Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Jaranthine's Player : As is, the first it knows that another ship is approaching it is when the docking hatch alarms sound. Until the manufactorium is up and running, the station is going to be VERY reliant on support craft to see and communicate any real distance. Well, that and young Paulus Veneratio sitting in the upper decks with a good set of binoculars and a signaling lantern.

Jaranthine's Player : As is' date=' the first it knows that another ship is approaching it is when the docking hatch alarms sound. Until the manufactorium is up and running, the station is going to be VERY reliant on support craft to see and communicate any real distance. Well, that and young Paulus Veneratio sitting in the upper decks with a good set of binoculars and a signaling lantern.

..."One if by RealSpace, two if by Warp, three if by WebWay and four if they just appear"?

Navigator Netzach Benetek's player has put together a quick video trailer for next session, in which they hope Jak can head down and rescue the rest of the away team. Of course, this is how they hope it will go. Minus the Tyranids, and with a successful extraction at the end of it. As GM, I'm hoping for more of a downer ending XD

Responses to the video so far...

Jak's player : :nonp: You know how to grow a man's ego Olaf, that was awesome.

Netzach's player : Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. You do realise next session we'll start playing "danger zone" and expect you to have everything sorted by the time the song is finished right? - no pressure ;)

Jak's player : By the by, I've looked up the vehicle rules and I can confidently say that the Aquila is going to be replaced with a Gun-cutter the next time we get to port because goddamn.

Jaranthine : *Sigh* I'll add it to the acquisitions list, shall I?

Nice video. Did he steal the graphics from a video game or something?

Part of it looks like Battlestar Galactica and part of it is definitely taken from a WH40K computer game.

Nice video. Did he steal the graphics from a video game or something?

Part of it looks like Battlestar Galactica and part of it is definitely taken from a WH40K computer game.

yup, re: BSG. re: game, I'd say so - don't know which one, though

To bad, I can't watch this one. Local law forbids it, because of the music used.

Navigator Netzach Benetek's player has put together a quick video trailer for next session' date=' in which they hope Jak can head down and rescue the rest of the away team. Of course, this is how they [i']hope [/i]it will go. Minus the Tyranids, and with a successful extraction at the end of it. As GM, I'm hoping for more of a downer ending XD

so Shagi said we should build a ring world so we could take the sun with us as we travel the universe

and Troy queried were we could get all that matter to build a ring world

when it was pointed out there were alternative universes

so perhaps a gate could be opened to Gehenna which is always uphill

and we could mine the other universe for matter

so Shagi said we should build a ring world so we could take the sun with us as we travel the universe

and Troy queried were we could get all that matter to build a ring world

when it was pointed out there were alternative universes

so perhaps a gate could be opened to Gehenna which is always uphill

and we could mine the other universe for matter

Then they'd better find an alternate universe where neutronium is ridiculously abundant,

'case they're going to need a lot of it if they want to build something like Niven's Ring-

world (or a Dyson Sphere). They're also going to need someone whose knowledge and

engineering skill is a hell of a lot better than anything Mankind currently possesses at

present -- or will for centuries to come.

Major Tom 2009 :dyn

Deathwatch is looking promising - we haven't even finished making characters yet. Chapter heraldry is currently being passed around, as we flesh out backgrounds. Olaf's character is Iron Hands chapter - mine is custom - the Scions of Fuschal.

Iron Hands Devastator : HMmm - I expected more purple for the Scions of Fuchsia

Scion Tac-Marine : *narrows eyes* Was that some kind of joke, Brother?

Iron Hands Devastator : A joke?! I am a proud son of Manus Ferrus, I do not joke! It's bad enough I will have to put up with all this successor rabble, do not insult me any further!

... And they had also better hope that whichever alt-universe loses all that matter doesn't have well-armed inhabitants who take it personally.

Like, say, the Culture. Or Pak Protectors.

Niven's Ringworld didn't require any alternate universe mining. They just gathered up all the planets, asteroids, etc in that solar system and converted that matter into whatever they needed. Not that that's a small feat, but if you're building a ringworld, you're not engaged in a small feat.

