Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

This illustration was created as an award for a contest at the Liberty

Hall Writers forums. More information about Liberty Hall is available

here: http://www.libertyhallwriters.org/phpbb/index.php

SuckloRes.jpg

As for other threads:

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5263&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=204165

http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=3740&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I just sent off my first commission to Storn. It will be artwork for the character Sweeper from my Dark Champions campaign (the Weekend Warriors). I am sure the art will eventually get posted here.

Edsel I am sure you will be very happy with Storn's work. Every one he has for me I have been very pleased with. I think he is busy with other projects now, so it may take him a while to get to them, but it is well worth the wait.

I have three I am waiting for right now, with more to come.....

I just sent off my first commission to Storn. It will be artwork for the character Sweeper from my Dark Champions campaign (the Weekend Warriors). I am sure the art will eventually get posted here.

Sweet. Based on your write-ups of that campaign, I can bet that your pics will be totally usable in my Secret Worlds campaign. Modern day gun bunny characters are always fun to have drawn. I look forward to seeing them.

Edsel, I got your payment to paypal notification... but I never got Sweeper's description. I'm not sure if you sent it and it got stuck somewhere or you are still compiling. And if you got any reference for that .454, I would sure appreciate NOT having to track it down.

It will be a bit before I get to it. Unfortunately, I've been traveling and will be traveling on the weekends. Tough to get stuff done.

However, this last weekend, I spent 2 days looking at art of hardboiled guys with guns blazing, as I went to my very first "Pulp" con at the Windy City Pulp Convention. Just thousands and thousands of magazine & paperbacks and their covers from 1900 to 1960s. Lots of originals too. Steranko brought his entire Shadow reprint Painting line (musta been 20 paintings in his collection). So, I'm a bit charged up!!!!

A couple of George Sander's western covers originals are just action packed, beautifully and vividly painted. Met his son, who was a really cool guy. Met Gary Gianni, who is doing Prince Valiant now, and had a couple of dynamite covers for the Conan limited ed that are being published now. Stuff that made me go wow!

I might have to channel some of that two-fisted Pulp energy into Sweeper. After all, the Pulps are before comics, and then kissing cousins as comics evolve.

When I get home this evening I will resend the email with the description. I'll put a delivery confirmation on it so I can see if it's getting through. I'll add a couple of links to sights that have photos and tell about the gun (Mateba). It is a pretty uncommon weapon. If you know anime the character Togosa from Ghost in the Shell used one of these guns.

If I can't get the email to go through I'll post the information here as a zipped attachment.

However' date=' this last weekend, I spent 2 days looking at art of hardboiled guys with guns blazing, as I went to my very first "Pulp" con at the Windy City Pulp Convention. Just thousands and thousands of magazine & paperbacks and their covers from 1900 to 1960s. Lots of originals too. Steranko brought his entire Shadow reprint Painting line (musta been 20 paintings in his collection). So, I'm a bit charged up!!!![/quote']

Well poo. I wish I had known. I live about 2 miles from there. We even saw a large number of creatively dressed people walking around when I went to pick up my boyfriend from the train station Friday night. We could have done dinner or something.

Ah well. Maybe next year!

Well poo. I wish I had known. I live about 2 miles from there. We even saw a large number of creatively dressed people walking around when I went to pick up my boyfriend from the train station Friday night. We could have done dinner or something.

Ah well. Maybe next year!

We got in late Friday night anyhow... and I went totally last minute. But thanks for thinking of me!

Here is an older pic that I did while playing in a Hero/Champions game many moons back. I just found it and scanned it in. Might recognize who it is. You can see it some type from the cheap paper that I was doodling on. Heh.

Shugoshinsk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, I know that several have been a'waitin' on their commissions. These three weeks have been a bit busy as I had weekend plans every weekend. Last weekend was my grandmother'ss 80th Bday bash in Dayton. This weekend is publicity for Actionopolis at the Motor City Con.

Actionopolis is a young adult publisher. Not comics, but illustrated novels for 12 yr. old set. If you are at the con, stop on by.

So. I've got some commissions penciled, as I've been on the road. But nothing is finished.

I just found these three doodles from me sketching during an actual game. This is for a once a month pulp game (1928) that features us players journeying to a mysterious island that the previous expedition never came back from.

We have Beatrice White, the entomologist (I think that is the right spelling). We have Dr. Jackson, archeologist and animal rights activist. Visual is very much based on a Dr. Jackson seen in some other show. And Malloy, the American mercenary who's recent adventures where in China. Robert Mitchum was the basis for Mallory. Which I drew a young R. Mitchum from memory, no reference, and I think did a credible job. My character, Percy Sullivan, son of a Colorado ranch baron has a picture, but I haven't tracked it down.

So, here they are.

BeatriceloRes.jpg

DocJacksonloRes.jpg

MalloryloRes.jpg

Wow SOunds Like a Fantasic game you are in!

Oh and Im no just saying that cause im in it too :>

ANd Folks, Just let me tell ya how fun it is to, play a game and an Hour into Storn goes, " Hows this look?" and he shows you a sketch of your character!

Woo !

(and we were good and didnt beg him to do it either :> )

Steve aka Jake MALLOY (sheesh get the name right :> )

Guest Cougar

Hadn't seen the sketch of Bea. Great job!

Dr. Jackson is actually a zoologist, though. For the crowd: His animal rights activism has a lot to do with Daddy having been a "Great White Hunter" and his having seen a lot of pointless slaughtering of animals to stick their heads on a wall. Not exactly a common attitude in the Pulp Era, but a fun contrast to play with.

Any resemblence to Montana "Monty" Jackson and archeologists named Jones or Jackson is purely non-coincidental!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry on the name dismantling, guys, I was going off of my fastly scribbled pencil notes in my folder.

good to know.

Okay, this guy didn't get a title from ChadR. Or I had forgotten it (more likely). But he asked for a hydrokinetic, namor-like who dresses like a romance novel character, complete with open chest and "I'm so sexy" grin. ChadR did ask for buccaneer like boots, but I couldn't make them work with the water... it looked too clunky.... so I made him barefoot. I hope you can forgive me, Chad.

AquaguyloRes.jpg