Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

A few quotes from a few sessions ago in the Wardens Chronicles campaign... I am trying to catch up on getting all of the sessions documented.

+++++

Karex - "Besides an alley is a great place to discuss secrets, just like in the movies"

+++++

Karex - "Alright if you are pierced with strange meteoric particles again, I will not help"

+++++

"Do you feel the rising of an ancient threat to fight which you have been preserved for five thousand years or so as to be here to face when it rises once more?" queries Karex.

Saldar and Judah look at him sternly before continuing their conversation.

"Is the threat pottery?" interrupts Karex, "Perhaps a dead Chinese emperor will arise and attack us with pottery soldiers. I think I saw it in a movie once."

"No," replies Judah.

"Well one strike wrong," chirps Karex.

+++++

Amber - "Is this how you normally greet people?"

Amethyst - "No this is not how we normally welcome visitors to the Wardens base. I am Amethyst, this is Eon, and that is Karex. You should know him. He is always in the news being a prob... um, saving people."

Just a few from our D&D 4.0 game --

One of our party (can't recall who) decides he's going to try talking to a group of orcs.

PC: I speak pidgin orc.

Neru: Pidgin Orc? What is that, pointing and grunting?

Due to a misunderstanding about orcs' place in the game world, our barbarian warrior Grisel (who was once half-orc) was rewritten between game sessions to now be a completely different race.

Merick (to Grisel): There's something different about you, lass, isn't there? Don't tell me, I'll figure it out. It's your hair, isn't it? You got it braided, right?

The party is ambushed by a group of orcs, including a witch doctor who is making Merick's life very difficult. Finally, Neru and Merick are free to take out the witch doctor.

Neru (singing): I told the witch doctor, I'm going to cut you.

Didn't actually get to start this week's session, and the aftermath of McGinty's boisterous severing of contact with his fraternal lodge, because we had to rush to hospital. A pity, because this week would have seen a return of Dr Alicia McPool, fully recovered from her broken ankles if not from the screaming inside her head, and the introduction of Aldous Mann, a shaved gorilla of such intimidating appearance that he makes even McGinty nervous. Nonetheless, a variety of good quotes from what we DID get done.

Aldous, despite his skill as a boxer, can't make ends meet because nobody will bet against him. Most weeks he has to sleep in his truck.

Rondale OOC
: How about we hire him for $2 a day to stand in the corner and make his pecs dance?

Aldous OOC
: Make it three and you gotta deal. Hooray! I can eat this week!

GM
: Sorry I'm late this week - I had to sic the cops on a guy that was riding his motorbike standing up, without helmet or lights, and kicking at pedestrians as he went past.

McGinty's Player
: ......Wow.

Rondale's Player
: Sounds like a PC!

McGinty
: We don't need another driver, we've already got me!

GM
: I could break both your legs, would that help?

Rondale OOC
: McGinty's the driver, I'm Radar O'Reilly

GM
: Do you have a stuffed teddybear?

This strikes them as a good idea, and the group now want a teddybear as mascot. Stuffed with high explosive.

Rondale
: Just pull the arm off and throw!

On a fairly regular basis Rondale & McGinty's players go off on a tangent, as Billy-Bob and Joe Boy, Slack-jawed Yokels vs. The Mythos. This week I threatened that I'd actually run a campaign for such, if the MoN Companion doesn't come out soon. The result was 15 minutes of Rednecks vs. Cthulhu.

GM
: I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Givetti/Aldous's Player
: Uh huh.

GM
: At least I won't have any problems with them actually
reading
the tomes.

GM
: You know, in Lovecraftian horror it's usually the
bad guys
that are inbred.

GM
: And you learned how to count with your fingers and toes. All 24 of them.

New campaign, new characters, 4th edition DnD

Cast

Andraste, Eladrin Warlock (Infernal Pact)

Theren, Elven Ranger

Adinimys, Drow Cleric (of Corollon)

James, Half Elf Paladin (of The Raven Queen)

Sepheryis, Shade Assassin (shadow elf)

Perrin, Halfling Rogue

Zombies...

Adinimys: The zombies were ordered to guard the cavern with thier lives.

Andraste: Well, that was easy.

Hobgoblin is having a bad day...

James: So, the hobgoblin has been marked and challenged by me, declared to be the hunter's quarry by Theren, cursed by Andraste, illuminated by darkfire by Adinimys, and shrouded by Sepheris.

Adinimys: He doesn't feel good about himself now.

GM announces a attack

GM: The goblin shaman casts a spell, centered on the paladin

All players: Oh, crap.

The goblins attack the town

Theren: We can't win this!

Sepherys: We can win if we fight a running battle.

Andraste: We can win if we can throw enough townsfolk into thier path.

A few quotes from a few sessions ago in the Wardens Chronicles campaign... I am still trying to catch up on getting all of the sessions documented, three down four more to go...

+++++

"So they're illegal aliens," states Karex.

"No, they're from Florida," replies Eon

+++++

Amethyst asks Indigo how criminals like thieves are punished on her world.

