Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

No, more like opening a gate into the primordial chaos, casting the heroes and Eurostar into various alternate universes, but fundamentally breaking down the laws of reality across ALL reality. DEMON is probably a little miffed at him for that.

Supreme Ancestral Cleave.

as long as anyone in your family is still alive,

I get to take a free 5 foot step and keep hacking.

Does that include the character who has the feat? :D

I can see it now:

"Sorry, you can't use that feat anymore. You whole family is dead."

"What about me?"

"Your undead, so you don't count."

:ugly:

I got the impression that it was "As long as anyone in YOUR family still lives, I can take a free five foot step and attack again." Does it reset if the person I attack as a consequence of SAC has living family remaining? I could get into that cheezy goodness.

No' date=' more like opening a gate into the primordial chaos, casting the heroes and Eurostar into various alternate universes, but fundamentally breaking down the laws of reality across [b']ALL[/b] reality. DEMON is probably a little miffed at him for that.

Well Great, what did he do to THEM?

:snicker:

I love this guy. Does he have a newsletter? :)

We've just dealt with the aftermath of this mess.

To bring our viewers up to speed, the Skeleton Crew (the PCs) are confronted by Gravitar. She says that she has felt a disturbance in the Earth's gravity well, localised beneatg the center of the city, about 4 miles down. She intends to find out whats causing it, but as we had helped her stabilise her powers, she would give us 24 hours to evavuate the area before she tore up large chunks of the city to get to what she wanted. (she would have cracked the planet in half, okay. Can we say Sailor Saturn?) We manage to call in UNITY, and together with them and three of the five Skeleton Crew, they subdue Gravitar. (30" move through from directly above.)

UNITY then leaves with Gravitar, leaving the PCs to run cleanup when the PCs notice a large amount of press arriving. Myself (as Leatherback) and Orca are still exploring an underground stream that appears to lead to whatever is causing the disturbance. (When we find it, I am reminded that our GM is a Lovecraft Fan...)

The Stormlord leaves for his Mansion, having nearly exhausted himself in the battle. Serendipity flees in the face of the press. This leaves Vitas, a Gnoll Wizard (import), to field questions.

Press: Excuse me, can you tell us what happened here.

Vitas: Hm? Oh yes. I just captured Gravitar and sent her along with, oh, what are their names? Doctors Black and White, I believe, and their servants.

Press: You mean to say you just defeated one of the most powerful villains in the world?

Vitas: Is she powerful. I suppose you could call her that. My summoned spiders seemed to have very little problem with her.

Press: But she trashed Eurostar a few years back. Are you saying you're just as powerful.

Vitas: Probably more. I am a Conjurer of Athka-sahn, after all, and the strange warriors and sorcerors could never equal such a prestigious and powerful profession.

Press: Do you think you could take on Eurostar.

Vitas: There's that name again. Are they important.

Press: They're only the most powerful team of supervillains in Europe.

Vitas: Oh, another continent to this one. Is that one full of monotheistic heathens as well.

It went downhill from there. He does have the PhysLim: Unfamiliar with Earth Culture. But I would like to point out that the capture of Gravitar gets world coverage, and as the only source of soundbytes from the scene, his are repeated constantly. Combine that with Fiacho's enraged (when not taken seriously), well, Eurostar paid us a visit. Said wizard had to place all of existance in peril just to get out of it.

incidently, this reminds me of a character in a game played long ago. He was an Earth Elemental Druid. His spirit was forced from his plane by an evil sorcerer, he was to be used as a weapon against the sorcerer's enemies but joined them instead, being a noble and good being. However, the sorecerer had created the vessal for his spirit, an obsidian statue that looked quite demonic. He joins the heroes and in his first meeting of the press they asked him the usual questions and finally it came to this exchange (not verbatum but...)

Reporter: You're heroic actions belie your form. Why did you choose such a look?

Blaquestone: I'm sorry...I am new to your language...what did you ask?

Reporter: Well your look is terrifying; why did you choose it?

Blaquestone: Terrifying?

He looked to his other allies and then back to the reporter.

Blaquestone: I frighten children?

Reporter (Suddenly, not so eager for the answer): Well, yeah, I mean no disrespect, but you scare the bejeezus out of me.

Blaquestone: *Begins to cry*

Reporter: ...

Dreamqueen: "Way to go, you bully!"

Curiously enough; the first villains we faced after that were a group of mercenaries. Including Bulldozer. He spent the entire conflict insulting Blaquestone's "Manhood". Ofcourse that particular "Entire Conflict" lasted about 4 segments before Bulldozer was ...er, dozing.

