Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Session 17 of Shadows Angelus --

Jama after her interview with a lecherous Internal Affairs officer: "I'd have liked that better if I'd felt like my clothes were on when he was talking to me."

Brogan: "Were they?"

Jama: "Not in his eyes."

GM: "Hemelshot, Phase 12, you've just wrecked your car."

Michael: "Oh heck, this is anime. Jama's magic circle is going to draw itself."

GM: "You get a +1 to your Magic Skill roll for that."

Brogan rolls a 17 for his research: "His name is Jonah Hart, millionaire. He owns a mansion and a yacht."

Brogan (later to the vehicle pool clerk who's complaining how the Squad destroys vehicles): "Can't spell 'requisition' without 'req' ["wreck"]."

During the Mind over Matter Playtest:

Hyperdrive, after piledriving Frost while he beats on the team brick, Gibraltar: "Keep away from my BIG friend!"

Partacel: I guess you're not as tough as you think you are, Death Commando! Chew on this, Antenna-head!

Death Commando: That's the best you can do, is antenna he-NNNGH!

Characters are staring at a tuning fork labeled with a frequency in 4th dimensional mathematics.

Hyperdrive: Oh, this is easy, I was doing stuff like this when I was ten.

Partacel: Don't get cocky, Hyperdrive.

Magus: What IS that thing?

Event of the Week:

Gibraltar has Stinger grabbed, and I, of course, roll the dice for him to bite Gibraltar and hopefully break himself free.

Me: Well, looks like Stinger just rolled an 18. Looks like Stinger bites himself.

(Dead silence from the players before hysterical laughter) GM rolls damage. OW. Stinger takes 25 stun.

Tonight was the finale of a short Unknown Armies campaign, and with at least 5 years of Vampire under my belt, I can say this is easily the single darkest game I've ever participated in.

An OOC quote referencing how we were about to quite literally save the universe sums it up:

"Can I take 2 shots at 2 adjacent babies?"

Heroes have returned from the gates of Hell and are now going after Ravager (who sent them to Hell in the first place) and his pet supervillains. They locate them in a crowded nightclub, Casa Diablo.

Squeeze: (Idly contemplating) If I throw a rubber ball into a woodchipper, will Hellhound chase after it?

(Synergy is heading upstairs to face Hellhound)

Serendipity: Why are you going up there? Ravager's down here!

Synergy: *I'm* the one with the blessed fire extinguisher!

(Synergy later sprays Hangman with the blessed fire extinguisher, and is surprised it doesn't do anything to him)

Styx explains: He's not evil, he's just stupid.

Styx (hitting Electrocutioner with a chair to avoid his damage shield): Have a seat!

Next phase...

GM: Okay, Electrocutioner blasts at you and misses. What do you do?

Styx: I give him the chair...

Electrocutioner KO's Sentinel with an RKA, rolling 16 BODY and then a 6 to win the STUN lotto. She's waaaaaay out, well into GM Discretion Land, but every phase I tell her to go ahead and take a Recovery. After a few Phases of this, I begin telling her to also reduce her INT by one.

Sentinel's player: What, am I burning INT to recover?!

Sentinel is finally coming to, she's gagging on some liquid and hears a woman say, "Brad, I don't think that's going to help her. And where'd you get a bottle of Everclear, anyway?"

Player: Whats the name of the Rap group playing at the club?

GM: "Run DNPC"

---------------------

Fenris: C'mon! Were all going out to a strip club! :D

Basilisk (team mope): Cant I just stay here and be sexualy frustrated for free?

---------------------

*Heroes arrive at the scene where about 15 bikers are performing a mystical ritual*

Bastion: Looks like your spell failed! You summoned HEROES instead! :celebrate

Player: Whats the name of the Rap group playing at the club?

GM: "Run DNPC"

And Lo! The Fourth Wall is forever sundered and all the peices scatterred about the world. (Hmmm... sounds like a good idea for a comedic FH story..)

Fenris: C'mon! Were all going out to a strip club! :D

Basilisk (team mope): Cant I just stay here and be sexualy frustrated for free?

