A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest kawaii gin neko

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

if you mix gasoline and various other alcohols, you can make a really big, pretty explosion. ^^

also, who knew mini-pins were scared of fire? *shrugs*

Guest kawaii gin neko

why is it, we buy a dozen doughnuts, and yet, when i wake up to EAT those doughnuts, they've mysteriously disappeared...

O.o oh noes! there's an evil doughnut troll in our house!!!

Guest kawaii gin neko

((angel and neko watching the news))

angel: see! they have some pretty hot women in iraq.

neko: yeah, but...it looks like they only have one color of lipstick.

angel: *laughing* well, honey, its not like they have access to a lot of different colors. its like the 80s there, there's only one color: fire engine red.

^^

http://normblog.typepad.com/normblog/2005/10/two_sides_in_ir.html

"For progressives to rejoin the serious discussion about this big war, they must return to their paleo-liberal roots. There was a time when the left chose to defend democrats abroad out of the conviction that the freedoms they enjoyed applied universally. Today the prevailing wisdom is that these fights are worth fighting only if approved by the United Nations Security Council. It's time to abandon this multilateral fetish and return to the robust vision of the international volunteers who defended the Spanish Republic against General Franco. Imagine what George Orwell would say if someone questioned his Homage to Catalonia because the League of Nations in 1937 issued a ban on volunteer partisans."

From the Q&A thread, What is your favorite sandwich? I have probably been giving this much more thought than it deserves, but the other day an answer came to me out of the blue. Two sandwiches are guilty pleasures and top my favorite list: The Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from Denny's is very tasty, but the favorite is probably the Patty Melt from Waffle House. Mmm...

(We really need a "Yummy" smiley.)

Guest kawaii gin neko

and yea, the truth shall set you free.

and why is it, when you think you're doing the right thing, it all goes to crap anyway. >.<

Every so often I sit down and watch a movie that I haven't seen yet, but that apparently everyone else has, and everyone raved about it. It was a hit at the box office, it was a hit with the critics, it may even have won awards (be it an Oscar or some horse-hockey "fan favorite" type award), and so on ad nauseum.

Well, I didn't like the movie and I can't help but wonder if that's just a matter of taste or, in my overwhelming arrogance, if everyone else was just fooled into thinking they were supposed to like it. It's the same with music, or television shows, or just about anything. Yeah, it's mostly about personal tastes, but what about those times when everyone but me likes something?

I mean, sometimes I know I'm the exception, but once in a while I feel like shouting, "WAKE UP!" to everyone I see.

My office is 2.5 doors down from one of the kitchenettes on the floor. This means I catch a lot of noise, so I keep my door closed and my disk player handy with "noisy" disks in the wallet.

Today, though, I feel like Speaker-to-Animals. Somebody microwaved something ... perhaps microwaved it too much ... and the smell of burned garbage cannot be escaped. Yech. :idjit:

I cannot write a grant. I have no talent for it. It feels a bit like a job interview. I know what I want and they do too, but we have to perform this silly little ritual that requires certain verbiage and actually precludes any real communication.

I hate this.

Guest kawaii gin neko

why do we always run out of spoons first?

and why do we never think to buy MORE spoons to they don't run out so fast???

One thousand excellent $1000 large pianos =

One Grand Grand Grand Grand Pianos.

Very cool. :thumbup:

Beat that. (No, really, please do, that'd be cool!)

Well, since you asked... :)

Where Bobby had had "had," there Jane had had "had had." The teacher approved "had had."

or

Jane, where Bobby had had "had had," had had "had;" "had had" had the teacher's approval.