Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Hyper: Okay' date=' how many dice do I roll If I just dropped [i']half[/i] the building on her?

All of them, of course.

Major Tom :D

A poster seen outside of Volt's room in the base and promptly copied by all: "I'm lost. I've gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait." The next week in addition "I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?" later (the first one never disappears) "Bad planning or a mistake on your part does not create an emergency on my part." Continuing "Expert. Someone from out of town." "If it sits on your desk for 15 minutes you are the expert." "Expert: from ex: has been or used to be. and spurt -Drip under pressure. Therefore an expert is a has been drip under pressure." " I can only handle one thing a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look so good either." "Never let anything mechanical know you are in a hurry." "Please take your silly problem to someone who cares." "I only have one nerve left, and your'e getting on it."

They are starting to wonder what is next. Volt says he'll run out .... eventually.

A poster seen outside of Volt's room in the base and promptly copied by all: "I'm lost. I've gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait." The next week in addition "I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?" later (the first one never disappears) "Bad planning or a mistake on your part does not create an emergency on my part." Continuing "Expert. Someone from out of town." "If it sits on your desk for 15 minutes you are the expert." "Expert: from ex: has been or used to be. and spurt -Drip under pressure. Therefore an expert is a has been drip under pressure." " I can only handle one thing a day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look so good either." "Never let anything mechanical know you are in a hurry." "Please take your silly problem to someone who cares." "I only have one nerve left, and your'e getting on it."

They are starting to wonder what is next. Volt says he'll run out .... eventually.

Those aren't exactly unique quotes, though. I've heard of at least half of them from over 20 years ago. :nonp:

In Our Fantasy Hero game, we are cleansing yon dungeon full of goblinoids.

many have enhanced strength, due to a spell worked upon them by their shamans.

The goblins let maggots host upon them, and the more maggots grow,

the stronger the goblin becomes, due to some sick necro-symbiosis. :sick:

Anyways, the bigger the Ork or Hobgoblin, the more maggots thereon,

and the higher the STR.

At the greater levels the infestation becomes so high that it forms a sort of living

shirt on the Ork. Gross special FX, and gross damage classes, and As if this was not

gross enough, the later ones had enough extra maggots on their "shirts" to spell out

menacing words, such as DOOM-BLADE, or HELL-HAND, etc.

except for the last one my paladin felled, whose shirt's message had not

been set by the shaman, and the maggots just kept spelling out 12:00 over and over

and the higher the STR.

At the greater levels the infestation becomes so high that it forms a sort of living

shirt on the Ork. Gross special FX, and gross damage classes, and As if this was not

gross enough, the later ones had enough extra maggots on their "shirts" to spell out

been set by the shaman, and the maggots just kept spelling out 12:00 over and over

:lol:

Guest Major Tom

and the higher the STR.

Yet another victory for the Holy Knights of St. Terminix...

Major Tom :sneaky:

Those aren't exactly unique quotes' date=' though. I've heard of at least half of them from over 20 years ago. :nonp:[/quote']

Yes, along with this old classic of three cartoon guys collapsed with laughter, captioned "You want it WHEN?"

I did something similar with t-shirts in an old online game I was in (Vampire, mostly). My favorite was semi-original, though - "My sire made me one of the bloodsucking undead and all I got was this stupid t-shirt".

I always wanted to have one made up to wear at an actual LARP so I could wait for the first person to call me on a "Masquerade breach".

I did something similar with t-shirts in an old online game I was in (Vampire, mostly). My favorite was semi-original, though - "My sire made me one of the bloodsucking undead and all I got was this stupid t-shirt".

I always wanted to have one made up to wear at an actual LARP so I could wait for the first person to call me on a "Masquerade breach".

Not quite what you're looking for, but close:

http://www.cafepress.com/teh_bunneh.138955951

:D

A Quote worthy of LotR

Scene: One Demon morbane, two supervillains and 10 demons (not agents, but infernal beasts) in a room versus one PC.

Demon morbane: One versus thirteen? I think I like these odds. Have you any last words?

Ronin: I think you overestimate your chances....considering I'm the one...and you're the thirteen, but if this is my final battle, then I shall not enter the afterlife alone!

:thumbup:

Ronin OOC after the scene (in greater detail) is described to him: HOLY [bLEEP]-ing CRAP!!! Hoo boy...

Ronin's thought bubble after his speech: oO(Nice talk, Ronin, but without backup, you ARE as good as dead.)

Re: A Quote worthy of LotR

Scene: One Demon morbane, two supervillains and 10 demons (not agents, but infernal beasts) in a room versus one PC.

Demon morbane: One versus thirteen? I think I like these odds. Have you any last words?

Ronin: I think you overestimate your chances....considering I'm the one...and you're the thirteen, but if this is my final battle, then I shall not enter the afterlife alone!

:thumbup:

Ronin OOC after the scene (in greater detail) is described to him: HOLY [bLEEP]-ing CRAP!!! Hoo boy...

Ronin's thought bubble after his speech: oO(Nice talk, Ronin, but without backup, you ARE as good as dead.)

