Villains, Vandals, and Vermin: Who should be in it?

Dr. MID-Nite

We already know Fleshtone, Curse, and the Tiger Squad are all on tap, but who else should be included that hasn't gotten a writeup yet?

For my part, I'd like to see:

Wyvern: His secret ID exists....so why not bring him back?

Dr. Yin Wu: Though he may appear in Champion Worldwide.

Power Crusher: Or perhaps a like minded "Drainer" concept.

The Fox of Crime: The current CU doesn't have nearly enough light hearted villains.

More subjects of Project Sunburst: I miss Ray!

Some Russian heroes/villains: I loved the old Red Guard/Doom.

A villain using the duplication rules to a greater extent...to create an army of duplicates...just to see.

Other ideas welcome.

Rob

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Villains, Vandals, and Vermin: Who should be in it?

Well, sentimentally I'd like to see the Geodesics; perhaps Dr Lirby Koo and his minions could have a book of their own? :)

I'd like to see some of the characters from Watchers of the Dragon; a few more international villains; perhaps some of the VIPER minions who haven't had writeups yet?

Personally, I'd love to see a new Shamrock, new members of Coil, Rainbow Archer, Brick, some new Foxbat sidekicks, Deathstroke (the group, not the DC Character), and maybe some other older characters :) Don't get me wrong, I like new characters ... but some of the old-school villains were neat :)

Power Crusher: Or perhaps a like minded "Drainer" concept.
I'll second that; when FREd came out and I read the Multiple Attack rules' date=' I went back through Classic Enemies. Makes Power Crusher a [i']whole[/i] lot nastier.

Plus, his quote is great, "Your strength makes me stronger, fool!"

Steve Long has mentioned that Dr. Yin Wu is a possibility for VVV, unless he firms up the prospects for an updated Watchers Of The Dragon before then. A few more COIL mutates would seem like a reasonable expectation/request, too.

I'd love to see some more international villains, but how many or which ones may depend on the synergy this book has with Champions Worldwide. VVV is scheduled right after CW in the 2005 release schedule.

Another thing I'm wondering is whether the book should stay exclusively within the contemporary CU, or should it included villains from other eras? For example, I'd enjoy some more Galactic Champions baddies. Thoughts?

I agree on Power Crusher, Wyvern, Dr. Yin Wu and Shamrock, although I'd like to see Shamrock portrayed as something besides an IRA terrorist, which I always thought was a bit cliched. I'd also like to see the return of the Conquorers or another superhuman ascendency group.

Moreover, I'd like to see some second tier villains, which I think the current CU is lacking. Old favorites like Oculon and Lazer are now uber-competant. How about a Champs version of Marvel's Justin Hammer and a few device based villains for hire.

I would like to see all new villains. The best parts of ckc for me were the new villains added to champions. I can always redo which ever older villains I want in my world myself. The campaign would also benefit from some additional villain groups too.

I would like to see all new villains. The best parts of ckc for me were the new villains added to champions. I can always redo which ever older villains I want in my world myself. The campaign would also benefit from some additional villain groups too.

Yeah CKC was rather weak on villain groups to be honest. Only The Ultimates were really usable for a standard hero team.

Rob

I'll first get out of the way the ubiquitous joke about the title...

"Villians, Vandals and Vermin? Sounds like my Prom Night."

Now... this isn't the Dark Champions enemies book, but another CKC book, right?

If that's the case... It's fun to relive the past, but I'd rather deal with new threats, new terrors, new 1 billion point monstrosities that I'll be afraid to unleash on players.

Well, maybe not that last one. But at least a couple of good, well-rounded, teams of like-minded villains. I notice most groups have some sort of rivalry going on. That's fine most of the time. A group tied together by a unified origin couldn't hurt too.

Right now I really don't expect to include many "reworked" old villains in VVV. Offhand the only ones I can think of are the Tiger Squad, and even some of them will be new.

I do plan to include several teams, including two "general" ones, which I agree the setting needs.

I'll probably cover most of the guys depicted in the USPD -- Plague, Entropy, Dreamwitch, the Curse, and so on. Beyond that, though I have plenty of ideas. :hex:

Personally' date=' I'd love to see a new Shamrock, new members of Coil, Rainbow Archer, Brick, some new Foxbat sidekicks, Deathstroke (the group, not the DC Character), and maybe some other older characters :) Don't get me wrong, I like new characters ... but some of the old-school villains were neat :)[/quote']

You are welcome to check out my updated Shamrock. :) He's the same old Shamrock, only moreso...

Am I the only one hankering for the Andromeda Connection? :angel::angst:

You proably ARE the only one. Which means eveyone should just wait for the Galactic Champions Enimies Book (How's this for a name: The Galaxy's Most Wanted).

In that book, I would like to see the AG villians, plus villians from other parts of the galaxy. And some from the old Aliean Enimies book.

Great question...could Mr. Surbrook do a writeup of Chiller for the Galaxy's Most Wanted? Shure, he is proably going to be a 'Frezah' clone, but her old emploie was a clone of Raditz.

Anyways...villians who I would LOVE to see, but will proably NOT...

1) Power Crusher.

2) Foxbat's Flunkies (especaly The Exo-Skelition Man and Harmous Fist).

3) Powerhouse (new version, basicly the same with a Kelvnite orgin).

4) Mongoose (now as a half-human, snake hateing ex-VIPER agent).

5) Zodac (The group...this group was The Bomb...and deserves to be recreated).

6) Yoosho (Again, another BOMB group...I also vote for the return of Zen Team...Mike, are you listening?)

7) Zen Scorpion (We have to have a 'Char' charater...the 'good' bad guy...the bad guy with style)

8) Mind Lock (A mid-tear mentlist/sneek thieth)

9) Terror Incorprater (reborn from the grave)

Well, that is it for now.

You proably ARE the only one. Which means eveyone should just wait for the Galactic Champions Enimies Book (How's this for a name: The Galaxy's Most Wanted).

In that book, I would like to see the AG villians, plus villians from other parts of the galaxy. And some from the old Aliean Enimies book.

Great question...could Mr. Surbrook do a writeup of Chiller for the Galaxy's Most Wanted? Shure, he is proably going to be a 'Frezah' clone, but her old emploie was a clone of Raditz.

Great idea, especially the title, except for one small thing: Galactic Champions = Champions 3000. Backtrack, CheetahMan, Mandala, Skylark, Tagteam, and Zogoth will probably be dead in another 996 years (well, maybe not Zogoth).

Given their descriptions (CKC 215), a couple of them might even be good as members of new teams, or new members of old teams....

Right now I really don't expect to include many "reworked" old villains in VVV. Offhand the only ones I can think of are the Tiger Squad, and even some of them will be new.

I do plan to include several teams, including two "general" ones, which I agree the setting needs.

I'll probably cover most of the guys depicted in the USPD -- Plague, Entropy, Dreamwitch, the Curse, and so on. Beyond that, though I have plenty of ideas. :hex:

Well then...in light of that comment, what types of villain concepts would everyone like to see....for lack of a better phrase? I'd still like to see a mass duplicator and dedicated "Drainer"....even if the characters are new. Likewise, some more teams...new or not. How about a team where they all get along famously? That'd be a switch.

Rob

Rob