Goth Henchmen?

bigdamnhero

Need a little brainstorming help, if you please.

I'm putting together a scenario that includes a number of supervillain henchmen/chumps/minions. Some are just normals in stupid costumes, but others actually have a few limited powers - low level stuff, maybe they can give the cops a fight but they're only going to be an annoyance to supers unless there are a whole lot of them.

Anyway, one of the villain's henchmen are goths, and I'm trying to decide what sort of powers they should have. For example, the Killer Klowns have joy buzzers, laughing gas, etc; the pirate minions have 1-shot pistols and cutlasses; the evil mines (is that redundant?) can draw force walls; that sort of thing. But I'm drawing a total blank on the goths. Apart from lurk sullenly in shadows, I mean :)

Probably goes without saying, but this a tongue-firmly-in-cheek sort of adventure.

Thanks in advance,

bigdamnhero

"They tell you never to strike a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hillarious."

Re: Goth Henchmen?

I think of goths, I think of depression. Maybe tear gas; For an odd special effect, the victims could either cry black tears (like mascara running) or blood, which is a pretty goth special effect.

I also think vampires. That's not to say these guys would really be vampires, but rather wanna-bes. The've probably got fake fangs, glowing contact lenses, and capes (which act as gliding, so they can drop from the top of a building with a PRE attack on locals).

Some "Goth" powers "Oh , why even try?" CE:-X OCV. DCV radius special effect gloomy mopey zone of angst.....MC: Empathic, sadness and or despair... (possably a gizmo, sub-sonics or gas).....daggers, swords, suicide pills....dam reduction: Nihilistic indifferance.......darkness bombs...personal immunity? "I'm used to living in darkness"

If it were me, I’d be tempted to have the powers involve drugs, or maybe I just met the wrong kind of Goths. There should also be something special with the dark clothes and odd accoutrements. Like: armored trench coat, secret compartment violin/guitar case, flame throwing oversized lighter etc.

You campaign looks like great fun indeed, Mortal.

Goths? Not the ones conquered Rome huh?

Nucleon would grant them Darkness, of course, as well as big PRE and tiny scalpels, the kind that really hurts and makes you bleed, but cannot kill you outright (a feeble HKA, reduced penetration linked to a Drain of some sort).

Ultraviolet vision also comes to mind... and why not the hability to Tunnel? Aslo, give them claisentience via "gothic" animals, such as crows and rats. How about a screech area attack?

If it were me' date=' I’d be tempted to have the powers involve drugs, or maybe I just met the wrong kind of Goths. [/quote']

Yes, wrong type of goths, at least for what I want to do. :)

On an 11 or less' date=' a bunch of jocks show up and kick the Goth's asses.[/quote']

Sounds like a valid Hunted to me. :snicker:

Don't give them any powers. They're not as cool as evil clowns or pirates. Have them be the group of henchmen that talks lots of smack' date=' then gives up without a fight, complaining about how unfair it is and how oppressive the heroes are.[/quote']

:rofl:

These are great - thanks gang! Keep `em coming.

Oh, I did think of one more: some kind of absorb ala "All this negative energy just makes me stronger..."

bigdamnhero

"We've gotta go to the crappy town where *I'm* a hero."

Depending on how many you have you could do a few creative things with a gang of Goths.

1. Webweaver - This goth has spiderweb tattoos adorning their body and the tattoos can become active to form a low powered entangle.

2. Mortis - The touch of this goth can cause stiffness in joints and slow down the target of the attack. Perhaps just a drain of running or something like that.

3. Envy - Emotionally cause others to fall in lust for them seeing others as potential threats to them being with Envy.

4. Noir - Simple low powered darkness ablility.

Those are few just off the top of my head. Generally the current age goth fashion is to listen to synthpop/industrial rather then the depressing sounds of the Cure or Bauhaus.

The dress in more of a cyber goth fashion style as well then velvet and poet shirts. Off the top of my head I can type a link though I'm not sure if it is the correct address. http://www.plastikwrap.com

This may help you with a fresh look for your players.

Let me think...

...if your basing your goth henchmen at least in part, with the Elegent Gothic Lolita fashion style, and it's mail equivlent (who's name I forgot), the dress is mostly dark colors, which look like out of the late 19th centery...mostly fully clothed. For the females (and males who crossdress), I would give them parasols with hidden weapions inside them, lace fans with hidden blades, and weighted drawstring purses. Also, I would defently give them some sort of armor, repersenting all that cloth in the way of an attack. And don't forget the sausage curl hair style (which is not exactly a weapion unless it is overly sprayed with holding product, which then may cause damage if the curls are hard enougth).

...for the guys (and crossdresing girls), I would give them gentleman canes with hidden weapions, snuff boxes filled with druged powder to blow in the enimie's faces, weighted cloaks (prehaps with hidden blades), razor brimed top hats, and, again, armored clothing.

...for vampier wantabies (both genders), false teath made of a hard sustance which can acualy tear fleash, and that should be about it (unless you want one to drag around a coffin which contains a hidden lazer cannon...hay, it worked for a certan italian spagetie western anti-hero).

...for just plain "dark and spookie" goths, give them a small selection of magical spells to cast. Or, just weapions with a Haloween fetish to them.

...for "bondage" goths, there is no real help, unless you concider a sterightjacket as armor, and a kicking style of martial arts.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget the Perky Goth contingent...

Mind Control: One Effect - confuse others with happy upbeat behavior while swooning across the battlefield.

I saw Peter Murphy (he's RESPONSIBLE for Goths... dammit) back in May in concert... he *POINGED* around stage the entire time... Peter "Bauhaus" Murphy, bouncing around and literally poinging for 45 minutes. It hurt I tell you. Mostly my sides as I could not stop laughing.

I know... couldn't help myself' date=' one of my favorite lines used to be "If you're REALLY Goth, where were you when we sacked Rome?" :)[/quote']

I wanted to rep you for this but it won't let me, would someone do it for me?