Funny Pics II: The Revenge

12 hours ago, archer said:

http://ffn.nodwick.com/?p=2401

====

Out of curiosity, would anyone know why this website now claims that every picture I want to post has too big of a file size, even pictures which I successfully posted in the past?

I've never run into such a problem before.

I'm on a Chrome browser if that makes any difference.

One possibility may be that you have too many attachments already posted to the site.  There is a 10mb limit.  Go into your profile -> My attachments.  There should be a bar at the top that tells your current amount.  Just go through the list of attachments below the bar and check the boxes to the right to delete the oldest ones or specific ones you don't want anymore.

51 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Agree with LL.

Furthermore, the film is complete, ie there a a climax and a coda (ceremony) to it. If it were the only film produced in that non-existent series, the subtitle: “episode 4 a new hope” would be contextless. 

There’s nothing wrong with the original trilogy.  Star Wars, Empire & Jedi.  All the others just got worse and worse.

I would classify it as a enjoyable cinematic experience. :P 

It is continuous story in three parts, so a triptych. A triptych is most commonly understood to be a trilogy. As three films grouped together, the first three Star Wars films are indeed a trilogy as they are three films connected with a shared cast of characters, story elements, contexts, mythology, etc. Story wise, I maintain that the original Star Wars film released in 1977 stands alone, and Empire & Jedi, form a duology. One reason for this is that there is no mention of Hoth. Two retcons is the reveal that Luke & Leia are sisters, and the reveal that Vader is Luke’s dad. These elements were completely missing, and not hinted at eitheR in the first film, therefore Empire & Jedi is not a continuation to Star Wars 1977. Rogue One was supposed to segue into Star Wars 1977, so together form a diptych. 

Everything I’ve read from Lucas, his wife, Empire’s director was that the second film was only put into production after the first film was successful. If the first film failed (as unbelievable as this might sound) then it would have to stand alone and not be “part 1 of 3” and never getting the other two parts. 

The LotR, Harry Potter series (triptych/trilogy, octaptych/octology with a diptych/duology) were conceived as be complete series, as opposed to Narnia, or Divergent series which are incomplete. For myself, a streaming service with its inbuilt need for new content alleviates this to a certain degree.