Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I hate to say this' date=' but I need this one explained to me. I must be pronouncing 'Obadhai' differently than the rest of you. :)[/quote']

God of Nature.

Theron is something of an elitist. Pelor is the God of the Sun and shines brighter than all the others.

So he tends to be derogatory towards other Gods, even if he's not outright hostile towards them.

God of nature? The Luttuce God.

Whiney Player: Quin-Jets are expensive!

NPC Leader: Let's see Team, for one character point you can all get a Vespa.

The funny cool little Itilian scooters? Well, if they can get ones like the one in FLCL :)

Starting session of the new "Shadows Angelus" game.

Nestor (OOC about the team sorceress): "I am Jamadagni Renuka. You are very impressed."

Ross (the GM) describes a NPC that looks a lot like David Lopan from BTILC.

Jamadagni Renuka's player (OOC): Oh, crap! My character has green eyes! I'm screwed!"

Nestor on Tyger, the human/cat cross: "I'm your worst nightmare. A clade with a badge!"

Burton (team scientist): "We should wear helmets to defend against mind control."

Carpenter (team paladin): "I hope I'm not allergic to tinfoil."

Tyger: "I'm not wearing a colander on my head."

Burton (looks at Carpenter's sword): "I'm not the one using 12th Century technology."

Ross (the GM): *holds up a drawing of the monster on the map*

Yar: "Is that to scale?"

Ross: "Not quite."

Yar: "Thank God."

Prime, a novice "superhero", in combat with an adversary that has almost clawed Amethyst his teammate to death...

Scoring the first good blow on the creature...

The energy rips into the creature's back, opening a furrow from which the black fire within is visible. Prime screams out, "I broke it! Yes, Prime Power! Aim for the crack guys!"

Then later in the same combat...

"Die! Die! Whatever the hell you are, quit clawing my teamma... oh well, I am not good at battle cries."

AIM FOR THE CRACK!!! :eg:

Yep... one of the other players out of character started laughing then commented, "maybe you should watch what you are saying, the campaign is based in San Francisco after all."

PC Post: "oO(Dick got you used to late nights or something?) runs through Tim's mind, surprised to find the idea that Jan might be 'sleeping' with someone...."

:rofl: myself.

GM Post: Dr. Mitchell smiles, "And how is Dick anyway? "

"Wonderful." Janice smiles....

:rofl: Again!

Fantasy (D&D) game. We free this god of strength who was chained up (how he got there is a mystery we don't have the time or inclination to follow up on) and he grants us choices of various strength-related boons for freeing him.

Cleric's player: "Maybe next we can rescue the god of wisdom."

GM: "The god of wisdom knows not to get chained up."

From My Saturday Night Champions game.....

We just finished Sharper than a Serpent’s Tooth. The module where COIL turns normals into snake men. The heroes have found the cure and MCPD are begining to admisiter it via traq guns....

Charle Cho, an out of time oriental martial artists asks:

"How long can we use the excuse he looked like a snake man before the authorties get suspicious?"

The cure was given to Dr. Silverback and Professor Genesis, a 90 year old cantankerous scientist, who has a rivalry with Silverback. He is also Ken's first character before Charlie Cho. Now he is a NPC

"Professor Genesis working with Silverback. That is a poop fight waiting to happen. Couldn't you see it. Silverback refuses to follow Genesis's advice."

Ken as Professor Genesis, in his best 90 year old voice "Why you stupid primate, here let me try something you understand." The Professor throws his own poop at Silverback. This sends the Dr. Silverback back to his primitive instincts. The two engage in a poop-flinging fight.

When PRIMUS comes to ask about the cure...Dr. Silverback points at Professor Genesis and says;

"He started it"

Later that same night we started the next adventure...

The hereos are to search Memorial PArk for a jogger killer. They stumble upon a sleeping Grond.

Charlie offers him Micky-Ds, when that runs out he goes to the park's clubhouse and cooks Grond a breafast. Grond has a big appetite.

Charlie Cho to GM:

"I spend a half phase scrambling eggs, hold a dodge. I do this until the eggs are cooked."

After figuring out that Menagerie was behind the Memorial Park murders and traking her down. The heroes set up an abuse.

Silver Avenger Clark yells;

"Menagerie, you are surrounded. Surrender and come peacefully!"

Menagerie says:

"Who is this Menagerie?" She tries to sneak away.

Silver Avenger Clark says:

"Screw it! We fullfilled “Screw it, we fulfilled PRIMUS’s requirements.â€, as his Ego Blast hits her.