Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Hooray for old and fat! Argh... stupid brain... come up with something clever... you old piece of poo!! I'm going back to killing you with beer...

On a serious note... fencing is interesting, I wouldn't mind trying it sometime. Only sword play I ever learned was chinese broadsword (dao, I think) and executioner's knife, neither of which is exactly as precise as fencing looks. Fun and interesting in its own way, though.

Gotta stop spending money so I can commission something from Storn... argh...

On a serious note... fencing is interesting' date=' I wouldn't mind trying it sometime. Only sword play I ever learned was chinese broadsword (dao, I think) and executioner's knife, neither of which is exactly as precise as fencing looks. Fun and interesting in its own way, though.[/quote']

Fencing (what little I've done) is fun, but you've gotta be seriously quick to be any good at it. What little epee work I've done pointed out two things: 1) I make a great target, and 2) I make a poor opponent because I'm so slow.

But don't let me discourage you -- because it is fun.

Matt "Sitting-duck" Frisbee

Hey Storn, I was looking through my vast vault of your work this morning (when I should be cleaning) and I was struck again how much your superhero art reminds me of Alan Davis, and that's a definate compliment. The other thing I noticed were I have favorite "Stornistic" qualities.

I adore your bluewhite light effects and the green characters. When you design a costume in green, not even a favorite color of mine, they all look outstanding. I don't know what it is, but characters like Catalyst, Cianide, Absinthe, Forceful Leaf, Tachyon, Torque, sickness, and the blind archer/gadgeteer just love the way the colors and the shading work together.

There was a guy in all red, but it's only one shade/hue or whatever of red. I'm going to have to scrape the coin to comission similar characters in different mon color schemes. :)

Anyway, just wanted to restate my admiration for you and point out what I like. I hope you will be making GenCon this year!

Edit: Cobalt is a good example of a "Blue"...forgot about him.

Re my last two commissions I was wondering whether someone would notice something significant and comment on it. Someone on the M+M boards has. Be interesting to see when and if they do.

The stylized US flag on Captain Communist? Eh, with all the alternate histories and such available to supers worlds, wasn't a big thing to me. :D

Chad, thank you for your kind words. I don't think I pencil like Alan Davis, but I ink like Davis's inker, Mark Farmer, a bit. We both have sorta rounded organic, smooth line.

But Alan Davis is a huge fav. I just picked up a book about him containing several interviews (of Neary and Farmer too). Good read.

Here is an character who is in a cross-dimensional campaign setting.

HannanloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

The stylized US flag on Captain Communist? Eh' date=' with all the alternate histories and such available to supers worlds, wasn't a big thing to me. :D[/quote']

Not an alternate history. American paranormal in America as you know it (well with Supers) as Captain Communist. She was part of the Presidential bodyguard and a radical. When she could stomach no more the dictate that she should be 'seen but not heard'

I would bet it's a gate key that allows her to walk the dimensions ...

I was told to do a stun rod. Since the clothes and gun were modern... I decided to do the stun rod as kinda arcane and archaic looking as opposed to a police stun baton...but same size.

Here is Lord Mhoram's Black Cat.

BlackCatloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/