World Creation SuperDraft

I still haven't caught up reading the thread, but if I had time to create a god and all the rest, I think I'd propose a god of many names, but the truest name is Folly. His/her/it's domain is Interference. Everything Folly does is a muck-up of some other god's work, as Folly tries to horn in on their domains.

Example: Folly thought War was AWSUM BADAZZ and tried to be a War God too. In so doing he created Massacre, Stalemate and Scorched Earth -- forms of war devoid of victory. Seeing what a mess he'd made, Folly tried to be a diplomat in service of Peace. The result was Appeasement, the peace without honor that inevitably leads to later war.

And so on. Has something like this already been done?

(I can't imagine how Folly would corrupt the Trickster's work. Um. Puns?)

Dean Shomshak

Can you quote the post(s)?

I think he means these 

I think I am down two picks. I would like to add Space to my secondary domain. Clocks and compasses are mine to command.

I would like to pick the Chosen One as my Guardian and Monster. Sometimes to keep things on track, someone is born with a ten line prophecy engraved on their skin. When one line of the prophecy has been finished, it vanishes. And since prophecies are vague to avoid tampering, the Chosen One can be as much a villain as hero trying to work around the conditions given him.

CES

Mythic Hero: Olivus the first child born to have heritage of all the Peoples. The virtues of all the Creator Gods were strong in him but as the ultimate hybrid he was above all the beloved of Arepo. He was a great hero who slew some of the first Outsiders to manifest openly and powerfully, and he will incarnate again and again, often among his own first incarnation's descendents but his line was only the first, not the only, lineage to unite all the world's tribes in one child. In each Age of the World he or she arises and passes away, always finding the tools and wisdom needed to confront the crisis of that Age.

Lucius Alexander

I already picked palindromedaries didn't I?

I think he means these

Lucius Alexander

I already picked palindromedaries didn't I?

Cheers. Reading that for me is that it is two people who are defenders of their culture/nation/people and are considered heroes. They aren't a God of Heroism which is my aim.

Cheers. Reading that for me is that it is two people who are defenders of their culture/nation/people and are considered heroes. They aren't a God of Heroism which is my aim.

Holding up a mirror

Secondary Domain: Truth, Justice & the Arcadian Way

The strongest representation of Heroism is the Hero Cult of Demi-Titans on the floating island of Arcadia. As an Unknown God, the Demi-Titan's are mostly unaware of Bazz'or and live by his Code of Heroism, represented as Truth, Justice and The Arcadian Way. Thus the Demi-Titans are the superior Heroes and are the arbiters of justice of the World, and speakers of Truth. Truth & Justice are two additional domains of Bazz'or and within Demi-Titan society are thought of as universal ideals to strive for.

As demigods these Demi-Titans escaped the "curses" of Hybridisation and Vicissitation (the undesirable elements) and as a result prefer to breed amongst themselves.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it's a magnifying mirror and pauses for reflection

As per the OP:

• Gift to Civilization. Whomever the races may be, they are extremely primitive. As gods, you must guide them. Contribute skills or knowledge to the population. You can specify a particular people for your gift, which will make them the best at it, but it will spread to others.

As no one else selected Heroism as their primary domain, it was open, out so I thought. As per the rule above, I nominated my Demi-Titans to the the superior heroes/superheroes. As per the rule heroism as spread to others with examples being, Ben Grimm, csyphrett's Guardian/Monster called the Chosen One, and Lucius' Mythic Hero, Olives.

"Truth, Justice & the Arcadian Way" is an obvious nod to Superman's tagline, and by extension the JLA. And as the Justice League & Avengers "fix" issues in foreign lands, they impose justice to these situations. A trope of the genre, is their (JLA / Avengers) mandate is generally considered the resolution to the situation, and as they are heroes it is usually considered just and true. It is this trope, and spirit of the genre that I'm referencing in the above quote by Lucius about heroes/superheroes being arbiters of truth & justice. 

