World Creation SuperDraft

And Vance, God of Magic, Master of Dreams, Bringer of Change, and Lord of Luck looked about the nations forming... should he carve out one of his own? No. It wasn't needed. The City showed promise, and he liked much about it... but no, he needed a place that served his own purpose.

A place to shake the complacent out of their ease, to push the apathetic and dull. And so he created....

an inn/tavern and Fest hall where those who sat down for a drink, or to seek shelter on a storm, might find themselves the very next day transformed to one degree or another, and off on an adventure!  The building would change location now and then, often appearing where things overly orderly, overly traditional only to lure folks in who did not know it's true nature, and then begin their new lives of risk and possibly great reward.

A shy middle aged widow might find herself waking in the morning as a youthful amazon warrioress. A racist human merchant might find himself in the role of the very 'shifty  hobbit thief' he expected each to be. A farmer who never thought about going a day outside his home village might find himself a thousand miles from home the next morning but with a few spells in his head to give him a chance!

Secret Dreams answered (Even if some of those dreams be nightmares), Luck to be tested, and a change in life! All under the workings of a magical inn and tavern known as....

Geography Pick: The Twilight Tavern and Inn

wfrp-witchs-song-inn.png

"And if the God of Peace offers you a snack, you will..." 
"Decline politely..." The female voice with nary a twitch of amusement.

"And if the goddess of Lust invites you to a party.... you will..."
"Decline politely." Was that an eye roll, surely not, "otherwise it could lead to dancing."
"And if the God of Wisdom starts talking to you for too long you will?"
"Make excuses and go before he starts to make way too much sense and I end up doing too many boring practical things."
"Good girl."
"Father, I'm not a girl anymore. I sprang from your head fully grown, remember?"
"Oh, about that... do not mention that to the goddess of War... for some reason she might consider it stepping on her terrain."
"She's the goddess of Migraine Genesis too?"
"It's complicated."
"Father, was I really born that way? Because if some woman, be she mortal or goddess is my real mother I don't mind. It might be nice to have a mother."
"Nope, all from up here. You don't want a mother, trust me. Nagging creatures, always hovering about. Real control freak types. Now... what about the other gods?"
A sigh, "I am not supposed to let the god  of crafts show me his etchings, nor the God of Winter show me his runes. I'm to focus on my tasks."
"Which is?"
"Helping you make sure Magic is respected, both by those who would challenge it, and those who would abuse it...really father, about that, some of these rules are quite arbitrary."
"how so?"
"Don't like it...zap it. Do like it, leave it be?"
"Sounds right to me.... no seriously, check the invisible magical writing on back side."
"Oh! okay, that does make more sense... ooo, okay. yes I can see why you'd want to nix that... and...what's this about dividing the Universe's true name by zero?"
"Anyone trying that has to get both my and the god of math's approval."
"Why would anyone..."
"I don't know, but I try to plan ahead."
"Okay, fine, i think I have it now. Don't worry father, I shall be your right hand of destruction and wonder combined,,.. while you focus on your fancies and dreams and so on I shall test many on your behalf."
"Excellent. Be well, my daughter. Go forth in my name. For you are my daughter, the Guardian of Magic's might and honor! You are.... Arcania!"
"Is it too late to change my name?"
"yes."
Sigh "Okay."

Mythic Guardian Pick: Demi Godess Arcania who crushes those that would threaten magic itself or attempt to usurp it and has been told she can't date until she's at least 3000.

post-59-0-97045100-1497672338_thumb.jpg

Flora: Honewood Trees- Honewood appears to be almost like Rowan trees, but with a special gift for amplifying magic. There is much debate on how they do this, and in what ways it is optimal. There seems to be a threshhold on what even a forest of honewood trees can do, but still, many who deal in magic will find it useful to turn into staves or wands. It only grows in forests on the surface, meaning it must be imported into the various sky locations where it sets a dear price. The magic enhancing properties, once the tree dies, lasts for a decade maybe two. Though it is rumored that some master cratftsmen can stretched out for a full half century, but you'd have to ask the god of crafts about that. The leaves of Honewood do not enhance magic when ingested, but oddly have been known to lower inhibitions in the magically talented. Perhaps a nod to the Trickster, or merely a way to keep magic practitioners from getting too smug.

