Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

So' date=' don't keep us in suspense... did it? ;)[/quote']

No, the die turned up a 3.

To be honest, I hadn't thought of dropping the branch on him. It's nice to know I can pull stunts like that if he playtests someone else with Unluck, though :)

Heh. The Tomorrow-Boy bits remind me of a player in my last HERO game, the Third Eye Investigations Superhero-Noir game.

He was from the future, and had come back to change the past, and his schtick was future pop-culture references, which the player and I had fun inventing.

"Hard to believe Keanu won the Oscar for MacBeth.."

A few years ago, no one woulda thought that Mel Gibson would do a *good* version of Hamlet.

JG

A few years ago' date=' no one woulda thought that Mel Gibson would do a *good* version of [i']Hamlet.[/i]

JG

I debate on how good the version was. Is there any mention of Fortinbras? Fortinbras is pretty important as a contrast for Hamlet. He is what Hamlet often measures himself against. He provides an urgency to the events.

It's an action/adventure Hamlet, certainly, and a good action adventure movie. But it does take major liberties with the text(s).

Keith "have yet to see a filmed Hamlet I'm satisfied with" Curtis

I came across this while cleaning up some older posts on the Savage Earth forums. The subject is online dice rollers.

Dice Roller Help Text: xdy will roll x number of y-sided dice. X can be any decimal value (greater than 0). Y is any positive integer.

Player: What's an integer? Is that a car?

GM:The integer is a predatory mutant creature that stalks trade caravans. It will force the accountant in the party to tally up their books. If there is a discrepency, it will devour the perpetrator. This is the friendlier "positive" integer. "Negative" integers don't bother with social niceties and just subtract members of the caravan until sated, at which point they become positive.

The most feared integer is the "rooted" integer. Rooted integers will stay in one place and wait for their prey to come to them. "Square-rooted" integers have nine-inch fangs and vicious claws, armor-like hide, and shoot laser beams from their eyes. They are rarely a problem since they are pretty beneficent, or positive. Fortunately for unwary travellers, square-rooted negative integers are purely imaginary.

Keith "i" Curtis

Macbeth. Is this a dagger which I see before me,

The handle toward my hand? O nay 'tis but

A plasma rifle, phased within the range of forty Watts.

Thus now speak I Hasta la Vista, Duncan!

Keith "pushing the meter" Curtis

A few years ago' date=' no one woulda thought that Mel Gibson would do a *good* version of [i']Hamlet.[/i]

Actually, I remember reading some cheesy sci-fi book set a couple of decades in the future, where they made some throw-away reference to "renowned Shakespearean actor Mel Gibson." :D

(The truly sad thing is that I liked Gibson's Hamlet better than Branaugh's completely-over-the-top version.)

Actually, I remember reading some cheesy sci-fi book set a couple of decades in the future, where they made some throw-away reference to "renowned Shakespearean actor Mel Gibson." :D

(The truly sad thing is that I liked Gibson's Hamlet better than Branaugh's completely-over-the-top version.)

There's always they did on MST3K. A black-and-white German production (thus requiring dubbed-in dialogue) that still managed to feature Ricardo Montalban.

And, gratuitous link:

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/ward_e/bit1009a.html

The truly sad thing is that I liked Gibson's Hamlet better than Branaugh's completely-over-the-top version.

There I have to agree completely. Although the Branagh version did better textually, the pacing was even slower than Hamlet ordinarily demands, and some of the visuals completely altered the characters, and the words' meanings. A prostitute in Polonius' bed? Showing us Hamlet and Ophelia doing the nasty?

Hit me on the head with a five pound hammer while your at it, Kenneth.

Keith "Saw an 'uncut' version at Ashland five years ago. Hi, Cornelius." Curtis

Here's one from tonight; I'd really rather not explain the context' date=' though I will say is was [u']not[/u] during a Stargate game:

"No, I don't need that gun, I'm already using a two-handed thingie..." (pause) "You know, given what that tentacle monster just ended up doing to my pretty female assistant, I probably could have phrased that better..."

Hmmmm, I wonder what the context could be here. Hmmmmm? :eg:

Careful - next time your players have to Save The World' date=' they might decide it's not worth saving. :D[/quote']

In the conclusion adventure, that fellow met a version of himself that had come back from the future, based on the new timeline, and who reassured him that Keanu met with an unfortunate accident in the following few years, and thus the world was safe. ;)

No worries, I do it a lot, just wanted to mention it since this is such a great thread for its actual content (that may have sounded bad by implication, you know what I mean I hope). I almost was going to mention something else re the whole Hamlet topic and that's when I noticed that this thread isn't a regular NGD one or such and that's when I thought to mention it.

So my character is organizing a giant Christmas party, and invites everyone she knows, including a "Charlie SHeen" type actor friend named Chavez.

She walks into the room to find Chavez seriously lip-locked with a beautiful brunette of indeterminate age (think about Demi Moore from Striptease).

"Oh!" she says," I see youve met my Mother!"

*Chad Rolls 17 on his "Thread Derail Disguise" Skill..*

GM: You enter the dungeon. There is a faint sulfuric smell..

Me: I like Keith's X-Men Avatar.

GM: What? Oh yeah, it's great, who are you again?

Me: The Fighter

GM: Right the Fighter dies.

*Chad Rolls 17 on his "Thread Derail Disguise" Skill..*

GM: You enter the dungeon. There is a faint sulfuric smell..

Me: I like Keith's X-Men Avatar.

GM: What? Oh yeah, it's great, who are you again?

Me: The Fighter

GM: Right the Fighter dies.

Was Keith GMing?