The cranky thread

Hermit

I've written many essays that felt good to write but were never read by anyone else (some also that were seen only by myself and my wife).  Probably a good number that would have been better if no one else read them also; I was the editorial writer for my high school newspaper for a year.

I got polemics down.

After the recommended three-day waiting period, we gave LGP a bath tonight. Lady P did most of the work, while I mainly held the shower head and sprayed where she said, and got the girl dressed afterwards.

LGP did just fine with it. Me, not so much. I'm not one for anxiety attacks, but I think I may have had one this evening. 

What the heck kind of sense does that make?

My bank charges non-preferred customers a fee to use mobile check deposit. I asked what made someone a preferred customer, and was told that it was someone with at least one million dollars in accounts.

Suffice it to say, I don't use the mobile check deposit with them.

---

One of my accounts is collecting spam emails, in the general format of my first name on the subject line (sometimes with a question mark or RE: before it), and a name that I don't recognize as the sender. I'm guessing that the body of the email is html, but that gets stripped when I send it to spam. The message is usually "It's me" or something similar, and the email address is what appears to be a disposable gmail account. I'm guessing that if I responded, the messaging would change to the actual scam. Oh, and it's an older email account that I haven't actively given out to friends for something like a decade and a half, so I doubt that it's anyone I actually know.

I'm also getting a small amount of fishing scams, with the latest purporting to be from "Wells Frago".* The spam filters caught that one and flushed it. 

*If I ever play a rogue, I'm seriously thinking of using this as the name. 

• 2 weeks later...

The good news is I was trying to thin my documents on my profile at work. They bad news is that I clicked on the wrong thing. The good news is that I stopped it before everything was deleted. The bad news is that some notes for stuff I'm working on was lost. The good news is that I am old-school and write notes on paper, and I can rebuild the notes.

It will just take time.

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

We're all getting old. 

Speak for yourself!

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

Found out about a month ago that of people in our gaming group (who started getting together in the late 1970s), the fourth cancer diagnosis has come.  The first death was last September.

14 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Seems like my entire family has one or more health problems. Waiting to hear the bad news on my end.

Hey, tell your family and friends to knock it off.