Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The line requires some setup:

There in an NPC/antagonist in my Star Wars game. His name is Darth Arcanus and he has formed his own order called the Nightsabers. He claims that they are not Sith and they are not Jedi (though his master was Sith) and he wears a metal featureless mask. The guy is clearly savvy and is obviously playing his enemies off of one another. He and the Nightsabers are carving out a section of the galaxy of their own by freeing slave worlds from the Hutts (and others) and he was televised on the Holonet during a battle when his shirt was ripped off to reveal a buff torso covered in scars. Within a day, every Holodrama on the net had their leading man end up getting horrible scars and walking around shirtless. Clearly this look plays well with the audience.

Here's the dialog that followed:

Drunken Duros Captain PC: Psh. That's so tacky and so obvious.

All the female players: Yum. Shirtless and scars.

Drunken Duros Captain PC (turning to the Medical Droid): Prep the medbay!

The line requires some setup:

There in an NPC/antagonist in my Star Wars game. His name is Darth Arcanus and he has formed his own order called the Nightsabers. He claims that they are not Sith and they are not Jedi (though his master was Sith) and he wears a metal featureless mask. The guy is clearly savvy and is obviously playing his enemies off of one another. He and the Nightsabers are carving out a section of the galaxy of their own by freeing slave worlds from the Hutts (and others) and he was televised on the Holonet during a battle when his shirt was ripped off to reveal a buff torso covered in scars. Within a day, every Holodrama on the net had their leading man end up getting horrible scars and walking around shirtless. Clearly this look plays well with the audience.

Here's the dialog that followed:

Drunken Duros Captain PC: Psh. That's so tacky and so obvious.

All the female players: Yum. Shirtless and scars.

Drunken Duros Captain PC (turning to the Medical Droid): Prep the medbay!

Nightsabers, or Knight Sabers?

We named our ship after a metal song. Or possibly a Superman villain. I'm not entirely clear.

Tyrant Sun is also one of the names for the black star that regularly pops up around the Calixis Sector, bringing madness and destruction. The Inquisition are going to be extremely interested in your ship

*reads back story from last session*

"The explorers insist on an inspection of the Sycorax before they head down to Planet Four ( Pukus itself, and homeworld of the species, apparently ) for endless negotiations, tours of important Pukusian cultural sites, ..." - of course, skip the boring stuff and get to the loot!

"... state dinners..." - WAIT WHAT?! they were planning dinners and we went for the frigate filled with Necron scary stuff ?!

indeed.

Tyrant Sun is also one of the names for the black star that regularly pops up around the Calixis Sector' date=' bringing madness and destruction. The Inquisition are going to be [i']extremely [/i]interested in your ship

I thought it was called the "Tyrant Star" not Sun...?

Either way, the player found out about that after offering up that name for the ship - so it's a total coincidence. Also, the Inquisition are a bunch of ninny heads.

The ship Tyrant Sun has been around centuries longer than the Tyrant Star phenomenon' date=' and the guy who came up with that prophesy was burned as a heretic, and Copyright violation.[/quote']

Because in the world of the 40th Millennium, Disney still has lawyers to enforce such things.