Avengers Endgame with spoilers

Bazza

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, RDU Neil said:

The tears started for me when they got back... and Nat wasn't there. Again... the actors were on their game and those characters displayed sincere grief and the loss reverberated. I was pretty much sniffling or outright crying for the rest of the movie, after that.

A lot of scenes got me too, but the one that got me the most was Steve Rogers finally getting his dance Peggy Carter.  That was so perfect.

Honest to God, it was all i could do not to whoop when Cap had Mjolnir in one hand and the shield in the other.

A lot of beautiful moments, both heart tugging and epic- most of which have been mentioned. I too thought the fight to see who died for the soulstone spoke volumes of why these two were heroes, and Thanos was, in the end, still a villain.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, rjcurrie said:

We don’t know how the dusted were distributed. If you assume an even distribution, then there’s a 50% chance that any given friend of Peter was also dusted. If, however, Thanos was aiming to create a more evenly-distributed population density post-snap, then high population density areas like New York City would be harder hit and there would a greater chance of Peter’s friends being dusted. In any event, just looking at what was on screen, NYC, in general (and Queens, specifically, as demonstrated by Citi Field) looked heavily depopulated..

Ehhh, it's a big reach.  The trailer for Spider-Man shows him in a scene with all his friends...so conveniently  everyone he knew is also 5 years behind?  Big plot hole IMO.  Also, as I mentioned before, so Cap just did nothing but hide in his house for 70 years?  While in a relationship with the co-founder of SHIELD he stood by and allowed it to be taken over by HYDRA again?

There were several other questions like these that dampened my enjoyment somewhat.  Hopefully Spider-Man will explain many issues with the aftermath of Endgame (timeline is still massively broken, 3- 4 billion beings now dumped back on the planet after 5 years, etc.) as I've heard that it is actually the end of phase 3.  Overall still a great movie though.

8 hours ago, Bazza said:

"Nah, gimme that. You have the little one." - Thor

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Interesting point of view, but with Tony dusting Thanos and his invaders before they were returned to their timeline, there's already an alternate timeline, IMHO.

Above article* postulates that if all of Peter’s classmates were part of the Fallen, then having be returned to living, would all be in the same situation as Peter, thus no 5 year plot hole with them in college and Peter still in school. 

A bit bit of a reach, sure, but it is an explanation. 

* Avengers: Endgame – 8 revelations about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

4 minutes ago, KawangaKid said:

Interesting point of view, but with Tony dusting Thanos and his invaders before they were returned to their timeline, there's already an alternate timeline, IMHO.

Yep. There is also the issue of a Loki from Battle of NY escaping as well. 

So so that makes 3 divergences in the timelines. Sounds like Dr Strange needs to assemble a no-team with Hulk and two others to fix the timeline.

Just now, Bazza said:

Yep. There is also the issue of a Loki from Battle of NY escaping as well. 

So so that makes 3 divergences in the timelines. Sounds like Dr Strange needs to assemble a no-team with Hulk and two others to fix the timeline.

Not a bad idea. Someone needs to Defend the original timeline. 😁

4 hours ago, Bazza said:

Avengers Endgame: Captain America's Ending Ruins The Movie

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/avengers-endgame-captain-americas-ending-ruins-the/1100-6466487/

Glad im not the only one who is concerned by this. 

Good points in that article, and I have a friend who agrees with it a LOT.

My own theory is Steve stayed active under the code name Nomad. She worked within shield to make sure Hydra would fall when the time was right, he fought outside of it as the 'threat' she pretended to hunt while he damaged SHIELD.

Together, they fought crime! (And made sure the time line was set to go right)

;)

4 hours ago, Starlord said:

Ehhh, it's a big reach.  The trailer for Spider-Man shows him in a scene with all his friends...so conveniently  everyone he knew is also 5 years behind?  Big plot hole IMO.  Also, as I mentioned before, so Cap just did nothing but hide in his house for 70 years?  While in a relationship with the co-founder of SHIELD he stood by and allowed it to be taken over by HYDRA again?

There were several other questions like these that dampened my enjoyment somewhat.  Hopefully Spider-Man will explain many issues with the aftermath of Endgame (timeline is still massively broken, 3- 4 billion beings now dumped back on the planet after 5 years, etc. as I've heard that it is actually the end of phase 3.  Overall still a great movie though.

Am I the only person who that thought that Aunt May at the funeral looked notably older than when we last saw her in Homecoming?