RIP: Neil Peart

Cygnia

My condolences, Cygnia. I've had a few songs that have kept me together at ..some pretty dark times in my own life so I can sympathize. And it's always a shame when a master musician who has brought real beauty to the world finally has to leave it. Condolences to his loved ones, family, and fans.

Rush was my first and, as of now, my last live concert. Their music has always been there with me over the last four decades. I can hear a Rush song and I remember somewhere I was or something I was doing back then.

I heard this news the other day and now I just feel empty... and oh so very old.

RIP Neil. Thank you for the words and the riffs.

2 hours ago, aylwin13 said:

Rush was my first and, as of now, my last live concert. Their music has always been there with me over the last four decades. I can hear a Rush song and I remember somewhere I was or something I was doing back then.

I heard this news the other day and now I just feel empty... and oh so very old.

RIP Neil. Thank you for the words and the riffs.

My last concert was R40 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena here in Las Vegas. We had floor seats, but in the section right in back of the VIP Package folks. One of the best concerts that I've ever seen.

I had last seen Rush when they played the Thomas & Mack Center here in Vegas for the Roll the Bones tour, the night after we saw Spinal Tap at the Universal Amphitheater in Hollywood. Second row floor seats for , when Rush; when the spotlight hit Geddy, we were also in it. Both concerts were a lot of fun.

r40 hat web.jpg