Funny Pics II: The Revenge

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

No doubt he gets better grades than a number of my students.

Some are willing to do the lab work and others aren't.

Personally, I always hated lab work.

I much prefer working with a notebook and a pen than with equipment. (But that might be a leftover trauma from having to dissect a giant rat in 10th grade biology.)

3 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

[pedantry] Luke was not one of the traditional twelve Apostles, and it's very unlikely he ever personally met Jesus. [/pedantry]

Great joke, though. :snicker:

Well, how many got book deals depends on how credulous you are.

[pedantry] Peter got a two books which made the bible and one book which didn't. Plus John's four books, Matthew, and Jude which all were written and permanently made it into the Bible. 

That's still four apostles who got official book deals. [/pedantry]

Plus...

Acts of Andrew exists now only in fragmentary form but was known to early church figures and appears to have been written before various Catholic rituals were made and formalized (definitely pre-2nd century origin).

The Gospel of Philip was known in the early days of the church but didn't make the final cut for being included in the Bible mostly because it was lost then finally rediscovered in the 20th century.

Gospel of Thomas

Gospel of Bartholomew

Gospel of Judas (Iscariot) which consists of conversations between Jesus and Judas

Plus the Gospel of Barnabas and the Epistle of Barnabas, even though he wasn't made an apostle until weeks after the Last Supper.

;) 

21 hours ago, Cygnia said:

sp04152022.png

My mother used this exact argument to convince me I should go to the prom.  My date was another unattached friend who was nearly as socially awkward as myself.  The whole event was very uncomfortable, and ended with both of us getting food poisoning.  Not exactly the evening we had planned, but my mother was right about never forgetting prom.