Oh sure..until you spring that OTHER nasty surprise...no spoilers on my part, but as if I wasn't worried enough about being outnumbered... :)

Rob

found some quotes...

From our Sunday Game two weeks ago

PCs are planning. . .

Tweezer: We could dress Sergei up like a goat.

GM fiddling on his computer while the PCs are planning some more

Tweezer: After all this is over we are going to have an intervention

*Mission Impossible Theme blares from the GMs laptop surprising everyone - including him.*

From the mid-week Champions game, also a few weeks ago.

Built To Last (comforting a hapless normal who got caught in a trap with us): Remember those stamps you bought last week? You're still at the post office.

Inertia: I flash him.

GM: You . . . Flash . . . Him?

(not the power flash, the other kind)

Smoke starts pouring out of Foxbat's contraption.

Built To Last: I think I beat the prophecy!

Inertia: And I don't have to marry Foxbat!

Inertia: I stop touching buttons.

And I have absolutely NO idea what the context of this one was, at all.

Enigma: I'll allow for a sauerkraut defense.

Session 5 of Shadows Angelus: Ten Years After

Chrysine (OOC): "Why did I try to drink out of my dice cup?"

Mitch (OOC): "Just as long as you don't try to roll dice out of your soda cup."

Mitch on his disguise: "He wants to look different, not stupid."

Diedre: "We could do this one of two ways. One: we can ask nicely. Or, two: we can create a scene, get taken into the back room, kick the bad guy's butt, and take over the building. Like they do in the movies."

Chrysine (OOC): "It's Didi-speak. If it was English you couldn't understand it anyways."

Diedre (OOC): "I look at the get-away car, I look at the guys in the black suits, I look at [Lieutenant Mitch Brogan] [and say]: (IC) 'He's a cop?'"

Mitch: "This isn't physics, this is driving."

Mitch: "What DEX a re we on?"

GM: "Zombies."

Mitch on the Ghostface's shrine: "It's a treefort for psychopaths."

Chrysine: "They are going to sue XSWAT for not preventing the dead from rising?"

Mitch: "Thank you Didi, what would I do without you?"

Dedire: "Die."

Random comment: "In Soviet Angelus, Entities eat you!"

Chrysine (OOC): "Session Six, the search for Mitch."

GM (after wrapping up the end of the session): "And next session will open with Mitch not showing up for work."

Chrysine (OOC): "Ahh... oops."

Not many quotes this week. We were half-way thru a fight with dozens of Destroyer-mooks.

E Magister
describes his clothing

Felicity
: "I just heard that as lingerie greatcoat"
:nonp:

E Magister
"Long. Grey. Greatcoat."

Felicity
"Still gave me a very disturbing mental image"

The Gunney ( Iron-man clone, Billionaire industrialist and, secretly, power-suited hero ) accidentally fries the Spectre-mobile.

The Spectre moans at the destruction.

Void OOC
: "Don't worry, we know a millionaire who'll be paying for the damage."

It starts looking like we'll survive this - most of the Mooks are out for the count, nobody's dead yet, and only 4 of the local apartment blocks have been knocked down.

GM
: "Doctor Destroyer arrives."

Vitus
wistfully
: "And we were doing so well."

The Gunney attempts to persuade Dr Destroyer that the Skeleton Crew have the world-threatening problem - Vitus - under control:

The Gunney
"Destroyer, you're over-reacting, we're handling the problem!"

Void
(
very very quietly
): "Yeah, bugger off bucket-head"
:hush:

Incredibly, we survive. And the only casualty is Destroyer himself. There may be quotes about this next time, especially when we have the press conference to give our version of events.

Altho we do speculate about what the destruction is going to do to Kingdom City property prices, less than a week after the latest newspaper editorials condemning the effect we're having on town.

Vitus
:"I can see the ads now - 'Come to Kingdom City - The Town That Ate Doctor Destroyer!'":idjit:

The Gunney ( Iron-man clone' date=' Billionaire industrialist and, secretly, power-suited hero )[/quote']I like how after you inform us that the Gunney is an Iron-man clone, you explain what an Iron-man clone is. You know, for those of us on a superhero RPG site who wouldn't know one of the Marvel staple characters. :D:winkgrin:

I like how after you inform us that the Gunney is an Iron-man clone' date=' you explain what an Iron-man clone is. You know, for those of us on a superhero RPG site who wouldn't know one of the Marvel staple characters. :D:winkgrin:[/quote']

Actually, I don't see that as unreasonable, seeming as Marvel seems to have forgotten who he is too, at least in it's main universe comics. They seemed to have confused him with Doctor Doom lately

Actually' date=' I don't see that as unreasonable, seeming as Marvel seems to have forgotten who he is too, at least in it's main universe comics. They seemed to have confused him with Doctor Doom lately[/quote']

:P Pffft! :tonguewav

Kirby--> :slap: <--Hermit

I like how after you inform us that the Gunney is an Iron-man clone' date=' you explain what an Iron-man clone is. You know, for those of us on a superhero RPG site who wouldn't know one of the Marvel staple characters. :D:winkgrin:[/quote']

Well, perhaps I exaggerate their similarities - The Gunney's never gone on a decade-long drinking binge, replaced his friends with psychotic clones, or started domestic warfare. :D

Well' date=' perhaps I exaggerate their similarities - The Gunney's never gone on a decade-long drinking binge, replaced his friends with psychotic clones, or started domestic warfare. :D[/quote']

Well, y'know when you're as rich as Tony Star, you need a really good hobby.

