Titans

Greywind

Robin characterization is terrible. No idea who that is, not Dick Grayson.

Raven looked cool, that was interesting.

Hawk and Dove? Really?

Beast Boy looked good.

I don't even know what the Hell they were doing with Kori's look. Was her hair on fire? Flamethrower blasts? Yuck. Looked awful. Absolutely terrible. I'm a big Starfire fan (and was equally horrified about recent comic treatment, so maybe it's just the character's lot), that was an awful rendition. Hopefully they don't make her a murder space trollop.

Hard pass. And I'll probably get the service for Young Justice 3, so they won't care.

I think it's a pretty clear case of them wanting the Jason Todd character for his personality, but wanting the Dick Grayson name for its recognition factor and canonicity. So we get a disgraceful melding of the two for this show.

Don't get too excited about Beast Boy. The budget for this show is too low to have Beast Boy shown transforming into animals every episode; they will probably cut to the transformed animal (painted green in post, of course) rather than showing the transformation.

This Raven looks too doe-eyed and generally clueless to really carry off the Raven vibe, IMO.

If you pause the trailer on the frame where Dove face-swipes a thug, you can see just how terrible the CG (in this case, used to add a blood spurt to the thug's face) for this show is.

Everything about this show, including the heavily desaturated, plate armor Robin outfit that everyone is so enamored of, looks incredibly lame.

The prevailing theory among fans and pundits seems to be that season one will see Dick transition from Robin to Nightwing. It is abundantly clear from the trailer that he harbors some kind of deep resentment towards Batman which, ostensibly, bleeds over into issues of self-identity as Robin "the boy wonder", embittered sidekick to the Caped Crusader.

LIGHT, I need some fricken LIGHT so I can see people

Robin in the shadows, okay. Trained by the bat got it

Raven? she was Goth before Goth was cool.. (was Goth ever cool?)

But son of a gun,  why can't we  get a good look at  Starfire, Beast Boy and others... 

could one of you step into the sun or even a cloudy day for five flipping seconds

*Rant*

Also, someone needs to edit the film so what when Robin says "F**k Batman" Captain America's shield flies from off screen to hit him in the back of the head

I really enjoyed the 2014 Godzilla movie and am looking forward to the new one a lot. The trailer looks pretty good, though I'm not sure what I think of Farmiga's whole "we're the virus" manifesto.

Question: If Godzilla is one of these so-called "titans" which exist as a kind of immune system to fight off ecologically threatening species such as humanity, then why isn't he busy wiping us out? Why is he fighting against the immune system? I guess this will be explained in the movie itself.

Glass might be the best movie ever made but at this point M Night Shamalamadingdong has used up every single last atom of good will and benefit of the doubt he ever had from viewers.  And he's still stuck on the whole "take an extra 30 seconds with no expression on your face before you speak" directorial style.

4 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

"This program treats mature situations in a childish manner and is therefore suitable for the entire family."

No one really"

Lucius Alexander

This tagline is suitable for mature palindromedaries

I like Hawk and Dove as character concepts but there's really no way to make them work in any story.  The total pacifist who sits around worrying himself constantly instead of taking action and the warmongering lunatic who thinks violence is always the answer don't make for good group dynamics or superheroes.  Why you'd put them on the Teen Titans I really can only speculate about.  I guess they didn't want another Flash, not another Wonder Woman, and they couldn't use Cyborg.  But they could use Terra (her story was very interesting) and nab someone from maybe the Outsiders or Infinity Inc.  Even Jericho would be a more useful group member, and one that isn't too tough to do FX wise.

It appears that they've redesigned the characters behind Hawk and Dove considerably (and I'm sure they've redone Starfire to make her make sense as a crack ho looking streetwalker who has flame blasts instead of hawt alien who can fly and absorb languages from a kiss).  Robin is a jerk who apparently hates Batman and guns down gang members in the streets, and Raven I'm not even sure what they're doing with.  There's no indication of her as a healer.

I guess they wanted badass street justice cool guys kicking doors down, or something.  But maybe the trailer is misleading and they only showed certain mood bits to try to drum up excitement.  I get the feeling that there aren't any actual comic book fans working for DC's media department.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, Hermit said:

Also, someone needs to edit the film so what when Robin says "F**k Batman" Captain America's shield flies from off screen to hit him in the back of the head

Some YouTube channel will get a hundred thousand hits per Titans episode by splicing in Cap admonishing “language” after Robin’s every swear word.

8 hours ago, Greywind said:

Didn't see Robin with a gun.

At approximately the :53 mark in the trailer, Robin has one of the thugs in a wrist lock, and turns the gun in the thug's hand back towards the other thugs, and either forces the trigger pull or takes advantage of the thug firing in a panic, and the shot takes out one of the other thugs.