"We usually hang them," Indigo calmly replies.

"I believe that they are starting to send paranormal prisoners to an alternate dimension," says Eon.

"They do not, Eon," responds Amethyst while glaring at Eon.

Karex questions if sending prisoners to another dimension would be advisable as how would the authorities pay them a surprise visit, "In case they are illegal drug dealers."

After some more discussion on crime and punishment, Indigo has become a bit surprised by Eon's comments and asks, "Are you always this cynical."

"Amethyst is on this end and Karex is on the other. Me, I am in the middle," replies Eon.

+++++

"We did not intentionally violate the Radley-Gold Act," says Amber.

+++++

Eon says that if Dot Dash is going to be using cat tunnels then she could also catch mice.

"She can ride the mouse," interjects Indigo.

"Whee...," exclaims Dot Dash.

"I have seen films of people juggling cats," comments Karex. "There was a Steve Martin documentary about the rise and fall of a millionaire."

+++++

Eon and Amethyst try to explain how the American justice system tries to reform criminals.

Indigo says it is too much trouble, "Normally you deal with thieves by cutting off their hands."

"If they are truly rehabilitated then we need to help them," says Eon. "Redemption is one of the highest human virtues."

+++++

"Seventeen years ago, I was walking around with John Battle..." says Eon starting to give an example of changes over time.

"Not this again, you and John Battle," says Karex cutting him off. "We have all heard these stories."

+++++

Karex whistles and says medical personnel.

Indigo glares at him and says, "I am not a dog."

Indigo works the 'spirit touch' on Power-Girl, healing her. Power-Girl wakes up.

"Are you okay young one?" queries Indigo.

Eon happened to be watching Gianna when she 'exploded' and knows that the force waves came from her. He comments on not making her angry or she will go off kind of like the Hulk from comic books.

"Don't read them," states Power-Girl.

"I'll go get it," responds Karex.

"Why kiss a monkey when we have a dragon?" asks Indigo.

"What about one of the parolees?" suggests Amber.

Karex responds that they don't know what the effects maybe so they don’t want Toby to kiss an innocent or a human for that matter. It may kill them.

"They are not innocent," states Amber coldly.

+++++

Eon jokes about running a cat scan on her. Have the cat look her over then ask the cat what is wrong. Dot Dash throws a coin at Eon.

Karex just shakes his head before commenting, "He is made of crystal maybe there is mold in the cracks."

"I guarantee you I have no mold growing in any of my cracks," replies Eon.

A discussion about the proper care and cleaning of crystal starts, Amber asks what kind of wax Eon uses to polish himself. Eon says that he does not wax himself. Karex says that he should because it will make his exposed surfaces shiny and protect his cracks.

"I am not going to get waxed, turtle waxed or simonized," huffs Eon.

"If you are not going to use his wax, you can kiss the turtle," responds Indigo.

The discussion continues getting more and more inane. Finally, Indigo says that there has been enough bartering. Karex says that they are not bartering but bantering. Bartering is what someone does when they want to trade for something.

"If we were trading there would be chickens," jokes Eon.

"I think she is telling you to cluck up," responds Karex.

"In America, it is shut the cluck up," exclaims Eon.

Some quotes from Vitus and ROVER, in RP on Champions Online. Both are currently affiliated with the supergroup the Millenium Sentinels, and Vitus is appalled to discover that the situation in Millennium City is even more insane than that back in Nebraska. Happily, he has plenty of excuses to visit other areas.

Vitus
: One of the problems with moving to a new city is that the local lowlifes don't hit the ground and beg for their lives when they see you coming.

This leads to such surreal scenes as Vitus disguised as a pretzel vendor, and local heavies actually falling for this.

Heavy
: .. And then you're gonna take your money to this here storm drain and drop it in, right?

Vitus
:
Thank
you
*blows heavy's lungs out through his spine*

New Purple Gang Mooks
: Look out! It's Vitus!

Vitus
:
*smugly*
That's more like it.

Vitus
: There's something seriously wrong with this city - I mean, giant fire demons menacing the pedestrians? Everybody knows you only get giant fire demons in dwarven mines

On the Southwestern desert, and the endless hordes of radioactive mutants, aliens, terrorists, escapees, and Grond

Vitus
: "Nice climate. Shame about the neighbours."

The last full moon promises future drama, when he wakes up under a random rock ledge, somewhere in Utah, covered in blood and with what appear to bulletholes in his cloak

Vitus
: What the hells? Last thing I remember was harvesting
mana
by moonlight and getting attacked by a big coyote. If I'm going to wade through this much blood I'd *like* to remember if I enjoyed the experience. And where the **** are my pants???

On Monster Island

Vitus
: If the volcano is such a problem, why don't they sacrifice a virgin and appease the resident god? That's the usual solution.

Vincent Stiles
: Um, that doesn't work around here.

Vitus
: No? Well, virgins
are
in short supply - perhaps they didn't sacrifice enough.

