A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I remember sitting in an excellent restaraunt having one of the finest examples of five star gourmet cooking it has ever been my pleasure to enjoy. the lights were low, my companion was striking. Out of my league in looks, but still, somehow, interested in being there. Raven hair, alabaster skin, clear blue eyes, rosy full lips. She wore a blue silk dress and simple gold jewelry. I wore a tailored suit without a tie and polished shoes. The conversation was brisk and thought provoking, and she had the alluring trick of inflected murmurs and intimate looks. The music was soft, quartet pieces and opera, and the light was soft, indirect, and low. There was a building chemistry. We had established a tempo. I remember the meal. God, it was perfect.

A solid bottle of prosecco with the antipasta: olives in fennel and olive oil served with wedges of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and steaming fresh bread. Then two bottles of light chilled white wine with the primo and secundo: the first being soup, a light pasta salad, and polenta; the second being grilled fish on a bed of rice with roasted nuts and herbs with a side or potatoes roasted with garlic and herbs, and another side of peas cooked with onions and bacon. It was a fantastic meal, and here was this beautiful and attentive woman to enjoy it with.

We were having the dolce, in this case strong italian coffee with biscotti and a rich custard, when the woman at the next table erupted in a giggle and confided with all of the neighboring tables that "...there is nothing like a good brisk fucking!" followed by a few other intimate details no one else in eashot had asked to know. It put an odd hiccup in our tempo. It was an awkward thing that didn't belong. It was off for the venue, lacked decorum. It took a play and a bottle of desert wine and a small cake in another restaraunt to rebuild the rapport we'd spent the evening building.

Whether or not we went to bed, and what we might have done there, is no one's business but our own. Common decorum requires some things be kept private. A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell; and a lady retains her mystique. On the internet there are forums dedicated to all manner topics. The trick, is being able to guage the light and the music, and the mood of the people at the next table, before errupting in displays of psychological nudity.

Quick note from Lemming and didn't want to reset the lemming access times.

We took of from Portland at Sunday 1:30 pm. I had wanted to take off early Sunday, but it just didn't work out. Thankfully we had good friends helping out to get us out of town.

Arrived in Kanab Late Monday night around 11:30pm PST.

The drive took 24 hours of road time. Estimate was 16. About $600 worth

of gas was spent as well.

Tuesday was arranging the spacious accomedations at our studio 18'x18'

(with hot plate, minifridge, and microwave) and a storage

unit,8'wx20'lx8'h.

We'll be shuttling a few things between them as we figure stuff out.

The shower is great though. Blasts dirt right off.

The packing was done extremely well. So far, only two broken items (a

glass & a corning ware pan), but all the big stuff that was put in came

out great. Lamrok & Chromatic from here helped a lot with that.

Internet access needs to wait until we get a couple more checks in. Looks

like wireless will work well enough. $40/month with a 2GB/week limit.

They just cut your speed to 64k until sunday if you exceed.

Access currently via the library. Will probably order service next week

some time.

Jenn started work today. I got to go on her first official tour at Best Friends. Very cool and some

of the best views I'd ever seen. Oh, and one of the parts of the tour is the

spot that was always "Head them off at the pass!" in westerns. A lot of films were done in Kanab. I'll be doing pictures, etc... once we're more settled.

Later everyone, I'll be on rarely for some time.

Guest Skaramine

Anyone know if they make a nice thirty to forty foot data cable so my DSL modem can be hooked up to a proper box?

Yup. Bought the modem, signed up for SBC Yahoo. Pretty soon, pipeline bursts will be an unfond memory.

The other day, I complained to a co-worker that my job offered absolutely no mental stimulation, and so my brain was atrophying. So she and I were brainstorming ways I could MAKE me job mentally stimulating.

At one point, a male co-worker walked by, and paused when he heard my co-worker say, "So you have to stimulate yourself."

"Uh . . . What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Stimulation," she replied, without blinking.

I, too, looked at him, and with an entirely straight face, nodded and said, "Self-stimulation."

He just looked frightened and walked away quickly.

:rofl:

I'm thinking the Catsuit thread aka 2536 is the longest continuing non-game thread on these boards. That itself deserves applause. I'm hoping that for whatever reason it doesn't get hit with the Fire Extinguisher.

Thread 2536 has survived so much of NGD Lore* deserves to continue in-perpetuity. Thread 2536 the 'elder-catsuit' of the NGD. Babes rule!

* Think about all the history, real world and NGD related (in-jokes too) that T2536 has lived through.

I conducted a bit of an experiment Thursday night - went out for dinner and got pot roast (which was excellent), but it had a bourbon reduction sauce (and I happen to be allergic to malt). Having eaten stuff like beer-battered onion rings without TOO much difficulty, I thought, "What the hell, I should be okay..." and ate most of it.

BIG mistake.

Ended up being violently ill all night, all of the following day (missed work, and so did John, in case I had to go to the hospital, which I very nearly did), and a good part of last night.

NEVER again.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko