Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"He was wearing armor!!!" - Johnny Bam (team brick) whenever the currently comatose and on life-support Mechassassin is mentioned.

"And who the hell puts an activation roll on armor?" Me, right after making the aforementioned Johnny Bam comment.

....Why 3?

I think it's short for something like "3rd daughter of the last Emperor's favorite concubine" or something like that.

She's from a culture that doesn't believe in giving slaves names, apparently.

But I'm sure Drhoz or someone else actually playing in the game can explain it better than I do. Along with how Vitus gets around the 14th Amendment.

Lucius Alexander

The Palindromedary remarks that we're just studying 3 as part of research and development on Palindromedary Enterprise's Interdimensional Babes Project. Or trying to. Vitus is keeping her pretty busy.

Actually Lucius, you've hit it head on. I believe that that is her full name at the moment. As for the 14th ammendment, she's not in this relationship against her will. She has had her rights explained to her, and she has refused to leave Vitus, flat out. Legally, it's being viewed as a dominant/submissive relationship, for now. 3 has been doing some interesting things lately, like complaining vocally to other people and her master about her master's inadequate performance. Suffice to say, as she still refers to herself as a concubine, this is cause for some sniggering with regards to Vitus. Suddenly, all his grandiose behaviour starts to make a lot more sense. :P

"No, no, no. We're not negotiating with the guy. We're not gonna give him what he wants, whether it's 1000 deer or the Santa costume from the Nar-Cola commercials. We're gonna do what heroes always do--we're gonna find the bad guy, beat th'bejesus outta him, and hand 'im over to the folks at Stronghold so they can let him escape in 6 months to do it again."

-Hornet,when an UNTIL Major suggested that perhaps negotiating with Foxbat was something they should consider

Deja vu . . . :confused:

I knew I'd seen this before:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1004206#post1004206

I just did a cut and paste of our quotes section. And while yes, that particular quote was also done by Hermit (post 1754, page 117 of this thread), I wasn't going to research them.

For those that like a little history, this post might add some humor (Foxbat using WMD).

A few from Saturday's fantasy game:

The city guard arrives on the scene:

GM: You hear the pounding of boots, and turn to see 8 pairs of eyes. The sergeant of the guard approaches you.

PC: “Hi. Why do you have 8 pairs of eyes?”

(GM shakes his head sadly)

A player describes his female PC: “She’s haughty.” “No, not hottie!”

A "Lady Of The Evening" comes on to my paladin, who starts stuttering and fidgeting uncomfortably, no idea how to handle the situation. Moments later, a player asks where a certain item is.

GM: “Over there behind the Stammering Paladin.”

Player 1: “Wow, that’s a great name for an Inn!”

Player 2: “Or a brothel!”

…And so it came to pass that there is now a brothel in the Milandesian city of Lustia called the Stammering Paladin. :D

I love this thread.

From the same Mutants and Masterminds game as my previous.

My character, Commander Nova, has been duplicated by a Fetch - basically a spirit who knows what I know and looks just like me. This Zombie Master fellow we'd only just discovered recently, magically bound, in a coffin, offers to help us in exchange for letting him go. He becomes very irritating.

This goes on for a while - he finally points out that leaving him there is basically allowing an evil necromancer to have access to his vast Zombie Powers.

Cmdr Nova (Me) : "Better the devil you don't know, than the devil you don't like."

Zombie Master : "Oh, ow."

We were trapped in a nether-realm between the land of the living and the land of the dead.. and our conclusion lead us to a graveyard, where there were stones with our names on them. The obvious conclusion was that we'd have to dig our way back to the land of the living.

The cat-girl begins, using her natural talons, to dig her way home, her PC pantomiming the scraping of dirt.

Me : "You should've thought've that before we left!"

Select Quotes from Session 1 of Vendetta Rhapsody

The GM to a PC: "You've got Stealth, but... you're working with Blitzkrieg."

Jay as a nameless thug (OOC): "Excuse me, I'd like to be arrested now, please."

Contained on the invitation to meet other supers: "That's too stupid to be a set-up."

The St. Louis Area Night Time (All The News That's Fit To SLANT) comment on Koyotie: "I bet she does it like a weasel."

GM: "[character] Lowers himself down like a big steel spider."

Nestor (OOC): "Y'mean it's coming out of his... never mind."