10th pick -- Geography: The Foundations

At long last, the new world took shape. Continents, chasms, mountains, and all manner of beautiful geography adorned its surface. Pr'Jah, the Master of Earth, was pleased. But he knew that in time, the world would grow stale. The plentiful forms of life that inhabited the world would eventually discover all there was to know of it, and would be damned to eternal complacency if there were no changes. So, as his final gift to the world, he created The Foundations, the mechanism by which the world itself would evolve and change.

What do The Foundations involve, exactly? Plate tectonics? A giant world machine powered by tidal forces from the world's three suns? Turtles all the way down? The Foundations encompass all of these things and much more, in a great and complex system that will guarantee change and growth for all the world for millennia to come.

Note: The Foundations includes a vast, worldwide network of caverns that reach to all places on the surface of the planet--even the 'Gluteal Cleft of the World'.

Bazza: Bazz'or The Unknown God of Heroism -- Hero Cult (Name: Justice Community of Arcadia)

Geography: Arcadia, a rural area ( eclogues / idylls ) on an existing smallish continental floating island (eg like Themyscira)

Sentient Life: Demi-Titans (10 foot humans with the same power as normal giant Titans)

Picture of 25 foot Titan: http://www.lomion.de/cmm/img/titan.gif

Gift(s) to Civilization: super powers (psionics, hero magic, immortality / demigod status). Demi-Titans are naturally imbued with super powers.

Flora or Fauna: Pegasus (winged horses) of appropriate size.

Interference: Biggest deposit of Naquadah is found in Arcadia (90% of world's supply). (Think Vibranium & Wakanda)

Mythic Monster or Guardian: Superhero Supreme (like Sorcerer Supreme, Black Panther, The Phantom) a title/mantle handed down as a linage/legacy.

Secondary Domain: Truth, Justice & the Arcadian Way

Secondary Domain/Option: Super powers (refer to Gifts of Civilisation)

Secondary Domain: Hero magic (type of magic)

Description

Bazz'or the Unknown God is a God-like being primarily represented as the philosophical ideal of Heroism. Bazz'or is also the god of Superheroes, Truth, Justice, The Arcadian Way, Super powers, and Hero Magic. As an Unknown God, he is not actively worshiped like other gods. He prefers to remain in the background. Instead of being actively worshiped, he created a philosophical ideal of heroism, truth and justice for demigods and other mortal races to strive for.

The strongest representation of Heroism is the Hero Cult of Demi-Titans on the floating island of Arcadia. As an Unknown God, the Demi-Titan's are mostly unaware of Bazz'or and live by his Code of Heroism, represented as Truth, Justice and The Arcadian Way. Thus the Demi-Titans are the superior Heroes and are the arbiters of justice of the World, and speakers of Truth. Truth & Justice are two additional domains of Bazz'or and within Demi-Titan society are thought of as universal ideals to strive for.

Bazz'or also blessed the races of World with the gift of civilisation of super powers. These can manifest in other races, and are naturally imbued in Demi-Titans. These super powers include psionics, hero magic, and demigod hood which bestows immortality. Most of the Demi-Titans are demigods. As demigods these Demi-Titans escaped the "curses" of Hybridisation and Vicissitation (the undesirable elements) and as a result prefer to breed amongst themselves.

Bazz'or The Unknown God also took magic and created a form of it called Hero Magic. At its simplest, it is the magic of heroes and super-heroes.

Seperate Hero Cults are popular in various places celebrating the deeds of the great hero, usually deceased. The greatest active Hero Cult is the Justice Community of Arcadia with most of its members being demigod Demi-Titans. Other races are also represented.

Q & A

Can other mortal races can receive super powers? Yes!

Can other races become Heroes or Super Heroes? Yes. This designation bestows upon them 'arbiters of Justice' (a universal ideal), and 'practitioners of Truth'.

Can my race have a hero cult? Yes. Usually hero cults are for deceased heroes but a few do celebrate living heroes. The greatest hero cult is the active Justice Community of Arcadia which comprise the worlds greatest heroes (the big leagues).

Can my race have a hero team? Yes! Additional hero teams, or superhero teams are possible, and encouraged.

What is Hero Magic? Magic used by heroes. Additionally, magic used by Heroes in the name of Truth, and Justice. It can take the form of runes and battle magic from RuneQuest, D&D style fantasy magic, or super heroic magic by practitioners like Dr Strange. All varieties are possible.

Do my heroes need to wear a costume or use a secret id? Up to you. It is recommended that any costume work in a fantasy setting.