Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"FOREVER!!!!!"

But by all means send them - I fascinated that there's so much 40K /FiM crossover art out there :D

Can you send me a direct email, please? I also could use your comments on my Celestial Avatars of Harmony article (i.e. MLP as a divine pantheon for HERO.)

I once had to argue with a GM over whether my 17-level Fighter would know that Wizards can cast Continual Flame.

When the party wizard(s) had cast it several times in the past.

I know my dude had no ranks in Knowledge: Arcana, but maybe if the GM didn't throw DoomMonsters at us, I could have afforded to put points in non-essential skills.

DoomMonsters that needed the GMPC to be beatable.

Somehow, I still like D&D.

Me too but that crap can happen in any system; it's a GM flaw :)

Netzach: Oi! That wasn't overconfidence, I was rightfully trusting my superior skills. OK, we didn't end up in exactly the right location ... but which Navigator before me has sailed the Warp at such high speeds, into a warpstorm? :D

GM: None that are still alive, or at least the same shape they were when they went in.

Magos Marzu: Next time you want to test your skills as a navigator don't put the crew and the ship at risk. Or I'll put you in a airlock and you can do it from outside.

Netzach: Ah like when you didn't risk ship and crew by pursuing a heretek ship into a system swarming with heretek? Gotcha... ;)

Though my advice as a Navigator: entering and travelling through the warp is inherently dangerous for everyone and everything involved and the longer the trip is, the greater the risk. If you don't want any risk, travel only through realspace. I do my best to keep crew and ship safe, and would like to remind you that we ARE sailing straight into a known warpstorm, because that is were the Mykybe coordinates lead us and the Lord-Commodore ordered us to go. My call was that a quick in and out would be better than prolonged exposure and multiple entries and exits in an unknown and highly unstable area. (OOC: plus as a player I also want to have some fun, as a Navigator I can't really participate in the more exciting firefights etc, this is all I do guys...).

If my services are not appreciated or you think you can do a better job yourself feel free to do so, and I will disembark at the first available space port. Maybe your friend Gazmati wants his old job back
:)

PS: You'd have to think of something different, I doubt whether I'd still fit through an airlock...
:P

Netzach: Additionally - They must be eating crap on Zayth: the whole planet is dead basically, and each Landship requires 20 dedicated decks (yes, covering the full surface of the ship) to just grow a basic staple diet for all the inhabitants (okay I'm weird, but ran some basic calculations on that), which would be strictly vegan and only focussed on survival, aka crap. *reading the sourcebooks I'm a little disappointed in the lack of "depth" of the setting. All info and/or fluff is mostly focussed on grimdarkly blowing the brains out of a host of creatures who without a real good reason want to obliterate everything else. So I've been trying to figure out some basic stuff like what do people eat and where do they get if from... I might wrap this up in "Netzach's culinary treatise of the Expanse" or something.

GM: By all means do so - I'm sure that a sideline in the Michelin, sorry, Benetek Guide to the Expanse, will sell like hot cakes back in the Calixis Sector

The DM is describing a feline villain we've come across. He has an gemstone attached to his throat, which tips off one of the older players at the table ...

Player: "Ocelot?"

GM (nodding): "Ocelot."

Player (sighing): "Ocelot."

Me: "It's only a model."

Somebody give CrosshairCollie the "lifetime achievement in table repartee" award for me please? I seem to be all out.

The DM is describing a feline villain we've come across. He has an gemstone attached to his throat, which tips off one of the older players at the table ...

Huh?

Let's not go to Ocelot, tis a silly place.

From Terracide: Salvaging Hope, the story of a salvage crew caught up in a "brush war" on the frontier after the Terracide.

Jason Baker, technician: Does it worry anyone else that we seem to be better at abducting people than salvage?

Then maybe they are in the wrong business :)

Theren the Archer, Elven Ranger

Goguin the Faithful, Dwarven Cleric

Toarn the Maniac, Human Barbarian

Alek the Evil, Human Blackguard

Samm the Compensating, Human Fighter

Sepheris the Scary, Shadow Rogue

Darrek the Redundant, Dwarf Fighter

Major boss fight this week, as we finished the adventure. Very serious, a near run thing, almost had two characters die, all healing (cleric, second wind, magic item, healing potions) expended. So, only two quotes survived...

GM: Alek is restrained.

Samm: And Samm is devil may care.

Goguin: And I am Goguin, can we get on with this?

Samm: I'm extremely battered here.

Sepheris: You're supposed to get hit.

Samm: I'd rather get hit on.

'Meet and Greet' first session of my wife's new Urban Fantasy game. Character backgrounds, introducing people and NPCs, etc.

"Can't read my, can't read my, can't read my Pooka face ..."

"It'll be easy for (the vampire) to get a date. Love is just around the coroner."

...Didn't work too well for Nick Knight.

'Meet and Greet' first session of my wife's new Urban Fantasy game. Character backgrounds, introducing people and NPCs, etc.

"Can't read my, can't read my, can't read my Pooka face ..."

Suddenly Gaga is explained ... she's really Fairy Glamour Gone Wrong.

"It's an acquired..."

"Taste? Were you about to say 'acquired taste'? Acquired TASTE?! Sashimi is an acquired taste. Cow brain is acquired taste. Cheese whiz: acquired taste! That was the equivalent of dipping my tongue in raw sewage and chasing it down with a cyanide smoothie, only without the mercy of a soon to be dead tongue"

"It's an acquired..."

"Taste? Were you about to say 'acquired taste'? Acquired TASTE?! Sashimi is an acquired taste. Cow brain is acquired taste. Cheese whiz: acquired taste! That was the equivalent of dipping my tongue in raw sewage and chasing it down with a cyanide smoothie, only without the mercy of a soon to be dead tongue"

I hope that only means somebody botched his cooking roll...