Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Maybe "crab cannon" is a euphamism for a method of receiving the crab louse? :nonp:

The Palindromedary gets crabby and says that's a lousy thing to imply.

Hey! What am I doing down here in the tagline?

The Palindromedary gets crabby and says that's a lousy thing to imply.

Hey! What am I doing down here in the tagline?

Reversing your perspective on things so you can see matters from two sides?

Or perhaps you harbor a "secret" desire to go both ways . . . ?

Randomly from the table at large...

"Would anyone think a good game could be called 'Monkeys with Nunchuks'?"

Too bad I already have my character for the upcoming anime/wild martial arts/wuxia/watever the heck they call it game.

Lucius Alexander

On the other hand, I have another palindromedary...

...damnit' date=' now I have ideas. Oh well, I'll just shelve it for the next game proposal.[/quote']

Monkeys with nunchukas (lazer as well as regular) are in Cyber Ninja Pirates in Space, the game I'm (SLOWLY, damn me) writing. :straight:

I just had to mention it so it was known that when you see it, don't think it was inspired here (no offense!).

On the other hand, I don't think I have any specific example characters among the monkeys who actually use nunchukas, IIRC, I'm not positive, but it's a strong probability for any players as martial arts (and therefore nunchukas) and monkeys and especially monkeys with martial arts are very common in the game.

Now I'm getting flashes of Shao Lin from Captain Simian and The Space Monkeys. I loved (still do, really) that show.

Trivia: Captain Simian was voiced Jerry Doyle, of Babylon 5 fame.

Lucius' Old Palendromedary says "Check. It's a top/bottom bunk thing," and then leaves, never to return. :D

From my old L5R game, on the second session the characters were fighting goblins (called bakemono in that world). I showed them a picture of one which was captioned with the name for them.

P1: "Hey, we're fighting bakemonos." (Only the player pronounced the first part bake, rhyming with cake).

Jokes about baked monos and wonderings if they were evil creations of Keebler Elves went around the table for the next few times goblins appeared. :doi:

Technicality got to do her first presence attack in last night's Vendetta Rhapsody game:

"So far I've shown some restraint. Back off now or I'm going to Lose. My. Patience!"

More quotes from last night's Vendetta Rhapsody game --

Michael: "Rushuna never fought the moon."

GM: "Does Koyotie have a plan?"

Michael: "Heck no, I'm making this up as I go."

GM: "There's no PowerPoint in Dark Champions!"

GM: "Does your battlesuit have a USB port?"

GM: "Guns don't grow on trees."

Melanie: "The Uzi fairy brings them."

Dar'c Tangent: "Send Blitzkrieg to get her. Be discreet."

Michael: "Discreet? That's not in his vocabulary."

OOC comment on the choice of cardboard hero for a PC: "Blitzkrieg is Professor Muerte?"

Dar'c Tangent (totaling up damage to an agent): "17 BODY, 55 STUN."

Jay: "Activate clones."

Dar'c Tangent: "...and 6 inches Knockback."

GM (to said agent): "Go to your room."

Michael's comment on a trailer full of mooks: "So, this is the agent Pez dispenser?"

Nestor: "That would have been bad if I'd ended up with Mudshark on my face."

Ross: "We've got them out numbered."

Michael: "Yeah, their unconscious guys outnumber our unconscious guys."

If you're worried the explanation will offend someone on the board' date=' you can just send it to me via PM.[/quote']

It's not that, I't just I don't recall the context exactly -- other than Mudshark is a criminal with (presumed) superhuman powers.

GM: "Does your battlesuit have a USB port?"

Funny, that one has shown up in my games before. Although "power armor" and "your head" have been substituted for "battlesuit"

Anyway, one from earlier tonight:

About four months ago two of the group's players couldn't make it, so myself, the GM and the other player did an Unknown Armies one-shot instead. Now, to avoid Champions burnout the GM has decided to run Unknown Armies for a month. Tonight those other two players were designing their characters.

While they did that we reviewed in rather graphic detail our encounter with a hermaphroditic, blobbish hentai monster. One player (Bundt Cake from my previous story) was writing a few last things on his character sheet and not paying attention. Just as we finish the story he says "How do you spell 'swallow'?"

A "mook" is a term (generally derogatory) used for "agents" or "normals" operating on the illegal side of the law.

Basically it's a vehicle full of (nameless) criminals.

I know what a "mook" is. I'll was questioning context and terminology, which Susano explained.

Monkeys with nunchukas (lazer as well as regular) are in Cyber Ninja Pirates in Space, the game I'm (SLOWLY, damn me) writing. :straight: *Snip*

How about the following as a title?

The High School Adventures of Neo Cyber Mega Ninja Demon Pirates from Super Magic Space Dimension X

That way you can cover a whole heap of anime styles in one game :D

Guest steamteck

I'm running a fantasy game and the players were captured and chained in a dungeon. One is a highlander style immortal who has escaped before by taunting the villian into running him through and disposing of the "body. This time however they are facing an insane wizard who uses these carnivorous ape things as his weapons. The player says after belittling the villian "if I were you I'd kill me mow!" Youu're right "said the wizard and had the monster eat his face off and they tossed him in the ape pitt. My wife's character escaped and rescued before too much eating and asked "why'd you do that". He said " I thought he'd stab me". She said "But he had a monster not a sword!"

Guest steamteck

Same player different character sevaral years ago. He was playing a hawkeye type character, Nightwolf and Sinanju, another member on this board who was kind of playing a humanoid Pak protector was with him. They're fighting this upper crust extremely beautiful and vain sorceress. She and her minions capture them but not before Nightwolf hits her with a gas that makes her throw up all over herself. They wake up dangling over a huge pit with dinosaur sized scorpians within. Nightwolf immediately starts taunting her about throwing up and how it improved her appearance while Sinanju is screaming "i'm not with him! I don't know him!"

Guest steamteck

Same player. Attacks a general planing to conquer the world in the general's home base. The general says "now I will crush you" The player says "You and what army?" the general points over his shoulder "that one."

And I'm sorry' date=' bigdamnhero, but you DON'T win the no-prize. The Ghost Busters was a different show from The Monster Squad, although I'm sure both used the same corny "ray-gun" joke. Or maybe you DO win a no-prize, because The Monster Squad may have stolen it from The Ghost Busters; a check of wikipedia indicates their series ran 1976-77. I don't think I ever saw The Ghost Busters, except of course for the much later movie that apparently had nothing in common except being funny and about ghosts.[/quote']

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that show. Ah well, close enough. ;)