Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

"There's a sumptuous divan in the center of the room, and -- I'm going to spell this because I KNOW YOU GUYS -- a six-foot H-O-O-K-A-H in the corner."

The Paladin: "At the risk of sounding dirty, I'm going to lay hands on myself."

The Paladin, again: "Well, since I don't have time to use my Detect Evil ability, I'm just going to cast the free-action version,Assume Evil and charge the bandit leader."

"For the third game session in a row, you get a bad guy down to 1 Hit Point and he gets to stay there for three rounds. I'm not sure if this warrants a 'way to go', but ... way to go."

Illumian Artificer: "I suggest you seek cover, [The Paladin] is about to do something stupid."

Halfling NPC: "I know. I saw the holy symbol."

Another one, this time from a little while back.

We were playing a Space Opera setting campaign. The GM had created the setting himself, and it was, overall, based equally on Original Series Trek and Babylon 5.

Our characters were all somehow involved in the marriage of a Princess of one stellar nation to the Prince of another. These star nations had been at war for a very long time, and hated each other on "general principal", but were trying to rise above it and create peace.

The Princess was a PC, the Prince an NPC. All the other PC's were in the Princess' retinue, including her bodyguard (me), and the captain of the flagship.

The Prince and his entourage arrive aboard our ship, and all they do is make snide comments and complain. The Prince, especially, is extremely vocal in how unimpressed he is with our Navy and its vessels.

The most memorable exchange came during the wedding reception. The Princess was standing with the Prince, as the new bride and groom, and there were dignitaries and officials, as well as bodyguards, milling about.

"Well," said the Prince," that ceremony was...adequate, I suppose. Not as sumptuous or grand as the ceremonies we have back home. But I suppose that would be because of the cramped accomodations aboard this small little starship."

"But Milord," the ship's captain protested," this is the largest starship in the Astarri Star Navy. It is the flagship of the fleet!"

The Prince looked down his nose at the Admiral. "How...unfortunate, that your entire star navy should be crowned by something so small and unimpressive."

At which point the Princess smirked and interjected," It is my fervent hope that your government has not supplied me with anything with which I would have a similar complaint."

:winkgrin:

player in my Champions game

got up 5 different times to go to the restroom.

He left after his phases, so he didnt really slow down the game.

GM: Dude, you all right ?

PC: Yeah, but when nature calls . . .

GM: Why does she have you on speed-dial ?

Guest The JeRQ

One of our players had recieved a visit from a pharmacutical rep at work and had brought home a "freebie". It was a stress ball shaped like a blood cell (I believe it was for Procrit). For the rest of the day we made as many "cell" puns as possible. Such as holding it to your ear and using it as a "Cell"phone.

I should really stop spraying Raid right before the players arrive.

Along the lines of the AI thing, I was in a game where there was an evil machine intelligence determined to take over the world. The GM wanted it to be the lead-in to a very "Terminator" kind of campaign, and was looking forward to it being taken very seriously.

However, the initial encounter involved the computer being able to subvert -anything- that had any kind of processor and a transciever. Which sounded fine, until one of the Players stumbled into the groups' meeting place and managed to get out a warning before falling unconsci9ous. What was that warning?

"Beware....be...ware...the....Furbees!" *clunk*

The GM was somewhat..nonplussed ;)

Well, not really 'quote of the week,' as this took place some years ago, in a 4E game, but it's still memorable.

First off, the necessary background. Radar was a flying projector - practically a speedster, but he preferred to rely on his Laser Blast than Move Throughs.

Not that move-throughs were a serious problem for him - he could dole out somewhere in the neighborhood of 30" of flight movement even before his NCM multiples came into play, so he could cause some *serious* hurt to just about anything, himself included (low defenses). Of course, his 4d6 AP RKA could do that pretty well on its own (the aforementioned laser blast), but that's beside the point.

We were younger and I wasn't paying close enough attention to the fact that, as the GM, I had veto powers. Ah, the foolhardiness of youth, eh?