Niven's Ringworld didn't require any alternate universe mining. They just gathered up all the planets' date=' asteroids, etc in that solar system and converted that matter into whatever they needed. Not that that's a small feat, but if you're building a ringworld, you're not engaged in a small feat.[/quote']

Granted, Niven had to create a new material, scrith, in order to make it work.

Hero Campaign (Icons)

Cast:

Panzer: Think Iron Man, but female. Also responsible for most collateral damage in the game.

Golden Dragon: Think Goku in a luchedor outfit. He screams to power up. Also a bit of a sex hound.

Gatekeeper (me): Think Dr. Fate, but a little on the crazy side.

Supernal: Imagine what it would be like if Superman and Batman had a love child.

------------------------------

Background:

The team's HQ is under attack. A crowd of spectators has arrived. Fearing collateral damage, Gatekeeper decides to take the audience out of the equation.

Gatekeeper: I summon a magical assistant.

GM: Really? OK. A cute, little, magical girl shows up and asks, "What do you desire, master?"

Gatekeeper: *A little shocked at the form his magical assistant has taken* "Um, I need you to handle crowd control. Get these people to a safe location."

GM: She nods and summons a bunch more magical girls to keep the crowd under control.

Golden Dragon: *After checking out the magical girls' assets* "Hey, uh, could you loan some of those to me?"

Gatekeeper: "No! I am not the inter-dimensional pimp!"

Hero Campaign (Icons)

Cast:

Panzer: Think Iron Man, but female. Also responsible for most collateral damage in the game.

Golden Dragon: Think Goku in a luchedor outfit. He screams to power up. Also a bit of a sex hound.

Gatekeeper (me): Think Dr. Fate, but a little on the crazy side.

Supernal: Imagine what it would be like if Superman and Batman had a love child. ?!???

Lurid emphasis added. More after the break!

Originally posted by Mjolnir74:

Supernal: Imagine what it would be like if Superman and Batman had a love child.

Ewwwww...

Major Tom 2009 :idjit:

Soooooooo..... He's a hermaphrodite? :nonp::joint:

More 4th edition goodness!

Theren the Archer, Elven Ranger

Goguin the Faithful, Dwarven Cleric

Samm the Compensating, Human Fighter

Sepheris the Scary, Shadow Rogue

Darrek the Redundant, Dwarf Fighter

Lucius the Pyro/Cyromaniac, Tiefling Elementalist

And introducing

Damacus the flighty, Tiefling Warlord

Exploring the Underdark.

Damacus: How much ambient light is there?

Samm: None.

Damacus: None? How is that possible?

Goguin: We're underground.

Damacus: So?

GM: (Facepalm)

Battling Derro, Alek is pinned in place...

Alek: I need to move.

Samm: I understand Del Mar is nice.

Damacus is stunned...

Damacus: Don't daze me, bro.

Samm finds that his arms have been magically turned to tentacles.

Samm: Look Ma, I'm a mutant!

Lucius: I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going.

Alek: Del Mar?

Damacus is unclear on the concept...

Damacus: Is it still dark?

GM: Yes.

Damacus: Isn't it daylight yet?

Samm: Not down here.

Damacus: Why not?

Goguin: It's underground.

Damacus: Since when is the Underdark undergound?

GM: (facepalm)

Yep, I compiled the video from existing sources, inspired by the video from Top Gun to which our pilot Jak linked. No harm intended, just creating some atmosphere :)

I used:

Bits from BSG (S01E05 and S02E12), for the pilot/cockpit shots and the view from the cockpit flying over a desert world

Bits from the Ultramarines movie, all the Thunderhawk shots. The shot of the landing Thunderhawk was editted in After Effects to take out the Marines walking in the scene (our campaign doesn't feature Space Marines (yet...?). In my updated version I also editted the sequence where the engines ignite cause the background (some planet) bothered me.

Bits from Dawn of War and Dawn of War II trailers and cut-scenes as found on Youtube.

My next idea is to get cracking with Blender and do our ship (the Rose Tattoo) in 3D, and maybe that can lead to a nice custom-made animation. That'll take a bit more time than this edit though :)

Oh, forgot to introduce myself: I am Netzach Benetek, Navigator Primaris for the Rose Tattoo.