I acknowledge the interpretation that heroes/superheroes as the ONLY administers of justice, and accept that criticism. As no one else took Truth or Justice as domains, I thought that was fair game. If the other players of this draft want that modified that heroes/superheroes to hand over any suspect to the local nation/people/community to deal with under their laws, I can accept that. 

The objective my my roster in this superdraft is twofold:

To be the god of heroism as no one else took that as their primary domain. 

To bring in a fantasy version of the JLA / Avengers teams. This would in many ways act as a balancing force to the God of War and Goddess of Death And Rebirth's Undead.  

Uhmm..

Or I might use it to crush this obvious abusive Breach of my MAIN Domain

You misunderstand. Hero magic is a subtype of magic, not a replacement for it (obviously). I am adding to your worshipers by extending the reach that your domain encompasses. The increased number of people Hero Magic affects the presumably happier you are.

You misunderstand. Hero magic is a subtype of magic, not a replacement for it (obviously). I am adding to your worshipers by extending the reach that your domain encompasses. The increased number of people Hero Magic affects the presumably happier you are.

Except magic could already do that.... it was not limited to just Luck, Transformation, or Dreams anymore than the Trickster's trickery would be limited only to Healing, health, math, and Soul dispatchment

You are not building a new room onto my house, you are walking into a guest bedroom, trespassing, and claiming that you're helping me with the place because you're painting a wall.

Your own words indicate you seized something that wasn't yours

Bazz'or The Unknown God also took magic and created a form of it called Hero Magic. At its simplest, it is the magic of heroes and super-heroes.

Yeah, that's not really what we're doing Bazza, at least not for a domain pick. Read the chosen domains. Taking something that's already been chosen and tacking "HEROIC" on it isn't really in the spirit. 

You have an interference pick so it might work once

My opinion of course. We could put it to a vote. 

I have no space to complain....

I think I am down two picks. I would like to add Space to my secondary domain. Clocks and compasses are mine to command.

Another Gift to Civilization: Space travel. Our world is rich and varied and beautiful, but the time will come when the children of the Gods are ready to reach for the stars. When the time comes, Arepo the Mistress of Air will teach them to make air tight ships and to keep the air within refreshed and circulated as they journey forth, powered by lift crystals, following the paths pointed out by mathematics, seeking to find out - what ARE the uncreated stars, a mystery even to the Gods? What unimaginable wonders lie out there in the endless void?

csyphrett, I missed that you had already picked Space. While there's still time do you want me to drop Space Travel and select something else?

Lucius Alexander

Thinking of dispatching a backandforthtrian to Arcadia

Except magic could already do that.... it was not limited to just Luck, Transformation, or Dreams anymore than the Trickster's trickery would be limited only to Healing, health, math, and Soul dispatchment

You are not building a new room onto my house, you are walking into a guest bedroom, trespassing, and claiming that you're helping me with the place because you're painting a wall.

Your own words indicate you seized something that wasn't yours

Yeah, that's not really what we're doing Bazza, at least not for a domain pick. Read the chosen domains. Taking something that's already been chosen and tacking "HEROIC" on it isn't really in the spirit. 

You have an interference pick so it might work once

My opinion of course. We could put it to a vote. 

Fair enough.My thought was to be a patron to a subtype of Magic, e.g. metallic dragons, not all dragons. 

As a newcomer to this, I don't want to hinder others enjoyment of it. So I want to apologies to Hermit for the overreach. 

I'll pick something else, before Sociotard closes this. 

Edit: Third secondary domain: Infinity Mastery. (Infinity could be construed as part of Mathematics)

Also, noticed Old Man's secondary domain is Judgement. Hey Old Man, we should talk as there is potential overlap with our secondary domains. 

Yeah, I'll arbitrate and say that heroic magic doesn't fit. I suggest criminology or incarceration or martial arts or anything else

Those are good suggestions. However I took an idea from RuneQuest and picked Mastery.

(Ah :( Questing would be another good one.)