2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

15 hours ago, Tjack said:

All hail the golden god!  All hail King Tom!!!!   And blessings be unto his mighty arm!!!!

Brady really only did what was needed to score just enough points to stay ahead. Those really deserving the praise are the Pats New No-Name Defense™. No huge names, no #1 defensive player, but they absolutely shut-down the Rams much-touted #2 offense. The closest the Rams got to the goal line ended with Goff heaving one up as he went down under a pass rusher, right to a Patriots CB.

I think they should have given the MVP to the whole defensive squad.

56 minutes ago, aylwin13 said:

Brady really only did what was needed to score just enough points to stay ahead. Those really deserving the praise are the Pats New No-Name Defense™. No huge names, no #1 defensive player, but they absolutely shut-down the Rams much-touted #2 offense. The closest the Rams got to the goal line ended with Goff heaving one up as he went down under a pass rusher, right to a Patriots CB.

No offense, but you missed the later post about that being a sarcastic shot at some of the more rabid Pat’s fans I deal with.

9 hours ago, aylwin13 said:

Both defenses played lights-out for much of the game. The Rams played very solid defense and made some big plays. Their problem was that they couldn't quite stay off the field long enough to recover themselves as the Pats had several long but futile drives. Well, not entirely futile, because they wore out the Rams defenders. By crunch time in the fourth quarter, the LA defenders were gassed, while the Pats were still fresh when it counted.

To the future: the #1 pick in the 2019 draft currently belongs to Arizona. 

I'm intrigued. I like the idea of a developmental league for the NFL. The other major sports leagues have them, of course, but the NFL has really only had the NCAA as a feeder. Plus, there's a team here in SLC, so that's fun. And some of the rule changes the new league will be using should be interesting to see.

There is a developmental league. The rest of the NFL develops so that the Pats can take the players aboard and win championships with them. :D

I'm disappointed in the outcome of the Subparbowl but I really don't begrudge the Pats. It's not like they haven't come up short in the big game but they are always in the picture. They roll players through and we count them out and then they win again. 

When Bilicek (sp) is no longer able to torment the league someone else will come along and sustain greatness and they'll be the villains. 

Wait, what?!

Joe Flacco reportedly heading to Broncos in trade as Ravens shake up offseason QB market

I can only figure that Elway is looking as Flacco as a mentor for Drew Lock (or whoever the Donkeys end up spending too high a draft pick on at QB this April). But still...a mid-round pick, plus 3 years of $20M+ salary for a quarterback already well into this 30s? I don't get it.

The Flacco move seems like a win-win.  He's an upgrade from Keenum and only cost Elway a fourth rounder.  If nothing else he's a better stopgap.  Meanwhile the Ravens are able to sell high on Flacco after a decent season with fewer injuries than normal, and they have another QB on staff with greater upside.

26 minutes ago, Badger said:

Trade.  And while they are at it get Peterman from Oak/LA/LV/DRC*/Mars Raiders.

*Democratic Republic of Congo

4 minutes ago, Pariah said:

"Mars Raiders". 

I like the sound of that. :thumbup:

Look up Otis Sistrunk.

I was watching that game live, and the disbelief in Howard Cosell's voice was priceless.

Now that the lawsuit has been settled, Yahoo! Sports has posted an article speculating that Colin Kapernick may be headed to the Patriots as a backup to Tom Brady.

Mother of Hades, WHY do I read the #×€$×)% comments on internet news articles?!?!