Annoyances

Badger

8 hours ago, Jagged said:

People with no volume control. It's usually loud kids but then you spot the parents and realise that they have no volume control either. ?  

I agree most of the time.  Though, my dad worked in a factory for 30 years, so his hearing is a bit below average.  (so sometimes he shouts without realizing it.)

But, other than such special circumstances, I definitely agree.  90% of such that I encounter definitely qualifies.

Note: And as far as volume raising, I notice a lot of times when their is a language barrier.  The English-speaker tries to reason with the Spanish-speaker by raising their voice...…...in English

21 hours ago, Bazza said:

And one of those two threads is this thread? 

Lord no!

This thread is annoying.  :rofl:

4 hours ago, Badger said:

I agree most of the time.  Though, my dad worked in a factory for 30 years, so his hearing is a bit below average.  (so sometimes he shouts without realizing it.)

But, other than such special circumstances, I definitely agree.  90% of such that I encounter definitely qualifies.

Note: And as far as volume raising, I notice a lot of times when their is a language barrier.  The English-speaker tries to reason with the Spanish-speaker by raising their voice...…...in English

I believe the best comment I've ever heard on the loudness problem is (not mine, but I have no idea to whom it should be attributed):

"Some people seem to have learned their "inside" voices _inside_ a helicopter filled with running chainsaws!"

:rofl::rofl:

Living in a rural area: Mopeds

A vehicular abomination, moped riders like riding down 2 lane roads during morning commute, clogging the roads with their 30 MPH ways, refusing to yield to traffic flow.  And that is probably their good point.  At night, in contrast to the prison search lights that most carlights have come (which is another annoyance of mine, but anyhow) their single light has the sharpness of a small flashlight with a dying battery, and are nearly invisible from behind*.  This makes nearly running over top of them before seeing them, easier than it should be. In essence at night I only marginally prefer to encounter a moped over a deer herd.

*probably not helped by the fact, that many night mopedders insist on wearing all black.  Then again maybe I shouldn't complain, at least they aren't as bad as the night I encountered a pedestrian who couldn't make up his mind to walk on the left or right side of the road and decided to split the difference.

3 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

According to some news article I read a while ba k (if I remember what city it was, I will try to edit it in here), it happens much faster if you spray paint fluorescent penises around the pothole. 

Not fluorescent spray paint, but...

https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/2/8535259/penis-pothole-activism-wanksy-england

And knowing you, the Vikings, not.

But, I'm not too worried about the Cowboys yet. (with the Bears starting to take control, Dallas would definitely be the weak link, and sneaking 2 wins out of that might be hard).  But, the Patriots have a tendency to pull wins out of their ______es.

3 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Thanks, Bolo.  Evidently more than one person has figured this trick out. 

I don't know if chalk would work here in the US: the foreman would look, and think "send a crew out here to hose that off." and go back to whatever shovel he leans on during the rest of the day.