FOXNEWS BRIT HUME 1.1

CNN AARON BROWN 1.O

CNN PAULA ZAHN .7

MSNBC SCARBOROUGH .3

MSNBC HARDBALL .3

MSNBC OLBERMANN .3

CNBC DENNIS MILLER .2

MSNBC NORVILLE .2

If the country is evenly divided politically, and Fox News is biased hard-right, then wouldn't the ratings be more evenly distributed? I think somebody's not telling the whole truth. Either the United States of America is much more conservative than reported, or Fox News is a lot less biased than people like to claim.

Could it just be as simple as Fox News puts out a better product?

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw have been talking that there's far too much Reagan coverage in the news. That may be, but I found this particular quote interesting:

"There is other news, like the reality of Iraq," said the "CBS Evening News" anchor. "It got very short shrift this weekend."

Is that irony? I mean, is there a story that's been more overdone than the "reality of Iraq"? Given the media's reluctance to report about any of the positive developments in Iraq, is it really the "reality" of Iraq Dan wants to return to? Or does he desire a return to the constant negative drumbeat? And why would he want that?

Last night I dreamt I was sitting on the toilet in our bedroom's bath. Its a small room, just enough room for the tub, the toilet, and space for the door to open. Anyways, I'm just sitting there, naked. The Heat lamp is on and the bathroom feels like a sauna because the tub is filled with piping hot water. There is a fresh roll of generic white toilet paper on the edge of the bathtub. Everything seems very bright and very vivid. And then I palm the roll of toilet paper and submerge it into the bathwater. I find it weird and a touch disturbing. Essentially meaningless, but for some reason it still bothers me.

Guest Worldmaker

I do not think I am mean-spirited or insensitive when the death of a man I never knew personally, who I did not especially admire, and who had very little positive emotional impact on my life fails to make me break down in tears over his passing.

Neither do I consider myself mean-spirited or insensitive when the circus-like public spectacle of the man's funeral makes me roll my eyes and wish the family had stood for what was right and demanded a private funeral.

I watch Fox News for two reasons:

1) Because AFN (Armed Forces Network) puts it on in SPADES!!! I get like 75% of Fox news spinkled in with Headline news blocks of 30 minutes, Larry King (retire already!!) and Sixty Minutes/Dateline (Why God? Why?)

2) To understand what evil lurks in the hearts of men. I mean the GOP.

Hawksmoor

The week started of well enough, but now, (just over) half-way through the following has happened. My computer has somehow contracted a virus or some other mal-ware. My car battery is on its last legs. Normally neither of these problems would cause me much issue except for the time and/or money it takes to fix, but one problem. My night class started and our game is on Tuesday. So from Monday morning when I went to work, to today I have had less then an hour of concious free time. Guess today is the day I get to run errands to keep my car running and fix my computer.

One last D-Day related musing.

During the outside broadcast we had a fly past by old planes of the era specifically a Dakota, a Lancaster bomber and two Spitfires.

Now the Spitfires hung around for a while circling the beach and flying out over the water. And they were wonderfully graceful and if you can say a plane is beautiful, then the Spitfire is it.

Which brings me to one point. I think the P51 Mustang is an ugly plane. I don't know why but aesthetically I don't like it. The Focke Wulf 190, the Zero, the Messerchmitt 109, these are all alright. But the Mustang is not.

It could be the canopy, the wing structure or the exhaust under the wings or the whole combination. Whatever it is it's ugly.

Now I like the B17 Flying Fortress, the B29 Superfortress, the Dakota, the Mitchell, Liberator, the Havoc, Black Widow, Lightning and the Thunderbolt.

I just loathe the Mustang.

I dreamt I was in an airport last night. I knew it was an airport - despite the fact that id didn't look like one and I didn't see any plane - the way you know things in dreams. The main building was tall, maybe seven stories, and looked like an unholy cross between Functionalist architecture and Victorian interior decor. It had large, blockish concrete stairs leading to a mezzanine, dark red carpet floor covering everywhere, and several slow elevators. The walls were thick and wood-paneled. There was cheap, peeling furniture in the most unlikely places. I was running up and down the various floors, frantically searching for my passport. It was years since the last time I could remember a dream so clearly. It was unusually life-like.