Basilisk has a good point.

*Heroes arrive at the scene where about 15 bikers are performing a mystical ritual*

Bastion: Looks like your spell failed! You summoned HEROES instead! :celebrate

Makes me wonder what they were trying to summon...

In the middle of a battle where Mutants have attacked an anti-Mutant Senator during a televised speech, Troubleshooter gets a call on his helmet commlink.

Troubleshooter: Yeah? (Ow! that hurt)

Shamus: Hey, kid. I got some good news and some bad news for ya.

Troubleshooter: *fighting noises* Whats the good news?

Shamus: I know where The Dominion hides out.

Troubleshooter: Yeah? Theyre here right now (THAT was close!) Whats the bad news?

Shamus: You guys look like sh*t on TV.

You guys look like sh*t on TV.

------------------------------------:snicker:

Description of what a PC is doing:

Don finishes lunch quickly before he gets back to the more mundane world of end-of-year tax filings and audit papers. It's a welcome break, really, before he knows that he's going to be expected to strap explosives to his legs and set them off.

Got a few here,

From Weldun's Game:

The Edge team is searching for PSI in Millennium City (far from their usual stomping grounds on the West Coast). One of the members apparently wants to defect, and has begun a romantic relationship with the team mentalist, Zero. Searching the phone book, we ddiscover they still have their old phone number listed.

Terminus: 'That was from before they were declared outlaws."

Zero: "Did they leave a forwarding address?"

Having found them, Zero mentally tries to communicate with his lady love:

Zero: Waaah! Wah!

Terminus: Words Please!

Zero: They've taken away her brain!

This was shortly followed by a patented Edge Blitzkrieg Attack on the building PSI was in. 7 Seconds was all it took to either subdue or cow into surrender all the members of PSI. Not that there weren't incidents, such as Trawler doing enough damage to the building in one hit to technically break a four kilometer hole in the wall...

OOC: Luke Skywalker was a wimp! That vent only had a DCV of three!

My Game:

Void: (Communicating over a Skype-equipped laptop) "This is brilliant! I have a volume control for Vitus!"

Felicity: (Having just nailed one of the Slug's elder worm henchthings) "I think we've run over these things before."

Not that there weren't incidents' date=' such as [b']Trawler [/b]doing enough damage to the building in one hit to technically break a four kilometer hole in the wall...
:shock: How much damage do you do to create a four kilometer hole? :confused: Did he destroy the entire building?

Not that there weren't incidents, such as Trawler doing enough damage to the building in one hit to technically break a four kilometer hole in the wall...

How did he manage that? IIRC, you destroy an extra hex in each direction of whatever you hit per extra point of body you do. How did he manage to do 1000 extra body damage?

Today wasn't really a gaming session, but I was discussing character concepts for an upcoming Champions game with some friends.

Me: "Please, please, don't play as the Lincoln Memorial."

My friend: "How about..."

Me: "No Ben Franklin either."

How did he manage that? IIRC' date=' you destroy an extra hex in each direction of whatever you hit per extra point of body you do. How did he manage to do 1000 extra body damage?[/quote']

I thought you doubled the size of the hole for every extra BODY....

I thought you doubled the size of the hole for every extra BODY....

Bingo. Trawler is the team brick - he shoulder charged an ordinary brick wall...

As I said, technically a 4KM hole. The GM just decided that side of the building fell down...

For those of us who have FREd instead of 5ER' date=' would you tell us the section that the ruling is under?[/quote']

Umm... Breaking things... at the end of that section in the paragraph under the Wall BODY heading. Last sentence. :)

Umm... Breaking things... at the end of that section in the paragraph under the Wall BODY heading. Last sentence. :)

In FREd it can be found on page 304 under Wall Body. (I have both books :D)

Thank you both, I'll go read that section again.

Our one brick (Canadian Crusher) decided he needed a ranged attack for a fight that was coming up. He decided to buy over a dozen bowling balls, and proceeded to color them with a red maple leaf on live tv (a lot of press was anticipating the fight). We imaged how the villan would respond:

Villain: "They're not taking me seriously! That one is painting his balls!"