Comment on Blitzkrieg's plan to "scout": "If he wants to stick his head up there and get it shot off... Be my guest."

Rule Number 1: Everyone retains their autonomy.

Rule Number Two: There is no rule number two.

We're having trouble with the automatic die roller on my HeroCentral game. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Player 1:

[HIT,OCV9]

What am I doing wrong here?

[HIT,OCV9]

Edited on Sunday, December 10, 2006 06:46:14 PM by XXXX

[HIT,OCV9]

Edited on Sunday, December 10, 2006 06:47:06 PM by XXXX

No brackets?

HIT,OCV9

Edited on Sunday, December 10, 2006 06:47:58 PM by XXXX

Works fine in the die roller, why not here?

[HIT,OCV9]

Edited on Sunday, December 10, 2006 06:49:55 PM by XXXX

GM, please roll a "to hit" for me, and delete this post.

Edited on Sunday, December 10, 2006 06:51:14 PM by XXXX

GM (me) tries to help:

[To hit, OCV 9]

EDIT: (I think you've put the whammy on me!)

Hit, OCV 9

Edited on Sunday, December 10, 2006 08:03:24 PM by Kirby

Next post of mine:

HIT, OCV 9: (13, hits DCV 7 or lower) Sunday, December 10, 2006 08:08:16.247 PM

HIT, OCV9: (12, hits DCV 8 or lower) Sunday, December 10, 2006 08:08:16.248 PM

Hit, OCV 9

Hit, OCV9

[To Hit, OCV 9]

[To Hit, OCV9]

To Hit, OCV 9

To Hit, OCV9

Followed by this post (testing a theory):

HIT, OCV 9: (8, hits DCV 12 or lower) Sunday, December 10, 2006 08:13:07.418 PM

HIT, OCV 9: (11, hits DCV 9 or lower) Sunday, December 10, 2006 08:13:07.419 PM

[To HIT, OCV 9]

[To Hit, OCV 9]

HIT, OCV 9

Hit, OCV 9

TO HIT, OCV 9

to hit, OCV 9

Player 2 on his thread: (listing it incorrectly)

{Perception}, {13-)

{AK: Millennium City},{11-}

Next post, player 2:

Kirby,

I apparently need a more detailed explanation on how to do this. I'm sorry if I am becoming a burden or a hindrance.

Player 1 helps with post titled "was having trouble with this myself":

PERCEPTION, 13-: (14, failed by 1) Monday, December 11, 2006 05:38:19.134 PM

Brackets, not braces, and all caps, not like example. Put a space after the comma, that's where I was having problems.

PERCEPTION, 13-: (9, succeeded by 4) Monday, December 11, 2006 05:38:19.134 PM

Strange, didn't think that first one would work. Let me try this

!PERCEPTION, 13-: (13, succeeded by 0) Monday, December 11, 2006 05:40:16.687 PM

Only without the !

Couldn't get it to work last night, now can't get it to stop. PERCEPTION, 13-: (8, succeeded by 5) Monday, December 11, 2006 05:42:21.501 PM on it's own line.

Let's try this

(PERCEPTION, 13-) only [ and ] instead of ( and )

Edited on Monday, December 11, 2006 05:40:16 PM by XXXX

Edited on Monday, December 11, 2006 05:42:21 PM by XXXX

Edited on Monday, December 11, 2006 05:44:23 PM by XXXX

To me, the funniest line has to be:

Couldn't get it to work last night, now can't get it to stop because of all the problems we're having (which I'm not having on my other games on HC).

....Why 3?

I think it's short for something like "3rd daughter of the last Emperor's favorite concubine" or something like that.

She's from a culture that doesn't believe in giving slaves names, apparently.

close - *second* favourite concubine. No doubt they're some interesting political reason why she hasn't got more status in the Tanashim culture than she does, and why they (and she) prefer to use her for entertaining (and spying on) VIP guests, but Vitus hasn't bothered to ask and 3 isn't saying

But I'm sure Drhoz or someone else actually playing in the game can explain it better than I do. Along with how Vitus gets around the 14th Amendment.

The Palindromedary remarks that we're just studying 3 as part of research and development on Palindromedary Enterprise's Interdimensional Babes Project.

She'll be so flattered

Or trying to. Vitus is keeping her pretty busy.

not as busy as she'ld like.

And she's not so pleased with having to cook, either. SERVING food, on the other hand - but there are supposed to be other slaves to do the dirty work.

