WWYCD: The Basics

Mutant for Hire

Re: WWYCD: The Basics

Astro-Knight: He'd fly up and get the kitty, "Here you go Ma'am"

Gaze: Vanish in sight, a moment later, the cat appears before her. Mysterious laughter in the wind.

Max Thunder: "Sure thing." Then Hera turns the kitty into a sabretooth to complicate things.

Recluse: "You're kidd... I mean, yes, sure." Fetch the cat, try not to complain too loudly.

Dethsturm!: *BLAM* *plop* "Not a problem ma'am, always happy to get me some P*$$*!"

Starguard -- fly up and get the kitty. And rub its tummy and play with it and scratch it under the chin, too.

Dr. Pain -- groan, climb up the tree, and probably fall back out of it trying to grab a cat who doesn't want to be grabbed. Eventually, the cat would come down.

Baron von Darien -- laugh ironically at being asked to do something so relatively normal. Then curse under his breath as he re-discovers that vampires spook animals. He'd eventually have to resort to grabbing the cat via main force (not that he'd *hurt* it, but he'd have to drag it down by the scruff of its neck).

Starguard -- fly up and get the kitty. And rub its tummy and play with it and scratch it under the chin, too.

Does SG have a continual Transform, No range, area affect of will give you diabetes because she's so sweet?

;)

Seriously though, that's adorable! It's nice to see a hero that isn't a psychopath... and I'm looking at YOU Midnighter!

Manchine would do this. http://globaldefenseforce.com/comic5/PG11.jpg

Animal Teen would communicate with the cat and tell it never to go that high again. Then bring it down. Specially if there was a cute girl watching.

White Knight wouldn't care and just leave the cat.

Ceige TK it down and make sure the cat was not tramatized. Give it some milk and stuff.

Starguard -- fly up and get the kitty. And rub its tummy and play with it and scratch it under the chin' date=' too.[/i']

Does SG have a continual Transform, No range, area affect of will give you diabetes because she's so sweet?

;)

Seriously though, that's adorable! It's nice to see a hero that isn't a psychopath... and I'm looking at YOU Midnighter!

Hmm, maybe thats her default VPP arrangement. . . ;-)

Millennium Would levitate up, get the kitty, and return it to the little old lady while flashing his perfect smile.

Cheeta would leap, grab, tuck & roll, geting the cat out of the tree in under 2 seconds.

Iron Will thinks "Do the math. The cat has four legs that work, which is four more than I have. I'm a freaking quadroplegic, and you want me to climb a tree. Want me to juggle nitroglycerine next?" All while using his TK to rescue Fluffy.

Snow Leopard "No problem, Ma'am!!" A single blast of cold wet wind, and Fluffy, throughly soaked, is retured to her owner, and probably will never climb a tree again.

Dolphin If the cat seems distressed, will climb up and get it. Otherwise will say "Ma'am, I'm sure she had her reasons for climbing up, and she seems to be pretty comfortable up there. Why not let her come down when she's ready?"

Most of my heroes would fly, climb, leap, what-have-you and get the cat.

The Good Guy: spend several minutes analyzing the situation, trying to decide if he is being decieved into doing something against the cat's will. Then he would fire his snare gun, tug the cat from the tree, and catch it. Once in possession of the cat, he would analyze it for demonic possession/ potential as werewolf bait. If reminded, he would then return the cat to the owner.

Martin Power: Rip up the tree and tip it down to the owner, explaining "Look, Lady; I can't fly, I don't jump, and that tree ain't got a chance in Hell of holding me up. Short of tossing you up there with him, this is the best I can do. Here's your cat." Then do the best job he could jamming the tree back into the ground.

Jessica - being part werewolf would do her best, but probably end up with equal chances of scaring the cat back to the ground as rescuing it.

Silence - would spread her wings, float up and glare at the cat. Cat's, per the usual legends, seem to sence Death and His Minions, would most likely slink back to the ground. If not she would slice off the tree limb and catch the now falling animal. She would then walk off.

Recluse: "You're kidd... I mean, yes, sure." Fetch the cat, try not to complain too loudly.

Can Recluse even go to the bathroom without complaining about it?

Dethsturm!: *BLAM* *plop* "Not a problem ma'am, always happy to get me some P*$$*!"

I thought I mentioned "little old lady". Of course if Liefeld is drawing the little old lady she's... urrk. *goes off to be ill*

I think this WWYCD is in some ways even more revealing of the characters than most of the other WWYCD threads...

Peregrine - Fly up next to the tree branch and gently retrieve the cat, hoping the poor thing doesn't break its claws on his armor.

