Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

New one is up. You'd think that eventually someone would learn enough cross-class skills to speak to NPCs, instead of leaving it to Elan.

(And why do I keep hearing "It's not my fault. Really. It's not my fault." When did Elan's dialog start sounding like Harrison Ford?)

Banjo likes his women with experience... CLASSIC!

Is anyone around here reading the other comic on that site? The Battle for Gobwin Knob? It's pretty interesting.

Yeah. The first time I tried to read it, I navigated away pretty quickly. I saw classic fantasy parody elements; oddly-named (and looking) gods, all that kind of stuff. I gave it another try a while ago, and realised it was so much more. The parody elements are all there, but it's bound together into a self-consistent (but still totally crazy) world. Real nice. Just wish it updated more reliably.

Yeah. The first time I tried to read it' date=' I navigated away pretty quickly. I saw classic fantasy parody elements; oddly-named (and looking) gods, all that kind of stuff. I gave it another try a while ago, and realised it was so much more. The parody elements are all there, but it's bound together into a self-consistent (but still totally crazy) world. Real nice. Just wish it updated more reliably.[/quote']

Quoted For Absolute Truth

Yeah. The first time I tried to read it' date=' I navigated away pretty quickly. I saw classic fantasy parody elements; oddly-named (and looking) gods, all that kind of stuff. I gave it another try a while ago, and realised it was so much more. The parody elements are all there, but it's bound together into a self-consistent (but still totally crazy) world. Real nice. Just wish it updated more reliably.[/quote']

Agreed! I wish they would update more often. I really enjoy the art. It's cartoony w/o being ridiculous. The story is an interesting one too, though due to the fact that it updates so infrequently I find myself going back a few posts and rereading what's there so I don't get confused.

Is anyone around here reading the other comic on that site? The Battle for Gobwin Knob? It's pretty interesting.
I started to. But the protagonist is a bad guy, or at least is working for the bad guys without any moral qualms. So, I stopped.

(Maybe I should have used "was" instead of "is", but for some reason I doubt it's changed since I stopped reading it.)

I started to. But the protagonist is a bad guy, or at least is working for the bad guys without any moral qualms. So, I stopped.

(Maybe I should have used "was" instead of "is", but for some reason I doubt it's changed since I stopped reading it.)

It's gotten a little more complicated since then.

It's gotten a little more complicated since then.

"Little" is an understatement. I'm actually impressed by how the plot is developing and how Parson is establishing himself as a seperate entity from the other world players. Plus at the beginning of the comic he either worked for the bad guy or he could be disbanded/killed. I took it as he was just trying to make the best out of a bad situation, or a situation he didn't altogether believe was even real.

This is, word for word, my experience with the strip as well.

"Come here by snuggly green cutie-pie."

Is it wrong that I've never given that much thought to a stable half-orc home life? I mean they all can't be products of pillaging and violence. Won't you join me as I take a look at the trend that is sweeping the known world. 'I'm in love with an orc...' next time on Oprah.