The cranky thread

Hermit

Lady P is at the Emergency Room right now. Lady problems, but they've been persistent for several weeks. She's been trying to get in to see her OBGYN, but they haven't had any openings until next Thursday. She finally got in to see one of the PA's at our doctor's office, and she referred her directly to the ER. Lady P is checked in and is currently awaiting an ultrasound.

All three of her older sisters had to have hysterectomies. There's a part of me that's afraid that's where this is going. But all I can do right now is hang out at home and make sure the kids are okay.

Any prayers, positive energy, and/or good vibes any of you can send this direction would be welcomed.

I only got three hours sleep last night. Why? My insane cat woke me up with an obnoxious mewing streak. I got up to see what he wanted, and he wanted me to let him out the front door. 

The back door is always open for him. Such a brat. I did not open the front door. Tried to go back to sleep mostly in vain. 

• 2 weeks later...

Should have mentioned this a couple of days ago but never mind. Tuesday, it took two hours to get home. Granted it was raining but. First problem we are heading one way home and they put up a road ahead closed sign. So turn off and try another route where we really get bogged down. Reach the top of a hill and Road closed again. So we have to turn back on ourselves and end up back where we started at the first road closed sign. Turn off and do a bit of a loop then get to Mutley Plain only road closed again. Back again and then turn and go a different way avoiding Mutley Plain. And that's how we got home.

We had taken in a food delivery for neighbours and had packed their stuff in our fridge and freezer so we had to get that out and to them before we could relax. Well almost water getting in next door so Mum has to deal with that as landlady.

Mutley Plain was closed not due to flooding as we thought but due to a traffic accident where someone with multiple driving offences had hit a pedestrian. Driver taken by the police, pedestrian to hospital. Mutley Plain open to traffic 7 am next day. 

LBP and LGP have both tested positive for COVID in the past week.

Lady P is still struggling with her difficulties. More OBGYN visits are in the near future, as well as some kind of procedure in all likelihood.

And my back is killing me, and has been for the past two days. I have cyclobenzaprine, but I can't take it on school nights.

Other than that, we're fine.

My car got rear ended today. I was stopped at a stoplight; I drive a Cube which is hard to miss from the rear. 

Every time I get rearended I'm at a stoplight. Obviously, I need to quit stopping at stoplights. 

I'm fine, it seems to be mostly cosmetic damage to the car. Happy Holidays to me. 

It snowed fairly steadily last night through this morning. Skies are mostly clear and blue now, and the roads are mainly clean. Last night was a different story, though. I'd forgotten what it was like to drive a rear-wheel drive vehicle in the snow. Not my favorite. 

Had dinner and was sick. Then had to unblock the sink. Was feeling a little bit unsteady before the meal.

Had Lovage to calm the stomach. 

Two more bouts of vomiting. Off to bed and 10 hours sleep without having to get up once. No food or drink for twelve hours. Let's see how this goes.

Dire rear. Two blasts of hot water in two separate sit downs but not classic diarrhea. Not been sick again but obviously I am still not well.

Make that three. Oh dear.