Titans

Greywind

23 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I hear like 4 quick shots before it cuts to Robin standing in the alleyway, bodies strewn all over, and he curses at Batman.  

My interpretation of those shots is that they are from the other thugs, shooting at Robin in futility before being taken out (presumably by a combination of martial strikes, Robin-o-rang-shurikens, and thug-gun-hand domination). This Robin acts more like John Wick than Dick Grayson.

My interpretation of those shots is that they are from the other thugs, shooting at Robin in futility before being taken out

If that's what it is, the editing is terrible.  They wonder if its Batman, he drops into the scene, they square off, they fight (lots of cuts and vague moves) and they show thugs being disarmed.  Multiple shots are fired, body lying on the ground with Robin standing over them.  Imagery: thugs are unarmed, Robin is standing with the thugs on the ground after gunshots.

Action fight scenes are almost always shot and edited poorly these days. It's the new norm. However, I'm not sure how much we can accurately judge that scene from the trailer alone. The full scene might actually look a lot more coherent. But I'll never know (first hand) since I don't intend to subscribe.

I went through it on pause, dragging it a frame or three at a time, and it looks like they go from Robin disarming a guy into the gunfire to make it look like he's firing. Typical deceptive trailer editing, most likely.

On the other hand, I actually noticed the tagline amidst the trailer's awfulness: Time for inner demons to come out and play.

Trigon manipulation could explain the ultraviolence. Raven's an empath, and daddy could be manipulating her to heighten the team's violent tendencies.

Or they could just be a bunch of Graysons.

Wow, that's some top-notch writing, right there.  That's some Pulitzer-level work.  Put dialogue into the mouth of one of the smartest, best-educated characters in the DC universe that a trash-talking 13 year old playing Call of Duty would use.  What's next, he talks about their mother and teabags one of them?

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Wow, that's some top-notch writing, right there.  That's some Pulitzer-level work.  Put dialogue into the mouth of one of the smartest, best-educated characters in the DC universe that a trash-talking 13 year old playing Call of Duty would use.  What's next, he talks about their mother and teabags one of them?

Ah, I see you've already read it.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

The tone looks lighter than the first teaser. Looks like Beast Boy will be mostly doing a tiger to save on CGI budget. Still not loving Starfire's wardrobe. Definitely not paying for their streaming service to check it out.

Yeah, but the comment about becoming to much like Batman given what we saw in the other trailer, maybe Dick becomes lighter, but suggests the Batman of the DCU we saw in Batman vs Superman, who brands and kills people.

Beast Boy and Raven look correct and sound decent, but not thrilled with the "you have to be naked" thing, being played for cheap laughs.

Can't say I like anything of what I have seen of Starfire yet.

Beast Boy tiger looks kinda cartoony.  And Starfire doesn't look good at all, even her power effects are all wrong and you know damn well she's not gonna fly.  I'm really hoping that Robin is a brutal thug in flashbacks ("becoming too much like him") and not so in the show but I gotta be honest, I won't be watching to find out anyway so really who cares.