trying hard to learn their song

Seranade the weekend squire,

Who just came out to mow his lawn

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

Charcoal burning everywhere

Rows of houses that are all the same

And no one seems to care

See Mrs. Gray she's proud today

Because her roses are in bloom

Mr. Green he's so serene,

He's got a t.v. in every room

Here in status symbol land

Mothers complain about how hard life is

And the kids just don't understand

Creature comfort goals

They only numb my soul and make it hard for me to see

My thoughts all seem to stray, to places far away

I need a change of scenery

Ta Ta Ta...

Charcoal burning everywhere

Here in status symbol land

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...

Guest Worldmaker

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kristopher again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AliceTheOwl again.

Well, night 2 of my new life as a single man.

I stopped wearing my wedding ring last night after I found out that Jenny hadn't been wearing hers since february.

I hadn't noticed for two months. Perhaps there is more to what she said about my inability to notice her. Perhaps not. We've had dinner together both nights I have been on my own, and I just paid her gas bill online (she gave me a check). It's weird; I know that things are going to be bad. That I will miss her. I hope she's okay, I really worry about her. Part of me hopes that she and I learn independance from this whole mess and maybe we can try again. Part of me wants her to suffer a bit, just so she knows that I contributed more to the marriage than games and sex toys.

I dunno. Her parents helped me move my stuff. There's one more load tomorrow and I gave her my keys to the house. I miss my dog. I miss my big house. On the plus side I can look at all the racy pictures I want to now. yay!

the worst part is we both feel like we failed the other. Neither of us have any idea how to be "single" and I'm not sure we even know where to look for others.

Oh well. I treasure the time I had. It was the best 15 years (and worse four months) of my life. Now it's time to start anew.

Hi, I am Chad. How you doin'?

Guest Skaramine

Finally, I've made a nice, to-scale Colt Detective Special - the seminal private-eye/TV cop gun of the 50's and 60's, and has even shown up in the hands of Billy Batson in the Adventures of Captain Marvel serial (I was surprised at that).

It's a sweet scale model, back from when Colt made some frickin' excellent guns.

I also updated my Finger-groove Glock 19 so it's proper grip thickness.

Good gunsmithing night, all day long if you count me fixing the trigger guard proportions on my Ruger P97 earlier.

Pics to come.

I've quit the flirtation thread and cut down my catsuit thread visitations considerably. I don't expect anyone to notice, but I'm not doing it for them; I'm doing it for me.

In case anyone asks or wonders or whatever. I have my reasons, and I'm not sharing.

Unless you ask really nicely. And send me chocolate. Untainted dark chocolate.

Then I'll consider it.

Israeli's can't make a number of condiments to save their lives. Catsup? Too much sugar. Mustard? Yellow gelatinous bitter mass. Mayonaisse? Consistency and flavor of weak salad dressing. Best Foods, however, produces an Israeli brand name of its mayonaisse: Hellman's. It simply has to be Hellman's. As for Catsup? Heinz. Mustard? Grey Puopon. Its costs a little more, but c'mon, its worth every shekel.

Go Ben Go!

A week's cooling off period for the NGD!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

Lock it down!

/this is not a joke. I'm dead serious. Word.

I had no idea that Hero threads show up in a Yahoo search...

Every now and again I do a search on Yahoo to make sure that no one is posting my book without permission, and to my surprise, both zazaza.net (my unofficial author page) and the Hero threads of my story are both in the listings!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Best Easter Egg Ever:

In Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater there is this boss called "The End". He is called the father of Snipers and is nearly dead due to old age. His big thing in his boss battle is that he is ready to die but wants one last fight before he goes. There is a secret trick to defeat him though as I have just learned.

Defeat The End easily

When you enter the fighting area for the first time, save your game and quit. Go into the clock settings of your PS2 hardware and set the clock forward a couple of years. Load up the game and you will find that The End has died from old age!!

If anyone ever bemoans their lot and says they can't see a way out of it, point out to them Ray Charles and what he went through to become a success.

A new TV seriel is on tracing the development of Soul music. And that is why I mention this.

So while I was away a week ago I went to a reunion of my old school. Only one other person from my year turned up. Ho Hum. Though we did meet the music teacher who taught us both when we were there and he remembered us which was nice.

After I had planned my visit to the old school and all the travel details it entailed, my godfather died and so I was able to go to the funeral instead of making a special trip. He was 71 but closer to my mum than his own family.

A vein in his stomach went and there was nothing the hospital could do after the other ops and problems he had undergone previously like heart by pass, stroke, hip replacements. He was on crutches all his life so his upper body strength was immense.

Still sorting things on my end of life. Taking a little time to pop in while hearing back from the Title Company. Apparently Ford had a judgement against a Jennifer that queered up the house closing on Friday. Not one of ours, so the title company is clearing it out. I just took advantage of the free credit report and checked through stuff. A couple odd bits of personal info that needs to be corrected. but nothing seriously wrong.

The studio is taking shape, though we have to exchange some stuff with the storage unit. There's some stuff in there that won't take the summer heat, some stuff we need in the studio, and stuff we don't need.

And now for the exciting news: I'll be starting my trial period in Cats at bestfriends on Wednsday. My resume' is suspected to be sitting in the IT managers inbox, but it's been hectic there. And there is immediate need in Cats, plus a bit of excercise will be good. Plus surrounded by cats which is a good thing. Got to visit with them Saturday. A lot of great ones to meet. I might go up there again today since I didn't get pictures of a few.

One of the cutest ones is Scooter. Born with no back legs, this black cat has the biggest fangs I'd seen on a cat. Part sabertooth I think. Very sweet.

Georgia is another one. Sassy tuxedo. Keeps trying to escape by riding out on tour members shoulders.

Think I'll be ordering internet tomorrow depending if I can hunt down the apt manager and get him to sign an agreement. Not sure how long that will take to get "hooked up". Wireless,but I don't think I have a card for recieving. It will get sorted and based on some other posts, maybe it's good to miss some of the new threads.