Fake TV-Shows

Jhamin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fake TV-Shows

This one's fairly obscure.

Hello Joe, Whaddya Know. Appearing first in J. Neil Schulman's novel Alongside Night and later in L. Neil Smith's novel The Nagasaki Vector, Joe concerned a sapient gorilla who also happened to be a philosophy professor at the (meta-)fictional Gazpacho U.

also from Monty Python was the game show "How Not to be Seen"

where the contestants were trying to camouflage themselves and they kept blowing up suspicious shrubbery

I dont remember what fiction this came from but something called "If You can catch it you can keep it" where things were tossed from the top of a building to constestants on the ground around it, so tossing that refrigerator off the building might not just kill the contestant

depending on the universe the Groucho Marx classic "You bet your life" could take on a whole new meaning for that matter

The Max Payne console games had some T.V. shows in it. One was Lords and Ladies which was a medievel soap opera, ala harlequin romance type show. Another was Captain Baseball BatBoy a kids cartoon, and something called Address Unknown (I think) which was supposed be a Nowhere Man type spoof.

Also don't forget that the Champions Universe has a superhero soap opera called To Save The World, starring Justic Force Omega.

Let's see, there was The Alan Brady Show.

Seems like there should be a lot in The Simpsons, but the Krusty the Clown Show is the only one I can think of.

Wasn't there an X Files like show on the X Files?

Well, The Bumblebee Man has a show on Chanel Ocho...but thay never said it's name (or if thay did, it was always in spanish). That was from The Simpsons. And thay did do an epasold of the X-Files as an epasold of the real life show COPS (including the "Bad Boys" begining).

Not completley fiction but how about

CSI: Millenium City

Try CSI: Hudson City.

"Sir...we found a wairhouse full of creats of illegal drugs, and twenty five dead people, all shot to death with a single bullet to the head. Looks like the work of the Full Moon Killer to me."

Also try...

Law And Order: Metahuman Crime Division.

I dont remember what fiction this came from but something called "If You can catch it you can keep it" where things were tossed from the top of a building to constestants on the ground around it, so tossing that refrigerator off the building might not just kill the contestant

Firesign Theatre, and thanks for the memories!

I think the show from Ghostbusters II was "World of the Psychic."

From Family Guy:

-Sitcom: Shari & the Anus

-Reality Show: Hungry Animals, Slow Children

Remember "Wings"? (How can anyone not, it's on 5 channels right now)

-Talk Show: Mary Pat Lee

I can't believe noone's mentioned Pleasantville, yet!

How about THE TRUMAN SHOW?

For the record, here are the TV shows I missed from V FOR VENDETTA.

"Storm Saxon" (SF action-adventure)

"You Have To Laugh" (sitcom)

"Interface" (investigative news)

Oh, and on the darker side you have "Battle Royale" (from the manga of the same name), where a high school class is stuck on an island until only one is left alive. While the concept may not work as described, the name could be used for any physically demanding mock-combat game show.