Villains, Vandals, and Vermin: Who should be in it?

Dr. MID-Nite

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Villains, Vandals, and Vermin: Who should be in it?

Is there a Champions version of Mephisto on tap?

I would call the "Demon Prince of Guile" from the Bestiary perfect for that role. More than enough versatility and raw power to stand against all but the mightiest superhero teams; but his power set and personality are geared toward deception, manipulation and corruption.

Dean Shomshak mentions one of the great demons of the Netherworld, Mephistopheles, in the upcoming The Mystic World, with just that M.O. You could simply add that name to the DPoG's character sheet, and you're good to go. :)

I would call the "Demon Prince of Guile" from the Bestiary perfect for that role. More than enough versatility and raw power to stand against all but the mightiest superhero teams; but his power set and personality are geared toward deception, manipulation and corruption.

Dean Shomshak mentions one of the great demons of the Netherworld, Mephistopheles, in the upcoming The Mystic World, with just that M.O. You could simply add that name to the DPoG's character sheet, and you're good to go. :)

I have to agree here. That Demon Prince is more than adequate as a stand in for Mephisto. His variable power pool easily creates his "contracts"....and he's more than powerful enough physically.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

There has to be a few things in it-

1-At least two "on the cusp" Master Villian (with or without teams to back them up) if the Campaign Universe loses somebody like Dr. Destroyer, Takofanes, Menton....

They have to be UNIQUE Master Villians-a techno-magical gadgeteer (a'la Dr. Doom) or a gang made up of uplifted animals.

2-At least two "on the cusp" Super Villian Teams (a'la the Crowns of Krim or Eurostar), ready to really hit the Big Time if you can throw Fiacho into a deep enough cell or grave. Like the Master Villians, they have to be unique and fun.

3-A wide variety of villians from the "mercenary super-solider" to "it's fun to steal stuff"....

4-Foxbat needs his crew again. Has to be there.

I'd like to see a villain team made up up the last survivors of the collapses of the previous HERO universes. They could include older heros and villains powered up by the interdimensional rift they came thru with slight personality twists.

I'd like to see a villain team made up up the last survivors of the collapses of the previous HERO universes. They could include older heros and villains powered up by the interdimensional rift they came thru with slight personality twists.
Now there's an interesting idea -- one or more villains from an alternate superhero dimension, similar but not quite the same... I doubt we could talk Steve into including such characters (I'd like to see Rainbow Archer become a part of GRAB myself), but it's certainly worth a thought. :D

• 2 months later...

I would love to see more homage characters. Many of everyone's favorites of the Champions Universe are the characters based upon existing comic book characters - Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon, etc. Most of the homages seemed to come from the Marvel Universe so seeing some more homages based on DC Universe characters, as well as some of the newer villains to have appeared in the last 10-20 years would be nice.

I'd add my vote to not wanting to see too many additional updates of existing Champions Universe characters. It's better to move forward then sideways, IMO, and only my opinion.

Some good old-school Luthor/Dr. Sivana sorts of mad scientist villains would be appreciated.

More villains like Holocaust - too tough to solo, but defeatable by a team of normal-powered characters who play smart and use strategy and teamwork (the concept and the Teamwork skill) - are also a good thing.

Tying the previous 2 posts together would love to see a behind the screen schemer type of mastermind, weak physically but a spider in the middle of a web, then turned into a powerhouse but unstable ala Marvel's Count Nefaria.

Always one of my fav characters especially the transformation using the powers of the Whirlwind/Power Man/Living laser.

Classic stuff

Torch

I know Steve said earlier in this thread that the VVV would have all new villains and I for one am thrilled at the idea. My group have fought the Iconic CU villains so many times they have become somewhat...predictable. I Want to add my name to the growing roster of players asking for Power Crusher, Shamrock and Terror Inc. these guys were great and are genuinely missed by my group.

On to what the setting needs more of. Looking at the CKC's chart we are given 23 categories. Here is my two cents on each category.

Brick 23

Energy Projector 39

- These are the two most common archetypes and the ones with the most combinations attributed to them.

Gageteer 9

Weaponmaster 7

- It would be great to see more Gadgeteer / Weaponmasters (ie

Martial Artist 8

- Tiger Squad will bring this number up, but a GRAB-like band of travelling Martial Artists with different styles would be a welcome addition

Mentalist 15

- Fleshing out the members of PSI or maybe some 3-way battles with some former PSI operatives. I know we are staying away from the old stuff, but the Omen plotline built into the old Mind Games book deserves to be run for new players. Also the Kinetic Energy guy throwing a diner at Nighthawk from the USPD (if he's telekinetic).

Metamorph 6

- More Metamorphs please, I think the USPD will help out here as previously discussed in this thread.

Mystic 17

- Arcane Adversaries has us covered in Spades here

Powered Armor 6

- Since we maynot be getting an Ultimate Powered Armor book, more Powered Armor baddies would help get the wheels spinning

Speedster 8

- How about a flying Speedster?

Alien 5

- I think Bob Greenwade is right here, definitely not enough Alien Villains. Galactic Champions helped, but groups like The Swords of Ackal are way overpowered for the 350 - 450 point range of most campaigns (those that started at 350)

Mutant 21

- Plenty of Mutants, thanks!

Goal 41

Greedy 16

Loner 5

- More Loners especially for those of us with groups of less than 5 players. A Loner villain who can handle 2-4 350 pt characters would be great!

Master Villain 12

- Enough Master Villains - More "on the cusp" MVs would be cool (as previously stated in this thread)

Mercenary 25

Powerhungry 24

Technoligical 25

- Good group here, the stuff of classic comic book villainy

Theif 11

- More Thiefs, always good to give the heroes something to worry about other than getting punched out.

Violent 44

Anyone remember that female superhero in European Champions named after a mountain range? I think she was called Carpanthia or something like that. Will se make an appearance in the book or will she be revised for Champions worldwide?

Check out Susano's "EUROPEAN ENEMIES DEBUGGED" thread on this forum for Carpathia - and other characters from EUROPEAN ENEMISE - translated as directly as possible into 5E. Be warned, though, "as directly as possible" means the characters are just as illogically-constructed as was the case with the original versions.