Silver Avenger Kit Masters - Leap up and grasp the tree limb, pull himself up on to the branch, and carefully lift the cat off of the branch (smiling through the pain of the cat digging its claws into his non-damage resistent arm) and dropping gently to the ground to present the cat to its owner.

Rock Bottom: Ala Mr. Incredible in the movie. Maybe not with the stopping cars bit in the middle.

Calculus: After making sure this isn't a trap, calculates the exact trajectory necessary to toss one of his rubber spheres to startle the cat into falling from the tree.

Mask of Justice: Climbs up into the tree and fetches the cat. Is unfailingly polite to the little old lady.

Kira Midori: Telekinesis is so useful.

Talion: The cat winds up bleeding out before it can be gotten to the vet.

Blackcat would hold out a hand, and use her ch'i to bring the kitty down, petting it, and sothing it as she handed it to the woman. Cats have to stick together.

Ballistic would fly up and get the kitty, but probably freak it out, as he is in some rather strrange powered armor.

Meeb would psuedopod it down.

Terminal Velocity would run up the tree get the cat run down, almost faster than the eye could see.

Angelfire would extend a wing up to where the kitty is, talk to it in kitty langauge and tell it to climb on, then lower her wing, so that the kitty right where the woman could pick it up off her wing.

Can Recluse even go to the bathroom without complaining about it?

Why of course, it just requires an ego roll... and being regular :)

Nah, you don't understand, Recluse WOULD get clawed. It's just the way his life works.

I thought I mentioned "little old lady". Of course if Liefeld is drawing the little old lady she's... urrk. *goes off to be ill*

We do know he's a parody character and that was just a bad pun, right? :cool:

I think this WWYCD is in some ways even more revealing of the characters than most of the other WWYCD threads...

Sometimes the simple stuff works best.

Soulbarb, in hero ID -- the old lady stops in midsentence and runs screaming. Soulbarb curses quietly under her breath, gets back under the cover of the shadows, and slinks off to do whatever she had been doing, never realizing there was a cat stuck in the tree.

If she's in normal ID, she'll make an irreverent comment. If the tree looks climbable and she's got some spare time, she'd probably stop to lend a hand.

If Soulbarb's in Hero ID and the old lady doesn't run screaming, there's obviously something unusual going on here. She'd probably scope out the woman's soul, then wonder why someone with her kind of power would need help getting a cat out of a tree.

Grizzly would simply climb up the tree (rather than risk a powered jump) and climb out to get the cat. He's not going to be concerned about getting scratched or bitten (since the armor will take it), but he is going to be concerned about getting the cat down safely.

Harrowed (an undead gunfighter) would probably stand under the branch where the cat is sitting, pull out his hexed six guns, and obliterate the branch, causing the cat to fall. He ought to be able to catch it before it hits the ground. (Of course, if he had been asked shortly after his. . . reawakening, he probably would have just shot the cat - it's down, and she never said anything about getting it down alive.)

Blue Bolt?

Maybe fly up and bring the cat down.

Maybe ask the cat what it wants (he likely won't understand its answer, but he'll interpret as best he can).

Maybe ask the lady if she's sure she woudn't rather go up in the tree with the cat.

How did it become her cat anyway? I thought you people got rid of slavery.

Whimsical characters can be a lot of fun.

The Gila Monster would probably leap into the tree and gently fetch the cat down. He might be a magically-enhanced scaley humanoid version of a venomous lizard, but he has a soft-soft for puddytats.

Of course, there's a slight chance he'd just mangle the tree and catch the cat as it fell...

Faye: Assuming she's not yet gone public, well, I doubt a 17 year old Olympic level athlete is going to have any trouble reaching the cat. Actually, that applies to most of my characters. They'd say sure, unless there was something pressing to deal with, and it's very easy for most of them to get the cat down.

Ika is an exception. She could certainly get the cat down, but her English is poor and her understanding of modern culture non-existent. Eighty thousand years ago, the only domesticated animals around were perhaps dogs, and they earned their keep. "Pet" is not a part of her conceptual universe.

...you're kidding, right?

Queen of Spades would decide whether or not this is even remotely worth her time. Otherwise, this is a simple fly up, grab the kitty, and hand it back to the owner. If in secret ID, then she'd take what mundane measures she can to get up as high as possible and coax the kitty down to her and return it to its owner.

Then she'd strongly suggest a leashed harness to prevent this from happening again.

FIRESTORM: Would simply fly up and get it unless the cameras were rolling, then she'd try to make it a Kodak Moment, and pitch it as a Public Service Announcement about the importance of observing leash laws.

MINDFLAIR would have no advantage over the average woman her age as she can't fly, has no special movement powers other than Desolidify, nor do her powers affect animal minds.

WICCA has many quick and easy methods to solve the problem, but might want to keep the cat herself.