Anyways, Radar was played by a player of mine who practically *begged* to have Foxbat thrown at him... and so Foxbat was thusly thrown. When the fight *opens* with a 15" flying wedgie, and Foxbat *isn't* the guy administering it... well, y'know things are already starting to go strangely.

As the rest of the group watches in sheer disbelief, what started out as a largely random encounter quickly becomes an exercise in increasing ridiculousness as Foxbat's attention is *thoroughly* shifted to the superhero who interrupted his Master Plan of taking over the city by robbing ice-cream trucks (and getting some Fudge Ripple in the process). Foxbat fires on Radar, Radar returns fire... it's all pretty well normal, really, except for the two people involved. Until Foxbat fires off a Smoke Ball, blinding Radar in the darkness field.

Then fires a net at Radar, and actually manages to hit, entangling him.

Now, not wanting to *kill* Radar with a fall, I rule that a net wouldn't result in him falling, just tangle him up and keep him in place until he can find a way out.

And oh did he *ever* find a way out.

Andy: "After spending the last phase trying to break free, I'll just use my Flight at full speed to bust out of the net."

Everybody around the table stopped and looked at him like he was crazy.

Me: "Are you sure you want to do that?" I ask him. "You have no real idea which way you're pointed."

A: "Yeah," he says easily.

M: "You're going to have to dice for which way you're pointing when you take off."

A: "That's fine."

M: "Your *full* movement, including non-combat?"

A: "Oh, I can use that? Cool, that way I'll be *sure* to get out!"

Keep in mind, throughout this exchange everybody's eyes are getting wider and wider as they do the math, and a few people have even caught on to what will almost inevitably happen and just laid their heads down and groaned. With his NCM, Radar's movement is somewhere in the neighborhood of 120" of Flight.

M: "Okay, I'll let you pick if you're going to dice for left/right, or up/down."

A: "Up/down, six is straight down."

I can only assume he was *planning* on getting a 3 or 4 and going straight *up*.

M: "Uhm... okay. Roll it."

Now, it doesn't take a 3 on your Deduction roll to figure out just what he managed to roll. Or the reaction everybody else had when he found out he was breaking out of a smoke-cloud and speeding towards the ground at maximum speed. His reaction, to his credit, was reprintable.

A: "WHAT?!?!?" :eek:

I was gentle, and let him only take Stun damage... and allowed him to reduce it as though it was for a move-through, instead of falling damage... and capped it at 30d6 (maximum falling damage, at the time)....

He's just lucky that 911 is on Foxbat-Speed-Dial.

Very little from today's game...

"Are you calling me a coward?" Cheung the weretiger to the hengeyokai court of Edo.

And this one....

GM: make a PER Roll at -3 too hear your cell phone go off.

Me: *rolls a 9* Made it by 3, I have a 12- normally.

In The Real World: *The cell phone on the gaming table goes off*

Game: *stops*

Very little from today's game...

"Are you calling me a coward?" Cheung the weretiger to the hengeyokai court of Edo.

And this one....

GM: make a PER Roll at -3 too hear your cell phone go off.

Me: *rolls a 9* Made it by 3, I have a 12- normally.

Several times in a game, the GM has said something to the effect of "(Tony), make a Perception roll."

Then he'd repeat himself, and I'd say, "Guess he didn't."

JG

From tonight's Star HERO/ Call of Cthulhu campaign finale:

PC's:

Andy - Android mechanical/ technical expert

Logan - Human smuggler

Krychex - Human gritty investigative reporter

Rando - Alien "watcher" with many occult/ Cthulhu Lore based KS's

Draco - Human space pirate/ pilot (who, incidentally, was transformed into a vampire in the course of things.)

_______

Krychex:"I've been drinking a lot more since I blew my brains out."

_______

(Andy and Logan become trapped in the basement of an old church while a horrible ceremony is going on in there with them, in which many people of the town are being turned into Lurking Horrors. Two seated townspeople are simply watching the transformations and seem unaffected.)