Curiously enough; the first villains we faced after that were a group of mercenaries. Including Bulldozer. He spent the entire conflict insulting Blaquestone's "Manhood". Ofcourse that particular "Entire Conflict" lasted about 4 segments before Bulldozer was ...er, dozing.

It took you 4 segments to take out Bulldozer? Off your game or something?

Teen Champions game; the PCs and several NPCs are out in the town on a Saturday evening, and are planning to meet at a Japanese steakhouse for dinner (and since they are Ravenswood Academy students, they are of course in their secret IDs).

One of the PCs, Tim (Potential), a gadgeteer/brick, has an appetite out of all proportion for his size and age. One character asked how they were going to deal with this, without causing notice. The response?

"Well, Tim'll just have to ask them to 'Sumo-Size' his meal."

That did literally stop the game for several minutes due to laughter. :)

I got the impression that it was "As long as anyone in YOUR family still lives' date=' [b']I[/b] can take a free five foot step and attack again." Does it reset if the person I attack as a consequence of SAC has living family remaining? I could get into that cheezy goodness.

It's possible to attack members of your own family.

It's possible to attack members of your own family.

Does that mean I can hit myself, do Knockback, and - provided it's less than 5 feet - take a free 5-foot step and attack myself again, an infinite number of times, all within the same round?

Wound up being a character-brainstorming session since the GM didn't show up for his own game and didn't call and tell anybody, so nothing really juicy, but ...

"It's character brainstorming. It's mental masturbation."

"Mentalbation?"

"I like it."

"When you can snatch the Pentium chip from my hand, grasshopper ..."

"You named my character's beast-forms Multipower 'When Animals Attack'?"

"My guy owns a little dojo, with a nice, tranquil garden out back for meditation."

"Hey, then animal-guy can wander in from time to time and whiz on the topiaries ... an easy way for you two to know each other!"

Some more comments jotted down from the most recent session of The Neon Labyrinth.

(Japan has) "Bears, boars, and deer."

"And spiders the size of Volkswagens."

"Chung (another PC) did all the talking, I did all the hitting."

GM: "Do you progress on or do you stop and quiver and fear?"

Us: "We go on."

GM: "Are you sure you don't want to quiver in fear?"

Said after an ugly fight: "All we can do is wait... and see who gets up next."

"Mental genitalia."

Some more comments jotted down from the most recent session of The Neon Labyrinth.

(Japan has) "Bears, boars, and deer."

"And spiders the size of Volkswagens."

"Chung (another PC) did all the talking, I did all the hitting."

GM: "Do you progress on or do you stop and quiver and fear?"

Us: "We go on."

GM: "Are you sure you don't want to quiver in fear?"

Said after an ugly fight: "All we can do is wait... and see who gets up next."

"Mental genitalia."

When the GM double checks to see if I want to quiver in fear ... I go back and sit in the coffee house a bit longer to think about the situation.

as for that last quote.. that one needs some context because my mind.. is stuck in a loop on it.

as for that last quote.. that one needs some context because my mind.. is stuck in a loop on it.

The Neon Labyrinth is a HERO adaption of White Wolf's World of Darkness. It's set in Tokyo and the heroes are fighting an attempt by the demon king Mikiboshi to enter our world and make Tokyo into the "Wicked City."

In the last session we ran across four WOD bakemono, people possessed by evil spirits and consumed by them. One was large and lumpy and looked like John Merrick (the Elephant Man), another had a long (very long) jaw and couldn't speak, another was small, thin, skittish, and giggled non-stop. The last guy had, and I quote: "genitalia consisting of an eyeless serpentine thing flanked by dark green tentacles."

The four were attacking a woman, so my character (Devil Hunter Jones) jumped in and started cutting them down. Exotic genitalia guy managed some sort of mental attack on me described as "fingers in the brain" -- leading to the term listed. Of course, the worst part was when hornets started issuing from all of his wounds....

*whimpers* Oh, I am so envious....

The Neon Labyrinth is a HERO adaption of White Wolf's World of Darkness. It's set in Tokyo and the heroes are fighting an attempt by the demon king Mikiboshi to enter our world and make Tokyo into the "Wicked City."

In the last session we ran across four WOD bakemono, people possessed by evil spirits and consumed by them. One was large and lumpy and looked like John Merrick (the Elephant Man), another had a long (very long) jaw and couldn't speak, another was small, thin, skittish, and giggled non-stop. The last guy had, and I quote: "genitalia consisting of an eyeless serpentine thing flanked by dark green tentacles."

The four were attacking a woman, so my character (Devil Hunter Jones) jumped in and started cutting them down. Exotic genitalia guy managed some sort of mental attack on me described as "fingers in the brain" -- leading to the term listed. Of course, the worst part was when hornets started issuing from all of his wounds....