Jokes

Dust Raven

2000: "Go to college or you'll end up flipping burgers!"

2008: "What do you mean, you can't find a job? Is flipping burgers too good for you?"

2016: "You want $15 an hour to flip burgers?! You Millennials are so entitled!"

2023: "How come nobody wants to flip burgers any more?"

One day a man walks into a church, kneels before the altar, and prays, "Oh Lord, there is so much good I could do in this world if you would only let me win the lottery. So when the next Powerball comes up, please let me be the winner. Amen."

The following week the same man walks into the same church, kneels, and begins to pray. "Oh Lord, you did not bless me to win the lottery last week. But there's a new drawing this week, and my desire to use the money to do good is as strong as ever. Please remember me and bless me for my righteous desire. Amen."

The next week, the same man comes into the same church, and again kneels and begins to pray. "Oh Lord, once again you have left my prayers unanswered. There is so much goodness in my heart, but I can do nothing without the resources the lottery would provide. Please do not disappoint me again. Amen."

And before he can stand, he hears a voice from above:

"My child, at least meet me halfway and actually buy a lottery ticket!"

So an elderly Italian man living alone in New Jersey wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, since the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:
Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over.. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love, Papa
A few days later he received a letter from his son.
Dear Pop,
Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie
At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.
Dear Pop,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love you,

On 2/6/2023 at 9:11 PM, Bazza said:

Why do programmers get confused between Christmas and Haloween? Because DEC 25 = OCT 31.

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

There are two types of people in the world.  Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

1 hour ago, Christougher said:

There are two types of people in the world.  Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

This is illogical, as there are actually 3 kinds. 

Those that can extrapolate from complete data = philosophers (a priori).

Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data = philosophers (a posteriori).

Those that cannot extrapolate from incomplete data = scientists (a posteriori).