Foxbatmite

Lucius

Designer's Note

Batman is a serious, even grim character. Batmite exists to leaven Batman's world with a little humor and whimsy.

Foxbat, by contrast, is a character often played for laughs. Foxbatmite tries to inject a little gravity and sometimes even a sense of responsibility into Foxbat's world.

Foxbatmite, from the twenty fourth and a half dimension.

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

33 INT 23 16- PER Roll 16-

23 EGO 26 14- ECV: 8

6 SPD 27 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 115

Cost Powers END

35 Trasnsimensional Manifestation: Elemental Control, 70-point powers

28 1) Who Watches the Foxbat?: Clairsentience (Sight And Perceive into a related Groups), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 12" per Phase), Transmit, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

28 2) Who Listens to Foxbat?: Clairsentience (Hearing And Perceive into a related Groups), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 12" per Phase), Transmit, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

18 3) Where in the world is Foxbat?: Mind Scan 4d6 (Foxbat class of minds), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cumulative (48 points; +3/4), One Way Link (+1) (75 Active Points); Limited Class Of Minds Foxbat (-1), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

31 4) Special Delivery: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Dimension), Position Shift, x2 Increased Weight, Usable As Teleport (+1/4), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (82 Active Points); 4 clips of 2 Recoverable Charges (-1/2) [2 rc]

49 5) ExtraDimensionalReach: Telekinesis (15 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation, 1 Recoverable Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 5 Minutes (+0), Indirect ( +1/4), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (96 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4) [1 rc]

40 6) 2X Hardened on up to 60 Active Points of DEF for Manifestation: Naked Modifier: Hardened (x2; +1/2) for up to 60 Active Points, Usable By Other (+1/4), Indirect ( +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

300 Clark's Law - The 24th and a half Dimension is Sufficiently Advanced: Variable Power Pool, 200 base + 100 control cost, (300 Active Points)

54 The Zornwill Effect: Healing BODY 3d6, Resurrection, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (150 Active Points); IAF Zornwill Device Bulky (-1), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Limited Power Must be plausible reason why person is not "really dead" or machine/object/structure not "really totally destroyed." (-1/4)

Notes: This power allows any character or object within 5 km of the Zornwill Device to miraculously escape death or destruction, provided that any of the players can come up with a plausible explanation. The car you thought was totalled? Just a little body work, replace the windows, and it will run again! Things like "Okay, the character's dead, but his identical twin comes to town to avenge him!" are cheap and cliched, so if allowed at all they should probably only be used once (after all, how many twins can one person have?) "I wasn't brain-dead yet, and the paramedics revived me" works too, maybe more than once, but the more often a rationale is used, the less plausible it will sound. The fact that it will not restore the character to "perfect health" is quite deliberate. In many cases, the character WILL be heavily damaged and need time (or help) to heal up; even in cases where the SFX is something like "That was an imposter; I am the REAL Super Tabby!" the time it would take for the BODy to heal represents the time before the player will be permitted to make such a revelation and resume playing the character

45 You will take me seriously now: +45 PRE

Notes: Sometimes necessary to get Foxbat to listen

39 Summon Plot Exposition: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group And Normal Hearing), Tracking, Usable By Other (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (9" Radius; +1) (137 Active Points); Retrocognition Only (-1), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; Only to review and explain the plot up to the present point ; -1), Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Visible (-1/4)

50 Foreshadowing: Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group And Normal Hearing), Tracking, Usable By Other (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (9" Radius; +1) (137 Active Points); Precognition Only (-1), Vague and Unclear, only Foreshadows events (-1/2), Visible (-1/4)

20 Summon Plot Complication: Luck 6d6 (30 Active Points); Side Effects (If Luck Fails, roll 6d6 Unluck; -1/2)

33 Imperial Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship: Change Environment 1" radius, -4 OCV, MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2) (50 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

Talents

3 Absolute Time Sense

3 Bump Of Direction

20 Universal Translator 16-

Skills

5 Interdimensional Power Skill: Fast Draw 15-

3 Concealment 16-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Shadowing 16-

3 Sleight Of Hand 14-

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Mimicry 16-

3 Ventriloquism 16-

3 Disguise 16-

3 Tactics 16-

3 Deduction 16-

3 Analyze: Master Plan 16-

2 Navigation (Dimensional) 16-

3 Acting 9-

3 Conversation 9-

3 Persuasion 9-

3 Oratory 9-

24 +3 with all non-combat Skills

10 +2 with PRE based skills

5 Cramming

5 Cramming

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Foxbat (3 Active Points) 16-

2 2) KS: The Foxbat Dimension (3 Active Points) 16-

2 3) KS: Trickster Mythology and Folklore (3 Active Points) 16-

2 4) KS: Interdimensional Lore (3 Active Points) 16-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 870

Total Cost: 985

200+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 985

Background/History: A powerful creature from another plane of existence, the being normally known as Foxbatmite has taken an interest in Foxbat. Most observers are puzzled as to why, but Foxbat himself of course takes it for granted that he is the most fascinating character in the Champions Universe.

Personality/Motivation: Wherever it comes from, Foxbatmite obviously regards Foxbat as supremely important, to the point that it consistently refers to “Foxbat's World” or “The Foxbat Dimension” or “The Foxbat Zone” to differentiate the campaign reality from the “Twenty Fourth and a Half Dimension” that Foxbatmite calls home. It seems to regard itself sometimes as Foxbat's disciple and sometimes as his mentor, and alternates between praising Foxbat's insanity as brilliance and excoriating him as stupid or careless.