Actually Lucius' date=' you've hit it head on. I believe that that is her full name at the moment. As for the 14th ammendment, she's not in this relationship against her will. She has had her rights explained to her, and she has refused to leave Vitus, flat out. Legally, it's being viewed as a dominant/submissive relationship, for now. 3 has been doing some interesting things lately, like complaining vocally to other people and her master about her master's inadequate performance. Suffice to say, as she still refers to herself as a concubine, this is cause for some sniggering with regards to Vitus. Suddenly, all his grandiose behaviour starts to make a lot more sense. :P[/quote']

Grandiose? Monstrously arrogant and pathologically insane, perhaps, but grandiose? Vitus actually thinks he lives quite humbly - but then, he's pathologically insane.

Remembered one from a game years ago.

I was running a villain who is unstable temporaly and has a whole time-delay theme. His name is Countdown.

He breaks into the PC's company's warehouse one night to steal some tech.

The next morning, the PC's assistant tells him;

"It will take a while to take a proper inventory. Some of the things he stole are still here."

A couple from last night's session.

Two of the group are sent into a trap and completely mindcontrolled/mental illusioned. the rest of the group showed up. The two of us rush up to attack them (seeing them as bad guys) and I'm waiting for a "What are you doing, it's us, snap out of it." What we get is our huge brick saying "I'll take care of these two, the rest of you take our target."

Later in the battle various bystanders in the battle drop their illusions, so the 1 bad guy turns out to be sextuplets (well, duplication) and out computer wiz says "I think these guys may be connected."

While confronting the purveyors of illegal seafoods, Silver Sentinel, the team gadgeteer who pretends to be an alien sorcerer, demands the surrender of the enemies.

"Place your weapons down and your pants on your heads!!!!"

Seizure: That's HANDS!

OOC: The Night's player: You know guys, pants is funnier, but also works.

Street samurai sitting at a table in a dive bar attempts to use his legs to push his chair back to fall then roll up onto his feet drawing his sword off his back in one motion. He fails his role badly. He ends pushing his chair back and then falling backwards while still sitting in his chair gripping the sword strapped across his back.

"That was so much more impressive in my head."

Street samurai sitting at a table in a dive bar attempts to use his legs to push his chair back to fall then roll up onto his feet drawing his sword off his back in one motion. He fails his role badly. He ends pushing his chair back and then falling backwards while still sitting in his chair gripping the sword strapped across his back.

"That was so much more impressive in my head."

LOL.

I like ones where something embarrassing happens to the macho guy, but he rolls with it.

From my new Fantasy HERO game:

The heroes have been asked to stop a group of adventurers who've taken the name of the legendary Fearless Monster Hunters, and who are besmirching that almost-mythic name by being terribly incompetant. The PCs' would-be patron is practically begging them to take on the task:

Patron: If you can rekindle the flame of Fearless Monster Hunter legend, then your room and board and all your expenses are on the house! If you fail, well... I’m keeping a tab.

-----

And later in the game, two of the (female) PCs are trying to find some... ahem... gentlemen companionship for the evening. The human isn't having much luck, but Kaira the hobbit finds an interested male-hobbit without too much trouble.

Kaira (to her new boyfriend): Have you got a friend for her? (pointing at the other PC)

New Boyfriend: I've got two friends who can stand on each others' shoulders... :winkgrin:

Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice...Inc.

Shockwave: "So let me get this straight...Doctor Destroyer is taking over all of reality?"

Sentinel: "Along with some joker named Kreuzritter."

Shockwave: "Wow, I picked a really bad time to become the idol of millions."

And...an old romance rekindled?

Mach: "So, what exactly is up with you and Iron maiden?"

Sentinel: "Nothing really, we just flirt a bit. I think she likes Titan actually."

Mach: "Good. I'd hate for you to have to see what happens if I take a screwdriver to your armor at Mach 12."

And...a new one ignited?

Titan: "It's okay, I didn't get a hold of him the way I wanted, but I think I still smacked him a good 10 klicks."

Iron Maiden: "That was pretty impressive Titan."

Titan *grins*: "Shucks ma'am, t'weren't nuthin." *winks* "I was just lucky to get in a good position under him."

Iron Maiden: "Interesting. You know, I can think of a few other positions that involve you being under someone that might work."

Titan *blinks*