A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

The first 13 episodes of Samurai Jack are out on DVD. Picked them up last night at Target. Haven't had time to watch them (though I have seen them all already). I did put in the DVD to watch the Aku's Fairy Tales episode. Also picked up the Season 4, collection 4 of Farscape. Only one more set (released July 13) and I'll have all the episodes of Farscape. A little sad that it will be the end, but at least the miniseries is coming out this winter.

This by way of oddity, luck of the game, call it what you will.

I have been in the same division for the last 10 and a half years. Mainly men but a few women. But it wasn't until the last few years that we had one who was drop dead gorgeous. This was the boss's secretary and she's now gone on promotion. She was married and had children before joining the division.

Now in the last couple of years we have had younger women join. They were alright but nothing to set a Tribble's heart a fluttering. In the last couple of weeks we have had another woman join. She is gorgeous. Married. With children. And sits beside me. The woman beside her is single, younger and blonde but like I said not appealing to me.

Granted Rachel and Kara may have a bias on the good looking married with kids front but why would this happen to me again so soon after the last one left ?

Here's the extra rub. The secretary was West Indian and the new woman is Asian.

There are attractive Caucasian women around just not in my division (IMNSHO).

Guest Worldmaker

I was watching Eddie Izzard's Dressed to Kill concert last night and laughed so hard I gave myself a cramp just under my jaw. I've never had anything like that happen to me before.

Guest Worldmaker

I may have to go shoot myself out of shame. I received bad rep from Seenar. The horror of it all....

Actually I suppose the surprising thing is that Seenar hasn't been bombing me with bad rep all along, considering how he feels about me.

It's a massive pleasure to listen to a new Mission of Burma album. And to hear them doing new songs in concert. In fact in last night's show they mentioned a new not-yet-recorded song and played it, which means they're writing even more. The Inexplicable ride continues, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

:)

Feel good moment from last week.

When life is really bleak, remind yourself. People escaped from Auschwitz-Birkenau and lived to tell the tale. I am not talking about people who were rescued upon the camp's liberation by the Russians. I am talking about people who escaped like in Colditz or in the film The Great Escape. The Germans also fell for the same trick twice. Dress up as German and take prisoner out of main gate. The first couple who did this were recaptured and shot but got as far as Krakow. The second survived the war.

Two others hid inside a wood pile outside the camp with tobacco soaked in petrol to hide from dogs and after three days made their escape as the Germans gave them up as escaped. They lived as well.

I never knew that people had done this but was overjoyed that someone had and succeeded.

Guest Skaramine

I went to a bank and a high school to apply for a couple jobs today.

My God, I couldn't sleep at all last night out of fear of how I'd be this morning, but come 7 in the morning, I was up and in an actual shirt and tie and looking my best.

I came home, tired from having only gotten four hours of choppy sleep last night... but I tried to take a nap and still couldn't.

I feel excited to be alive again.

Really Random thought of the day, a Bollywood Superhero film.

I'm picturing the scene with all these Indian (Asian) dancers moving and singing with this cloaked figure in the centre with his back to us.

Suddenly he spins around, It's Dr Destroyer ! He sings and joins in the dance routine. Maybe I need to get out more.

Sometimes a good rant is very cleansing.

Though perhaps I should stay on the fence and off the soap box. Very hard to remember to put in qualifiers, stipulations, and compromises when one is on a rant. Even a good rant sometimes lacks dimensions.

Still feels good though.

;)

(Until flames start, that is...)

Had my first impulse buy ice cream of the Summer yesterday.

Delicious

Have had ice cream in tubs prior to this but not a single cone.

Talking of Ice Cream and to start an ice cream war, Haagan Daas are better than Ben and Jerry's. Why ? Because Haagan Daas have better flavours like Banoffee, Lemon Cheesecake and Raspberry Gelato. B+J don't have that and I have had their ice cream.