Although strongly approving of Foxbat's sense of fun, playfulness, and humor, Foxbatmite itself seldom laughs and almost always speaks with great earnestness.

Quote: (About Foxbat): "You mock him, yet the sages of Foxbat's World have said 'If it were not laughed at, it would not be the Way.' He has seen the truth of his world more deeply than anyone - and that knowledge makes him free."

(To Foxbat): "Long the way I have come to help you, Fred. I was a Seeker, but I have found you, O Sacred Clown."

(About Foxbat, while looking the player characters up and down): “Yes, he thinks he lives in a comic book. Have you looked in a mirror lately and thought about what gives him that impression?”

Powers/Tactics: The “real” Foxbatmite is probably permanently inaccessible. What the characters will encounter will be the physical manifestation of the powers Foxbatmite uses to project its consciousness into a three dimensional reality. This manifestation has 20 DEF that is twice Hardened, a BOD of 6, and OCV and DCV of 8. Whether called magic or technology, Foxbatmite also has access to a bewildering variety of Powers from the 24th and a half dimension, often in the form of devices miraculously produced from the Foxbatmite Utility Belt.

Campaign Use: Deus ex Machina to bail Foxbat out when he's in danger, or perversely derail Foxbat's latest "Master Plan" if Foxbatmite disapproves of the direction it's taking.

Appearance: Yoda in a Foxbat costume. This is not the real being of course, but who can describe something that exists in twenty four and a half dimensions? But the projection of this entity's consciousness into "The Foxbat Dimension" resembles a foxbatmuppet.

Adventure Seeds:

Where in the world is Foxbat?

Foxbatmite comes to the characters for help. Foxbat is missing! Normally Foxbatmite can find always find

Foxbat, but not now. Has he left the planet? The dimension? Or have sinister forces captured him, forces that can even block the perceptive powers of Foxbatmite?

Foxbat must not fail!

Foxbatmite uses the Foreshadowing power to reveal a disastrous potential future to the player characters. This is what awaits the world – unless Foxbat's current Master Plan succeeds. Is Foxbatmite, self confessed student of tricks and tricksters, trying to fool the heroes into not interfering? If the extradimensional imp is to be believed, should the heroes play along – or try to stop Foxbat anyway and then try to overcome the foreseen catastrophes?

Foxbat must be stopped!

Foxbatmite confesses to a serious miscalculation. Not only has the 'mite allowed Foxbat to acquire an artifact (“It's hung around his neck, you can't miss it”) that neutralizes Foxbatmite's own Powers (A massive Personal Immunity Naked Advantage, on a Focus, if you want to write it up) but also one that enhances his own abilities over time (“That one looks like a lollipop, if lollipops were made of sunbeams and rainbows.”) Worse yet, the latter is making Foxbat more powerful every day. “That kind of power is not good for him, it will ruin the Master Plan!” Can the heroes stop a Foxbat who is gaining all the powers of twenty four and a half dimensions – before it's too late?

Lucius Alexander

Pandimensional Palindromedary

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Foxbatmite

Ugh.

No offense, but this reminds me a lot of something that turned up in an otherwise serious Champions campaign and pretty much did its level best to spoil it.

Broken build, (at that time) campaign max Dex/Spd, max defenses (when you stopped to count the 50%/50% damage reduction) life support to pretty much everything, special defenses and an uncountable number of ways to hit people with 60 active points.

Ugh.

No offense, but this reminds me a lot of something that turned up in an otherwise serious Champions campaign and pretty much did its level best to spoil it.

Broken build, (at that time) campaign max Dex/Spd, max defenses (when you stopped to count the 50%/50% damage reduction) life support to pretty much everything, special defenses and an uncountable number of ways to hit people with 60 active points.

It's also built on about a thousand points.

This thing isn't a villain, it's a walking, talking plot device that happens to be statted out.

Except Disadvantages. I had everything else done before I even began to imagine what would be appropriate Disadvantages. One might be "Subject to laws of home realm." Then if anyone asks why it doesn't do this, that, or the other thing to help the Master Plan, it can reply that "it is forbidden."

Foxbatmite could presumably hit people with 60 pt attacks all day, but isn't likely to want to.

Lucius Alexander

Conspicuous by its absence

That's one of the most flipped-out things I ever saw :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Even Dr. Infamous is impressed. The Bacandforthtrian isn't. But he's like that, so pay him no mind.

Dr. Infamous and he Bacandforthtrian yadda yadda yadda.

Fox-Bat-Mite ?

I think that's a perfect portrait. Did you make that yourself? And may I use it as the character portrait?

I have an embarrassing question. Which book has the most recent version of Foxbat in it, anyway? I'm starting to think I need to run out and get it.

Lucius Alexander

Digging around in the palindromedary's saddlebag...surely I have SOME money....

This is on its way to becoming the single most reputized post I have ever made.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests I thank the guys who inspired it.

I can appreciate it, my Bat Gear post is insane...

I have an embarrassing question. Which book has the most recent version of Foxbat in it' date=' anyway? I'm starting to think I need to run out and get it.[/quote']

Latest Foxbat stats are in Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks. And if you're a Champsfile and don't have that one yet, you should be embarrassed. :P

OTOH if you use the website store right now you'll only have to cough up $18.74 for it. :)