The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

It's been a good couple of days for the bird feeder.

The flickers, jays, starlings, and others have been contending for boss bird position at the suet feeder. The flickers take no s*** from nobody. The jays spend too much time gloating loudly to get much out of their time, and no one likes the starlings.

The varied thrush is spending lots of time picking up bits the others drop, and the Townsend's warbler appeared today, both dapper and regular visitors, but strictly in the winter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, after 2+ years of part-time employment (and job-hunting for full-time) I have been offered full-time employment with the City of Boise. More money, 40 hrs a week, all the bennies (and they are city gov't type bennies).

And the call came today, on my 27th wedding anniversary. It's been a pretty damn good day today. :rockon::D:celebrate

The merlin seems to have won the contested fir trees half a block north of the house from the crows.

And as I was showing this to my daughter yesterday afternoon, a bald eagle flew past, with a committee of crows urging it to continue westward toward the west and out of the neighborhood.

Well, after 2+ years of part-time employment (and job-hunting for full-time) I have been offered full-time employment with the City of Boise. More money, 40 hrs a week, all the bennies (and they are city gov't type bennies).

And the call came today, on my 27th wedding anniversary. It's been a pretty damn good day today. :rockon::D:celebrate

Congrats! Nothing like Government Bennies