Happy Americans lose their fingers tonight Day !

Yes it is that time of year when Americans decide they have too many fingers and decide to lose some.

Not by the conventional way of a slip with a knife or having them shot off as in Taxi Driver or the Ballad of Buster Scruggs, no they use explosives.

Americans, they are a strange bunch.

So happy lose your fingers day !

And thanks to the people who posted about this as I was running out of ideas to mock the Colonial Rebels.

Edited by death tribble

Not sure what we're doing this evening, but I made potato salad yesterday and we had it and grilled brats for dinner last night night.  A good amount of it left.

Around us here, the boom count has been pretty low.  Heard a few last night, but not the level I'm expecting this evening.

Edited by Cancer

We haven't seen/heard much...there were some last night but not all that many.

Not sure, but weather's a plausible factor.  The lowest high temperature in the last 2 weeks has been 99.5, and it's been windy off and on.  Last rain was about a tenth of an inch...almost a month ago.  And it's been VERY dry so far this year;  1.2 inches of rain, total, which is probably about half what we usually see in the first 6 months.

We'll see how tonight goes.

Incidentally, tonight's Jeopardy! reminds me that today is also the anniversary of the founding of the Republic of the Philippines, in 1946. So if you find American Independence Day insufferable, roll your eyes and raise a glass for the Philippines. Their freedom matters, too.

(Freedom from, <cough> the USA, as it happens.>

Dean Shomshak

Edited by DShomshak

1 hour ago, DShomshak said:

Incidentally, tonight's Jeopardy! reminds me that today is also the anniversary of the founding of the Republic of the Philippines, in 1946. So if you find American Independence Day insufferable, roll your eyes and raise a glass for the Philippines. Their freedom matters, too.

(Freedom from, <cough> the USA, as it happens.>

Dean Shomshak

"Son, where did you get the idea this was okay?" - United Kingdom is aghast

"YOU, okay! I learned it from YOU!" - United States runs up to its room

UK hangs head in shame