More quotes (mostly OCC it seems) from our Chronicles of the Agency Pulps Champions game. Enjoy!

Continuing after Dr Sorras' escape...

GM: What are you going to do about the dinosaurs?

Rocket Ranger: What we need is a big deserted island that we can just drop them on and leave 'em.

Clubber: Hey, I know an island for that - Berlin!

Havoc: Uhm, Berlin's not an island.

Clubber: Wait 'til the dinosaurs get done with it! :eg:

We start investigating the doctor's laboratory...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): I going to pull out a screwdriver and see if I can figure how to open up the time portal machine.

GM (OOC): Make a Peception roll.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Errg, failed by two. I guess I'm putting away the screwdriver and pulling out a sledgehammer.

Patriot (OOC): I think my Danger Sense just went off...

After hearing the list of "technical" skills Rocket Ranger has...

Patriot (OOC): You mean our science-techie character is just a glitzed up auto mechanic!

The heroes follow Dr Sorras through the time portal and arrive in the middle of a Roman chariot race!

Rocket Ranger (OOC): I just got run over by Ben-Hur!

Checking damage...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): I'm going go on the record with..."Ow."

Patriot (OOC): Oh, cowboy up, dude!

After several failed Dexterity rolls by Rocket Ranger...

Clubber (OOC): I step up to defend Rocket Clumsy here...

Taking a round to check the surroundings...

Rocket Ranger (OOC) : I look around just in case they, oh, they have rabid dinosaurs in cages nearby or something.

GM (OOC): No dinosaurs - but they do have a bunch of rabid lions in a nearby cage. :D

Rocket Ranger (OOC): :eek: ...uh, maybe I have some catnip somewhere...

Patriot is having too much fun...

Patriot: Don't you understand? We're battling real gladitorial chariots in the actual Colliseum!

Rocket Ranger: You're just a superpowered fanboy, aren't you?

Patriot's regenerative powers only work on American soil...

Rocket Ranger: Don't get yourself stabbed or anything. Remember, we're not in America anymore.

Patriot: Oh, yeah...um, Rome's kind of like America, right? Republics and all that?

Rocket Ranger has trouble keeping up with the party...

Clubber (OOC): Dude, you have a rocket pack! Fly up to us!

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Dude, we're in ancient Rome - where am I suppoed to find petrol to refuel this thing?

Tactics?

Clubber (OOC): I hop onto the lion cage and open the doors.

Patriot (OOC): You're releasing hungry lions on the Roman Legionnaries! :eek:

Clubber (OOC): No, I'm adding to the tactical confusion of the battlefield.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): No, dude, you're releasing hungry lions on the Roman Legionnaires!! :eek:

Nothing to say here... :)

Patriot (OOC): "Klonk" is not my war-cry.

Much is explained...

Rocket Ranger: I hate stairs! I hate climbing! Why do you think I invented a rocket pack?!

Remember - normals don't have much defense...

GM: The Legionnaire you hit is down to -19 STUN! He's out!

Patriot (OOC): Ow! I hit him hard 'cause I saw he was in heavy armor!

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Huh, Oculon moment there...

More "tactical" planning...

Rocket Ranger: I think I'll drop a bomb into that group.

Patriot: Do you have anything a little more discriminate?

Rocket Ranger: Discri-what?

In character bickering...

Patriot: You could take some of the pressure off us - you know, if you're not too busy.

Rocket Ranger: Well, if you really need the help.

Patriot: No, just want you to feel useful. ;)

Rocket Ranger: ... You're lucky Annabelle is within the blast radius. :mad:

Havoc: Yes, please don't long-range smushify us.

Rocket Ranger hits a Roman with an Entangle...

Patriot: Wow, that was a non-hurting type attack.

Rocket Ranger: Oh, yeah, I have loads of non-lethal attacks. It's just that lately we've been fighting, well, you know, DINOSAURS!

We escape from Ancient Rome to arrive...

GM: You step through the portal, feel the usual disorientation and surreal wierdness...and arrive in a dusty road. Bullets fly past you, fired by folks hidden behind stagecoaches.

Patriot: Okay, who had Old West in the betting pool?

Looking around and realizing his "teammates" have left him alone in the midst of the crossfire...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Okay, with a 'yippee-ki-what-the-hell,' I follow my teammates under cover.

Well, we're back in the USA again, right?

Patriot: Well, at least we're in America again so my powers work right!

GM: Actually, at this time period, the area is more of a territory.

Patriot: Curses! Defeated by the by-laws!!

Typical commentary with our group... :)

GM: The gunmen are sort of ragged and scruffy looking.

Patriot: Well, being scruffy looking isn't a crime - else I'd have to arrest Clubber.

Clubber: Hey! :mad:

More next week! (Or sooner if the Bunny remembers some lines that I didn't.)

Lonewalker