Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

This brings up a question of mine, Storn. I know I can post any commission you do for me to my website. Can I post other people's commission to my website if I get their permission? Would I also need your permission?

I have plans for some of Death Tribble's commissions. None have been used yet. I do plan to give the owner of the commission credit for it, like I give you credit for your work..:-)

Err' date=' I meant artists.[/quote']

It is not for most.

Sure, if you have the leverage of Brom, maybe you can do work for Wotc and retain your own work... but do you see Brom working for Wotc much anymore?

If I got a Magic card, it pays 3x what an Legend of the 5 Rings card does. but my L5R art does eventually revert back to me. AEG has a very generous contract in that way. I could do an art book down the road if demand was there. WotC has financial clout... they purchase that. I bet they pay more than, say, Hero per word, too!

Also, art for covers has a bit more "play" as opposed to interiors. Interiors tend to be very specific, World of Warcraft Orc Cheiftan Two-Ton Hammer is going to have a look that is not going to find a home anywhwere else... so a Work for Hire situation there is not quite as heinous.

I thinking writing might be something similar. A story for Forgotten Realms is really, really going to smack of FR... or at least should... its not going to feel right in a White Wolf new World of Darkness compilation.

But cover art is designed to sell... a cool fantasy cover might be on an RPG, a paperback and a computer game all at the same time (late-great and lamented Keith Parkinson had this distinction).

So, yeah, artists want to retain their cover art.

Bengalelf, the proper, nice thing to do is to ask both parties... Death Tribble and myself. I have no problem with it as a general rule, but I will defer to my patrons on this issue.

This brings up a question of mine, Storn. I know I can post any commission you do for me to my website. Can I post other people's commission to my website if I get their permission? Would I also need your permission?

I have plans for some of Death Tribble's commissions. None have been used yet. I do plan to give the owner of the commission credit for it, like I give you credit for your work..:-)

Ask me in May when I am back from holiday. I'll let you know then

Advance notice: The next Storn idea to pic thread starts in May. Thinking caps on. Don't post the ideas here. Save it for the new thread.

i believe they also stole that concept for the return of batman after the whole bane/ knight fall incident Shiva kills the master of UNARMED COMBAT (literally as he has no arms) and his legless brother so that there disciples will hunt down batman and he will be forced to kill

But cover art is designed to sell... a cool fantasy cover might be on an RPG' date=' a paperback and a computer game all at the same time (late-great and lamented Keith Parkinson had this distinction).[/quote']

"Curse Of The Azure Bonds" if I remember correctly... I loved that story.

As for the winged archer.... ooooohhhh... I like her, very nice image.

"Curse Of The Azure Bonds" if I remember correctly... I loved that story.

As for the winged archer.... ooooohhhh... I like her, very nice image.

I hate to argue with a ghost who is an angel, but the Curse of the Azure Bonds (and it's subsequent sequals, the Wyvern's Spur and Finder's Stone) covers were done by Clyde Caldwell. Who is one of my fave artists and was kind enough to send me a signed copy of "The Art of Dugeons and Dragons" along with a six page auto biography when I was a freshman in college.

ya know, winged folk are just one of those fantasy concepts that can jump over to supers. So I'm cross posting this one.

ARWloRes.jpg

I just so happens that there is a player in one of the fantasy games I play in that is playing this exact character!!! :shock:

He will be tickled pink to see this! Thanks Storn! :thumbup:

Well, I have to say, Storn really did an amazing job with illustrating my latest character. His name is Echo, and he's a mutant twink with an EC of Sound Manipulation (he can do all sorts of tricks). He's only 19 and meant to be the immature/flighty rookie hero. :rolleyes: Now I wonder what strapping hero in the campaign Echo will develop a crush on... :doi:

echolores.jpg

Well' date=' I have to say, Storn really did an amazing job with illustrating my latest character. His name is [b']Echo[/b], and he's a mutant twink with an EC of Sound Manipulation (he can do all sorts of tricks). He's only 19 and meant to be the immature/flighty rookie hero. :rolleyes: Now I wonder what strapping hero in the campaign Echo will develop a crush on... :doi:

echolores.jpg

Not a hero, but, Howler?

Can you imagine the racket those two would create if they met over a pair of Jimmy Choo strapless sandals at an annual Macy's "Day After Thanksgiving" sale.

Good god. That hurts just thinking about it.