Annoyances

Badger

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I'm probably the guy who comes in and says something that has nothing to do with rules, but probably but not necessarily has something to do with the subject. :(

Nah; not so much.  I mean, no more than the rest of us. 

It's just annoying when someone takes it on themselves to point out how we're doing it wrong, in spite of the fact that we are doing exactly what was requested. 

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I hate one radio ad: car dealership, the jingle is too happy and annoying in itself.  But, it also decides to honk car horns starting at the middle.  Which really messes with you, when you are waiting to pull out at a busy intersection, and may have cars behind you.

I can't listen to terrestrial radio at all* because of the commercials. In my car, I've got a flash drive that plays a bunch of my personal music collection**, and I've been a subscriber to XM Radio since right around the end of 2004 (it's just the online service now, though I have streamed it quite successfully through my phone to the car stereo via Bluetooth).

*I have a clock radio that wakes me up in the morning, but it generally only plays about 3-4 seconds of whatever station it's set to.

**It's playing in reverse alphabetical order by artist then album, and I'm somewhere around Steve Hackett right now, with perhaps another 500 albums to go.

34 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Utah drivers.

I have never been anywhere I didn't hate the drivers.  It's degrees of hate, relative measures of incompetent expletiveheaded know-nothings who menace everyone on the road.  School age drivers are generally the worst though, I detest driving near schools with students old enough to drive. 

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

How about - Great movies turned into marketing devices for toys?

I presume you mean ESB and or RotJ is classed as a great movie? Both wouldn't have been made without toys. Which I'm sure you know. The whole Star Wars series is a marketing device for toys, ie a consumerist pseudo-religion. 

And ewoks are good. But my bias is that I was in America in 1983 and the day before seeing RotJ at the cinema we (family) took a road that went through Redwood Forest ie Endor. 

For me ewoks have more personality than a grunting walking carpet. And yes I watched the ewoks cartoon series though this is stretching my memory. And we got ewoks because Lucas didn't have the production budget for a normal adult size society of Wookiee, so we got "dwarf Wookiees" instead. 

And I do remember being in a warehouse in either Singapore or Hong Kong in 82 and finding a kids book expanding Chewbacca & Wookie culture and loving that.