"Hulk is strongest one there is!"

"I am Vengeance! I am the Night! I am Batman!"

"It's clobberin' time!"

"In brightest day, in blackest night,

no evil shall escape my sight,

let those who worship evil's might,

beware my power,

Green Lantern's light!"

If you are a lover of the super hero genre at all, you should recognize at least a few of these. :) Maybe more common to the Golden and Silver Ages, but any super hero can have one. Heck, identifying quotes are a traditional part of most Champion write ups along with background, appearance, etc.

So, what are your favorite Champions identifying quotes, sayings, and battle cries?

Assuming you use them...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mentioned it before, so at the risk of being repetitive :o

My all-time favorite "identifying quote" comes from the alien hero Myrmidon in Champions of the North. I can hear Superman or Captain America saying just this sort of thing to some megalomaniacal super-villain:

"In my time, I have seen Evil with power that would make even you crawl back under your rock. And I have seen it fall."

Originally posted by Nato

I've always been partial to Duke Nukem quotes.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

Sorry Nato, but that's a movie quote that Duke Nukem may have quoted. It's from "They Live."

We used to joke that the battle-cry of the Defenders of Justice was, "Bulletproof, wait!!!"

'Cause, y'know, Jason had "Impulsive" and "Overconfident" as Psych Lims. Well, we thought it was funny. Many other adventures and encounters began, "Bulletproof, don't touch that!"

The other running gag he had was that if the scenario involved any sort of unusual vehicle or mode of transportation, Bulletproof would end up driving/riding/flying it and crashing it before the adventure was through. Didn't matter what it was; zeppelin, submarine, spacecraft, camel- he crashed them all and almost always walked away unscathed. They'd usually burst into flames, too, like vehicles on the Simpsons. We were never sure why the camel blew up... dw

The one that springs most quickly to mind was from a player in a brief Champions campaign I ran. Her name was Dynamo. She got really upset if you accidently pronounced it "Domino". Anywho, she was a short, red-headed Irish lass. She was the party brick, with absorbing powers that fed her strength. She quickly got nicknamed Thumper because she was always saying some variant of "I'm gonna Thump sumthin'." "Hush, or I'll Thump you but good!" "I'm gonna Thump you one!"

Doc

Personally, I use quotes from the Transformer's Movie, depending on the perceived outcome.

"Me Grimlocke love challenge!" when I percieve that it's difficult but do-able.

"Me Grimlocke kick butt," followed by the usually-inevitable "Me Grimlocke need new stragedy" when it goes as badly as I think it will.

"You underestimate me, Galvatron," when someone gives me an assignment and then professes shock when I complete it (usually while other people are still arguing).

"I've got better things to do tonight than die," when the obstacles are purely political and I'm going to get the job done regardless of what people think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In a choice between two evils, I try to pick the one that doesn't involve me dying..." my chaotic-neutral DnD rogue, a twist on something Mae West said.

"Always have a plan. Always have a backup plan, because the first one WILL fail." The Disruptor, my GM-PC in the current campaign.

Theres one from our current Party Brick in my champions game thats becomeing famous locally...

-Brick, to any various and sundry evil.

"You know what the problem with being a villian is?"

"No, what?"

~CRUNCH~ "It'll make your nose bleed."

Then theres our very Wally-West stlye speedster, from the fight with the Supermenace Chupacabra...

"Goat-sucker? GOAT-SUCKER? I dont know if I could put on my tights and go out in the quest of evil named GOAT SUCKER. Here, hang on a second, Ill get a goat.."

When Thor finally lost his cool and patience with Ultron standing there backed by the rest of the Avengers framed by a hole in the wall he had just made and wearing battle tattered clothes...possibly my most favorite quote of all time. Thor says it in a calm even voice by the way.

'Ultron...we would have words with thee.'

Ultiman: I'm the best at what *you* do (and he was: VPP, only to copy opponents powers, only to a level one greater than the opponent).

"You'd better hope I'm evil. Evil Gloats. Evil explains its plans at length. Evil [bANG, thump] Guess I'm not, huh?"

Breakneck (Speedster Villian): "How much of a head start do you want? Not that it matters much"

Agony (Pain Telempath): "Don't make me hurt you, Please, don't make me hurt you..."

"Greater minds than yours have I faced, and greater minds have I defeated. Only once you learn to ignore the rules will you be able to play the game"

KACE (PA Brick with less than perfect control of his STR): "Please don't do this! I know this dance...You hit me, I hit you, you break, no-bodies happy."