The cranky thread

Hermit

I went for a blood test this afternoon. I spent an hour waiting for it because it seems the staff forgot all about me until I made some noise.

Then I tried to call for a pickup, since I don't drive. No signal; I called at least a dozen times, and the call ended before the first ring. The buses weren't coming either. Eventually I got in contact with someone, but that took another half-hour, at least.

That was my entire afternoon.

The bad news: I'm having a wisdom tooth extracted because the filling fell out, and it's either this or root canal and crown. 

The good news: They found the source of my pain immediately. I haven't been to the dentist in years and she said my teeth are in good shape (with the obvious exception) and they did a cleaning. That part was so good I'm not ashamed to smile anymore. 

The bad news: My gums, on the other hand, are a disaster, so there will be follow-up visits. 

18 minutes ago, Cancer said:

My wisdom teeth were all extracted shortly before I turned 19 because they were all coming in sideways.  My only experience with fully-unconscious general anesthesia.

All my wisdom teeth cam in straight, but each had a cavity. Go figure. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Did you at least gain some wisdom from the experience?

Yeah, don't neglect your mouth for years, depression or not. 

11 hours ago, Pariah said:

Big test for me today - 125 questions in 150 minutes.  Test I need to pass to gain an endorsement for my job next year. Test begins at 11:10 a.m. local time.

Woke up at 4:58 a.m. local time. Almost two hours ago. Can't get back to sleep. 

Not good.

Well?

On 6/16/2023 at 1:29 PM, Hermit said:

They wanted the Tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth!

On 6/16/2023 at 1:59 PM, Simon said:

You can't handle the tooth!

Sorry...I’ll show myself out...

Aaaaaaaand this morning, ten days before my group dental coverage ends due to retirement, I learned I've got a cracked molar that needs a crown, and they can't get me in until mid-July.

Ah well.  It looks like continued coverage via COBRA is only about $50 a month.