Vitus
: At least the climate is warm. Probably because it's six feet deep in lava.

Trouble with the residents

Vitus
: Look, I'm not a manimal, or whatever you are...
will you stop humping my leg?!?!

He doesn't find the Canadian wilderness nearly as appealing

Vitus
:
*swears*
My nipples have barely thawed out and I have to go
back
to Canadia because the Resurrectionist is up to something? That woman is really beginning to irritate me.

And indeed, she has upset him quite badly, once he figured out who she is. He went on a three-day bender as a result, and was arrested for headbutting a bouncer unconcious.

Vitus
: Well it's his fault, he shouldn't have tried to cut me off. And I only headbutted him - if I'd really meant to hurt him, he'd be dead. And it's not like you have real beer here anyway.

Vitus
: They want me to appear in court next week. What if I'm busy being accosted by undead plesiosaurs that day, did they consider that?

On losing his elephant prod

Vitus
: I feel quite impotent without staff in hand

OOC
: Yes, I *could* have gone with one of the standard animal heads when crafting Vitus's toon, but then he would have been stuck with a permanent HURP A DURR expression. So I used this one instead, so he can look permanently annoyed.

ROVER has been getting some good scenes too

ROVER
: Hello. I Am. ROVER 1.03. I Hunt Criminals. Are You. A Criminal?

Deserich
: Oh, you're a robot?

ROVER
: Yes. Hello. I Am. ROVER 1.03. I Hunt Criminals. Are You. A Criminal?

Deserich
: No, I'm not a criminal.

ROVER
: File Added. Deserich:subset:Non-criminal

Deserich
: Your AI is a bit primitive, isn't it?

ROVER
: Malcolm Made Me. With Self-Improvement Capabilities. Malcolm Made Me. Well.

Deserich
: Malcolm? Who's Malcolm?

ROVER
: Malcolm Made Me. Routine Zero. Protect Malcolm. Routine Zero Failed. Routine Zero Failed. Error. Error. His Head Would. Not Screw On!

ROVER
: Please Surrender. Or I Will. Be Forced To Disable. Your. Points of Articulation.

Droogs
:
*attack*

ROVER
:
*shoots them in the kneecaps*

ROVER
: Alert : Object:subset:File Not Found. Obstructing Traffic. Citizens Distressed. Also : Dismembered.

I hope everything turned out fine.

Wait, what? Hospital?

Yeah, hope that went well.

Mum was hit-and-run by a drunk driver - see The Cranky Thread for details. She's out of hospital now, at least, but I haven't heard if they've caught the bastard yet. He'd better hope the police catch him before mum's biker friends do.

haven't figured out how to do screengrabs yet

If there's a "Print Screen" key on your keyboard (usually "Prt Scrn" and somewhere near the "Scroll Lock" and "Page Up/Down" keys)' date=' that should do it.[/quote']

yeah and there's a screenshot folder in your champions online live folder (Cryptic studios>Champions online>Live>Screenshots) I usually use the log in screen to take my pics as it's a nice size then edit using paint.

A series of missions in CO, involving a missing researcher and a distressingly extensive cave network.

Vitus
:
*appalled*
I've just met a dangerous lunatic. He thinks a cave system crawling with Elder Worms and psychic velociraptors is fun

Predictably, by the time Vitus returns to base he has to go back again, because the researcher is in trouble.

Vitus
: I should have predicted this would happen, and dragged him out by his hair.

After some hours combing the caverns for survivors

Vitus
: If I never do another dungeon-crawl again, it will be too soon

Vitus
: You'd think the discovery of suspiciously fresh coprolites would have been a clue, but
noooooo

Vitus
: Well, at least we've determined what it is they actually eat down here. Clearly, the velociraptors subsist on an exclusive diet of morons.

pics - Vitus and ROVER - apologies for poor quality - for some reason CO only runs at 190% brightness, which plays havoc with toning screengrabs down again later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38660[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]38661[/ATTACH]

Also' date=' for the Rumbaba fans - Mokkurkalfe on DA has done a character portrait thereof, to tide us over as he works on a group shot of McGinty, Lancaster, Amy, et al.

:straight:...Kind of looks like the b****** offspring of Jim Carrey and one of the house elves

from the Harry Potter movies -- after being exposed to gamma radiation.

Only instead of a hulking engine of mass destruction, we got Rumbaba.

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

I do so dearly love the avatar creation options in CO. I have been able to flesh out countless NPCs for my games this way. I've been buying almost every new costume set as it comes out for that very reason: not for my own avatars, but in case I want to design an NPC who would look good in it :)

I do so dearly love the avatar creation options in CO. I have been able to flesh out countless NPCs for my games this way. I've been buying almost every new costume set as it comes out for that very reason: not for my own avatars' date=' but in case I want to design an NPC who would look good in it :)[/quote']

Me too. Though I found last night to my dimsay I could not find anything remotely resembling a nurse's hat. I could fake the sexy outfit ok but not having the cap made me sad