Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I dont see why the Order cant have a victory over the guild' date=' their attack is well executed and I think the order are powerful enough to beat the guild in a fair fight. Even Elan is not totally useless anymore.[/quote']

Elan put it that way:

"With moderate Power comes moderate responsibility."

I don't think they can win. They might be bale to take out a foe or two. Maybe do enough damage that they won't bother them for the rest of the day.

But the Guild has two higher level characters on thier side. And the defeaning is only going to last for a few turns.

One of those higher level characters is both: a) Seperated from the rest of the Guild by a steel(?) door, and B) Is not fully invested in this mission the way the General is. His motovation to rejoin the fray might not be sufficiently high for him to try and overcome the door obstacle.

While looking around tvtropes.org I found under "Unusually Uninteresting Sight" the following entry:

"When Elan and Tarquin get to discussing Tarquin's evil plans, and ultimately dissolve into a sword fight, the Empress of Blood is sitting right above them on her throne during the whole thing (including Tarquin openly stating that he's manipulating the Empress as a pawn to be disposed of at a later date), and there's no indication she even noticed. Possibly justified by the fact that she's a gluttonous moron who doesn't care about anything but food."

Question:

What are the chances that the Empress is playing Tarquin in this one? Or maybe she is part of his party "in disguise"? Bluffing she is only a stupid galeon figure with only food on her mind?

While looking around tvtropes.org I found under "Unusually Uninteresting Sight" the following entry:

"When Elan and Tarquin get to discussing Tarquin's evil plans, and ultimately dissolve into a sword fight, the Empress of Blood is sitting right above them on her throne during the whole thing (including Tarquin openly stating that he's manipulating the Empress as a pawn to be disposed of at a later date), and there's no indication she even noticed. Possibly justified by the fact that she's a gluttonous moron who doesn't care about anything but food."

Question:

What are the chances that the Empress is playing Tarquin in this one? Or maybe she is part of his party "in disguise"? Bluffing she is only a stupid galeon figure with only food on her mind?

I like the idea. Tarquin is long overdue for poetic justice, and Kilkil is a kobold. The connection between kobolds and dragonkind has shown up in the plot before, and we're getting pretty intensively dragony in this plotline in general.

I don't think they can win. They might be bale to take out a foe or two. Maybe do enough damage that they won't bother them for the rest of the day.

But the Guild has two higher level characters on thier side. And the defeaning is only going to last for a few turns.

Yeah but Durkon is a high level Cleric and one of the high level guild members are undead. I think they can atleast drive them off. Also the story have to come to an end sometime..

Yeah but Durkon is a high level Cleric and one of the high level guild members are undead. I think they can atleast drive them off. Also the story have to come to an end sometime..

That's only if Malak is actually undead though.

Right, that has not been confirmed so far.

And won't work very well anyway, because he is also higher level than Durkon.

Question:

Could a undead evil Cleric Bolsters himself?

Because of the white skin and him mentioning needing "Special Diet" some think he is a Vampire.

A valid way of reading that, but I don't agree that he is. He spent a lot of time standing outside in the daytime, both at the Arena and Girards Hideout. This is a big no-no for D&D vampires, and when D&D rules have been ignored in the past we have always gotten nods to the fact in the strips. (Like weather control not being able to do the stuff Durkon does with it in Cliffport)

• 2 weeks later...