Andy: Okay. I walk up to the first guy and tap him on the shoulder and say, "Hey buddy. I noticed the door is locked over there. I really need to get to the bathroom. You uhh... wanna let me out?"

GM: What's your ECV?

_______

Andy: "Why are you ignoring me?"

Draco: "I've got paperwork to do."

Andy: "Wow. A Vampire with paperwork. Nothing more pressing for a vampire than paperwork."

_______

(The group is attacked by a large group of Vampires and Werewolves. Rando, who opened the door through which all the Vampires and Werewolves entered, finds himself completely surrounded on all sides and several hexes away from the rest of the group.)

GM: Ok. Phase 12. Andy, you're up.

Andy: Yeah... I think I'm gonna wait and see how this plays out.

_______

(After picking up the Necronomicon and reading about how "The Great Named, But Un-Named, Greatest Of The Great Old Ones" can be called back from his watery home...)

Rando: "Alright! I've got 2 bottles of incredibly potent blood in my pants and I'm about to go insane!"

The game was a Star Trek adventure. Just as we were about to head into the suspicious nebula, the player who was playing the captain had his cell go off. He picked up the phone, opened it, snapped "I'm busy!" and hung up. (He'd specifically arranged to be off-call for the game time, and someone ignored that.)

Turned out the nebula was a time-vortex. After several iterations, it became clear that the solution to the problem was to nevr have gone into the nebula in the first place. We managed to get clear several seconds before "game start" and sent an urgent message to the captain telling him not to go in.

I paused. "Oh! No! We're doomed. That was the call he refused to take!"

sorry if I already posted this

At our FLGS, We had a 24-hour game-a-thon

to support the troops,

raising money for the USO.

At the half-way mark we called the gamers to order,

said a little prayer, and had a minute of silence for the fallen.

BUT, during the silence, a tomcat in the alley behind the store

was either killing or being killed, because the most horrible screeechy

caterwauling permeated the entire quiet game store.

It was awful, ruined the mood and would not stop,

made the 1 "minute" feel like sixty.

When the club president finally said amen, dutifully

at the end of the minute, my cousin said loudly into the

lull that followed:

Cat must've been a democrat.

More Star Trek quotes:

The Constitution gives you the right to own.

Why are we checking this out?

Because were a science vessel.

Stay on yellow alert just so everybody knows that we are dealing with temporal badassness.

Were supposed to be scamming I mean scanning.

Why do you hate Kinligons?

Because they keep talking.

I watched the ship blow up while I was on it….That was bad.

You could invent the 29th century stuff in the 28th century or the 27th.

It feels like burning

Of course he’s going to eat us…But we don’t know that yet.

Dam…it..Why..Are..We..Talking like. Kirk?

I..Don’t..Know?

The captain is going to dumb and heroic. Again! Get a lock on him so we can beam him out.

One of the PCs to me as my pilot just flew through a black hole. “It’s funny how you can do the virtually imposable on regular basis.â€

The GM describing the black hole. “There is a black hole going OOOOOOOOOH!â€

This is what it sounds like when the doves cry.

PLEASE lets have one thread that doesnt go political!

Okay, so a few years ago, some friends and I are playing a D&D game. (The Gm was intimidated by HERO. We tried to get him to run it, We really did. But anyway)...

The character group is being led by a Paladin. She was fairly new to the Order, as we were all fairly low level (Third, I think).

As we ride down a winding road, just after sundown but before it was completely dark, the GM tells us that we begin to notice that the trees around us have black, wet-looking bark, and that mounds of damp rotting leaves coat the ground. We press on, and the GM tells us that in the growing darkness, the trees begin to look more and more menacing, and that there is a wind rustling through the leaves.

Good description work, really.

And then the GM turns to the Player of the Paladin and says, "So....when do you use Detect Evil?"

The Player (my friend Tom, who is kind of like a cat personified) gives the GM a rather cold look, pauses, and then says"...When I tell you I use it. And certainly not now!"